“GREAT! Pleasant surprise!”

Ranked #42 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Colorado, United States
“GREAT! Pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We had a great stay. A pleasant surprise!! Lobby, bathrooms, pool, hallway, our room, etc. were very clean. I was expecting a 'cold' continental breakfast (i.e. cereal, bagels, muffins, etc), but came down to a buffet of hot breakfast selection. Yeah! Our 'total' stay was definitely more than we expected. Thanks you! We would highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Jake H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for the review, it is much appreciated. I'm very glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed our breakfast so much! We hope to see you again next time you are in Denver.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We used the Hapton Inn & Suites-Speer Boulevard in Denver for three nights and liked it a lot. The rooms a a bit on the small side for American standards (but very large if your used to hotel rooms in Europe), but have everything you need and are very clean. The staff at reception is pleasant and helpfull. There is a nice but small indoor (fortunately, because on the last day of our stay it was 11 degrees Farenheit (-12 Celsius) on our last day in Denver and it was snowing) swimming poll and jacuzzi. It is a twenty minute walk to downtown Denver (16th Street) and all the shops, pubs and restaurants. There is a lot to do in and around Denver. It is a city with a vibe based close to the beautiful Rockie Mountains. Beside of the many pubs (check-out the Yard House with more than 140 draft beers on tap), there are wonderfull locations for dining out. Do visit the authentic Vietnamese restaurant Pho-natic opposite the State Capitol building on Colifax Avenue. Great food and very moderately priced. Denver is a great place to stay and the Hampton Inn on Zuni Street a good option to book.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Will de d
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend and were very pleased. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly (Jessica checked us in and was especially friendly). The rooms were clean and quiet - perfect for our family. The location was very good - my husband and son had tickets to an Avalanche game and were able to safely walk to the Pepsi Center. The hotel was close to everything. We would definitely stay here again - thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank hawkeykids
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while visiting relatives in Denver. The location is great. We were able to walk downtown and to the aquarium. There were not many restaurants right there but downtown offered many options. The parking was free and it had easy access to other places. Fitness center is small but there are outdoor jogging trails close by. Nice room and better than average breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Mark H
Columbia Falls
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The room was clean and secure, however is was dark and seemed dated. The in room refrigerator was noisy and, when it turned on, made sleeping difficult.I eventually got up and turned it off. The breakfast was good, with a lot of variety.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Jake H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your room and the noise that the fridge made. We are in the process of replacing our older, noisier mini fridges in our rooms. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I recently stayed here with my mother and aunt. We were in town for a concert at the Pepsi Center. I chose this hotel because we wanted a place with: free parking, free breakfast and near the venue.
I have nothing negative to say and in fact, I was very, very impressed with every aspect of this property.
1st: check in/check out was seemless. The staff was extremely friendly but not fakely so. No mistakes were made and both activities were quick.
2nd the room: The room was right next to a main street. I was concerned about noise because of the level of traffic on this street AND the fact that the property is immediately off of the freeway. I heard nothing of the freeway or the street during the day or at night. I surmise that the property must be extremely well insulated as I didn't hear another guest or door either. It was wonderful.
The beds were firm, a little more so than I prefer but comfortable. There were a variety of pillows to choose from. I brought my own so I can't say how comfy they were but my mom and aunt had no complaints. They said they couldn't spend all day in bed if that tells you anything.
There was a complimentary bottle of water in the room as well as coffee & tea WITH to-go cups.
The bathroom was well stocked, medium sized and nicely appointed. The hot water was ample in the a.m. and p.m.
Now for the ammenities: There is a free 24 hour coffee bar that has every possible thing you can think of; coffee, several kinds of tea, creamers, sugar/sugar substitues, hot water and cocoa. The area was clean and always fully stocked. We drove 8 hours from Billings so we had coffee when we checked in and several times during the next day. We never found anything missing or dirty.
The FREE breakfast bar was one of the best I've ever had a hotel, period. Pick something you like to eat for breakfast and there is a 90% chance that it was there. The breakfast is from 6am-10 and included: scrambled eggs, maple smoked sausage, breakfast potatoes, 3 kinds of cereal, hot oatmeal WITH walnuts, cranberries and brown sugar to top it, a hot waffle iron with fresh batter (and all the topppings), pastries, bagles, bread for toasting, muffins, english muffins, fresh sliced fruit, unsliced fruit, cranberry/apple/orange juices, milk, hard boiled eggs...I can't think of ANYTHING that was missing. The quality of everything we all tried was excellent. This was NOT cafeteria food. I was so impressed.

AND if you didn't have time to partake in the breakfast, the staff had PREPARED grab bags for those on the go. The bags included: bottled water, an apple, a breakfast bar and a muffin. These were also free and plentiful. I've NEVER stayed anywhere that has had something like this and I have stayed at a few 4 star and 1 five star hotel in my time.

The pool and hot tub are open from 6am-midnight and we tried both. The pool is a 5 foot depth model and the hot tub would easily fit 5 people. The water was the perfect temperature and the towels were plentiful.

The fitness area looked nice and was also open 6am-midnight. We didn't go in so I can't say anything else about that.

AND the propery had free laundry. You didn't have to put coins in or anything, just bring your own soap or buy it from the hotel store, onsite. Wow.

We paid $135 w/ all taxes and I'd say it was worth every penny. Stay here and even Scrooge couldn't be disappointed.

Room Tip: This property is an easy 15 minute walk to Pepsi Center. Save youself the parking/traffic hassle and...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank onewickedb
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I was in Denver for work and picked this location and hotel to be close to highways, but still have dining options in walking distance at night. I didn't hear the highway from my room, and I stayed on the side facing downtown.The neighborhood (Highland) is growing but safe at least where I walked. It was a bit more of a walk than I thought to restaurants, but good dining options were available, especially on 32nd Ave. The front staff hand out lists of restaurants and were very helpful about recommendations. This is a new hotel I'm gathering by furnishings and the look of my room. The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast wasn't spectacular, although it was free so can't complain too much. The freshly prepared hot cookies at the end of each day made up for it. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor were especially quiet according to my colleague.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Jake H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you very much for the review. I am glad the hotel was in such a good location for you. We are in a very good area if you're looking for great restaurants. We hope to see you next time you are in Denver, and we'll have some more warm, fresh cookies waiting for you!