“Okay hotel, clean and great staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard
Ranked #37 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The friendly staff was the best thing about this hotel. The room was clean and the breakfast was great. Although the location is good for being close to town, there is a lot of traffic noise during the night. Because I was travelling with my 94 year old mother, I had requested an accessible room a month in advance of our trip. When we got to the hotel, we were told an accessible room was not available. I asked for an extension for the commode, as that is what my mother needs most. I was told one was not available. Since we were on the first floor, my mother was able to use the public facility down the hall. This was a personal problem and I don't think it would affect most travelers. I still recommend the hotel for most travelers. There is a heated pool and hot tub in the basement and an exercise room that were very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jake H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Unfortunately since you booked a standard room, we could not transfer you into a handicap accessible room since they were all booked during your stay with us. I’m glad you had such a great experience with our staff and hope we were able to accommodate any other requests to your satisfaction. We hope to see you again next time you are in Denver!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel was located 5 min taxi ride from the downtown and very convenient. Complimentary breakfast was good. Bed was very comfortable, and bathroom was nice and clean. I would definitely come back to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I, along with our two adult children and their spouses, and our two teenage granddaughters stayed for four nights in three rooms! The hotel could not have a better location for downtown Denver, sport venues, shopping and restaurants. It is spotlessly clean throughout, with marvelous rooms and reasonable prices. The breakfast, which was included, was excellent with both hot and cold entrees. It deserves the high rating and you won't be disappointed! This has made me a fan of the Hampton Inns. My wife and I stayed at the one just outside DIA and it is also excellent!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jake H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you so much for the review. I’m very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! We all look forward to having you back next time your travels bring you to Denver.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in order to be close to Coors Field and downtown.
While we were a little farther away from downtown than we thought, the hotel was very modern and clean. Free parking and commentary breakfast were nice additional perks. The eggs and potatoes were very good for this type of free breakfast.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Hampton Inn in Denver (Zuni St.) is a great hotel. You can't beat the amenities for the price; very nicely decorated, clean, and inviting. It is a real value and located conveniently off Speer St. The Hampton Inn is a great place to stay when touring Denver. It is next to Convention Center, Pepsi Center, and great restaurants. The free breakfast is delicious as well as convenient. Please note the complimentary parking as this is rare while staying in Denver.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I'd never stayed in a Hampton Inn before, but based on my experience in Denver I would definitely book one of their hotels again. The service was excellent (particularly when enquiring about nearby restaurants), the breakfast superb (so much choice, and very spacious dining area), the room clean and modern, and the parking was free. Everything was hassle-free, which is exactly as you want.
Tip: The hotel is ideal for the freeway, but is certainly not in downtown Denver. If you plan on walking anywhere other than a few nearby restaurants, it's probably not the best choice for you.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel is across the river from downtown, which I thought would be a negative but proved to be the opposite. It is located on Speer Blvd which makes it very easy to access the freeways, get into and out of downtown and allows free parking. The property is well maintained and does a good job of offering a quality mid priced lodging. I would recommend it and would likely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jake H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thanks for the review, Mike and Willa. This is a great location to stay at if you’re looking to be close to downtown, but don’t want to mess with the hassle of parking and traffic down there. I’m glad you enjoyed yourselves here, and I hope to see you again next time that you’re in Denver!