“Nice hotel, but not the Renaissance I know.”

Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel
Ranked #23 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 27 July 2014

It was a nice hotel and very business friendly, but the Renaissance's I'm used to are better than this. As usual the staff was great, but there were some issues.

Pros:
Nice hotel, great spot downtown.
Friendly/helpful staff.

Cons:
Conference rooms were tiny. Extremely tiny. We booked a conference room for 20+ people and the room that was supposed to fit this was extremely cramped.
All the huddle rooms in the business center were cordless. Ports for HDMI, VGA, etc. but 0 hookups. I know I should have brought my own, but when I asked the receptionist she had never heard of "VBA" cords but she would add it to the list of possible business needs. I have stayed at Renaissance's that had cord pouches in every room (HDMI, VGA, Stereo/Aux, RCA, DVI) and a 5 star downtown hotel doesn't have a monitor plug for their own TVs/Projectors in a business center?
Multiple colleagues had issues with the doors not locking. I actually had to leave my room unlocked to find someone to fix it (room service wouldn't answer).
Every time I used the valet it took 20-30 minutes to get the car. I think the one valet was stoned because he kept going back and forth forgetting keys and who had called. Had to watch his boss tune him up. A bit depressing.
My biggest issue was the room itself. Extremely small if you get a single King on the upper floors. Spend the extra dollar and get the Suite. I could barely spread out the Ironing board.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John T
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

John T,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor for us and providing us with some excellent feedback. I apologize about our business center not offering any of the cords that you needed but I will get with our manangement team and discuss providing these in the future. Please come and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Renaissance hits it out of the park with this new property! The "classic bank" motif adds a very cool theme to the already cool lobby and very hip bar area. Although I completely screwed up my reservation and reqeusted the wrong room type and number of days, Emma (at the front desk) and Tyler (Guest Services Supervisor) went way above and beyond to fix the problems that I created and made it a great stay for everyone in my family. I've stayed in several of the Marriott properties in Denver (including the Ritz and J.W.), and this one is definiitely my new favorite! The weekend I was here, the Club Lounge was even open on a Saturday morning for Breakfast and coffee - VERY nice touch! Thanks again to Emma and Tyler! You saved the stay!

Room Tip: It is in the heart of downtown, so the higher you get may be better. However, the rooms are already...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

jeff_c130,
It's great to hear that Tyler and Emma were able to take such great care of you during your stay! I will make sure to share your comments with them and we look forward to having you visit us again real soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I can't say enough how wonderful this hotel is. From the valet to the check in desk, every employee is awesome. The rooms are well designed and each one is unique. The beds are very comfortable and bathrooms spacious and have great lighting. The club room has tasty snacks and breakfast and very helpful staff. This isn't just a hotel, its a destination in itself. Come here to just check out the spacious lobby that was once a bank. There is a lobby bar and plenty of seating areas to relax in. This is my favorite luxury hotel in downtown Denver now.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dansocal,
Thank you for taking the time to post a 5 star review on TripAdvisor for us! We certainly appreciate the feedback and I will be sure to share your comments with our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was a little apprehensive about this hotel because it was so new. We travel frequently and stay at Renaissance Hotels when ever we can, and this one didn't disappoint.
They are obviously still working through some small issues but nothing that would deter me from going back or even recommending to a friend.

The Staff was top notch and met every and any request we had.
The restaurant and Bar were equally high quality.

Don't hesitate to stay here...you will be more than satisfied, especially if you spring for a suite!

Nailmark,
We appreciate you choosing to stay at Renaissance Hotels whenever they are available. We are striving to be one of the top Renaissance Hotels in the brand and reviews such as yours make it possible. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My first time here and it is awesome. The lobby is nothing short of spectacular, the staff very friendly and helpful, and the rooms immaculate. Also tried the restaurant and same thing, most excellent. It's also very convenient to downtown. Not sure what else to say, but next trip to Denver and i'll go here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

MacTexas,
Thank you so much for posting a 5 star review on TripAdvisor for us! I'm glad you had an incredible stay with us and I look forward to having you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a brand new hotel that was converted from an old bank. They did a terrific job on the renovations. The rooms are nice; what you would expect from a Renaissance Hotel. The staff is very professional and friendly. The concierge lounge is nice but should be open 24 hours. The location is great as it is very close to the 16th street mall free buses. One complaint...I ordered a single malt scotch at the bar. The cost would be $30-$35 anywhere in Denver. They charged me $60! Not acceptable! That being said I would stay there again.

WorldTraveler50226,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our B&F team and I hope you will come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I visited this hotel shortly after it opened for a fun weekend getaway. From the moment we checked in until we checked out, the staff was very nice and friendly and gave great suggestions of things to do, even though we had our weekend planned out. We didn't have too much interaction with the staff because nothing went wrong during our stay.

The room was nice and offered a great view of 17th Street. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was large. I really liked the radio, which had a bluetooth connection, so it was easy to play the music we already had with us.

The restored bank lobby was really nice and it was great to see this part of the building renovated after being abandoned for so many years - you can tell they really put a lot of work into it. The couches and chairs throughout the lobby offered a nice place to relax in between going to the room and heading out for activities.

Of course the location is hard to beat, in the center of downtown with lots of restaurants and things to do nearby.

All-in-all, I thought it was a terrific hotel and it had a great value for the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

RockIsland4325,
I'm glad that you and your wife chose to stay at our hotel during your weekend getaway! I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team and we hope to have you both visit us again real soon.