Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$122
  • Breakfast included
US$125
US$100
Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$196
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$175
Travelocity
US$197
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbank buildingcolorado national bankthe concierge loungestreet mallbeautiful hotellarge showerlobby baraveda productsbeautiful lobbyparking garagenice sizeunion stationsitting arearestaurants and shopsrooms are nicewould definitely stay here againchecking out
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Newly opened. It is in an old, completely updated and renovated bank building. Lobby is very impressive. Very high ceiling with murals on the walls and a decorative design on the ceiling. Lobby bar is great, lots of good food and lots of space to sit. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, from the front desk staff to the concierge to the valets. Rooms are brand new, spacious and very comfortable. I travel to Denver a lot on business and this is my "go to" hotel now.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Craig J,
I'm pleased to hear that you had such a great stay with us recently. I will make sure to share your great review with our whole staff. We will be looking forward to your next visit real soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I travel often on business to Denver and my preference is to stay at Marriott properties. I have stayed at several Denver down town ( walk to 16 st Mall)Marriott Town Properties : Brown Palace, Ritz, Courtyard, Residence inn.
The Renaissance used to be a Bank. It looks like a stylish old fashion European hoetl with pillars.
The Renaissance was by far the best property. The Hotel is brand new ( Brown palace dated), nice and active lobby ( Ritz no lobby and boring unless u sit in elways) , Great Concierge ( Non in Ritz or Palace). The Renaissance is right on 16 st Mall close to where the action is ( Ritz and Palace are two blocks away). Lobby and bar were busy and fun.
The view from room was not the best , facing an office building ( In Ritz I had Coors field view).
This is now the hotel of choice in Denver

Room Tip: I used lobby wifi from room worked fine. Stayed in room 212 view wasn't the best. I park in parking lot on 17 and Curtis ( 15 day, 5 night) to avoid Valle parking
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Galedd,
Thank you for posting a fabulous review about our hotel for us! We are striving to be the top hotel in Denver and reviews like yours will help us make it happen. I hope that we can become your 'new home away from home" and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

After reading the reviews, we thought it would be worthwhile to pay the premium price for the new hotel in the city center. This is an okay hotel, but nothing special. If no one told us it was a new hotel, we would not have known. When we called ahead of our check in, we were put on hold 5 different times before we could speak with anyone. The valet parking situation is great, plenty of room in the downtown area, and the gentlemen were very professional. It took a while to check in and it was obvious the hotel was understaffed. The room was big, beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was roomy as well. The shower plumbing had some issues, but it seemed to work. The room was clean, but very loud from the traffic outside. We did not experience a good night sleep due to the noise of the room. The concierge lounge is located on 2nd floor and overlooks the lobby. They served weekend breakfast and stocked the lounge with bottled water and soft drinks. The breakfast was very good with fruits, sausage, pastries, eggs and juice. The lounge was not in the typical top floor as most Marriott properties, however since it is an old bank building, maybe 2nd floor was the only place it could fit.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to get away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vacationer9898
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Vacationer9898,
We appreciate you choosing to post a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I apologize about the level of noise you heard while staying with us and next time we will make sure to place you on a higher floor. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Love this hotel...it's renovated old bank, with the vaults, spectacular original lobby ceiling and building pillars still intact. Two of the bank vaults are meeting rooms, and the lobby is breath taking. Rooms are new and perfect (the most plugs and usb charge ports I've ever seen in a hotel room). They did this place right. Fun building, proud helpful staff, and the food is outstanding in the restaurant. The food is fresh and different (different great) and you can walk anywhere in Denver. loved this place...

OCTodd,
Thank you for choosing to post a 5 star review for our hotel! We are very proud to be a part of such an amazing team and property. I hope you will come visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

It was a nice hotel and very business friendly, but the Renaissance's I'm used to are better than this. As usual the staff was great, but there were some issues.

Pros:
Nice hotel, great spot downtown.
Friendly/helpful staff.

Cons:
Conference rooms were tiny. Extremely tiny. We booked a conference room for 20+ people and the room that was supposed to fit this was extremely cramped.
All the huddle rooms in the business center were cordless. Ports for HDMI, VGA, etc. but 0 hookups. I know I should have brought my own, but when I asked the receptionist she had never heard of "VBA" cords but she would add it to the list of possible business needs. I have stayed at Renaissance's that had cord pouches in every room (HDMI, VGA, Stereo/Aux, RCA, DVI) and a 5 star downtown hotel doesn't have a monitor plug for their own TVs/Projectors in a business center?
Multiple colleagues had issues with the doors not locking. I actually had to leave my room unlocked to find someone to fix it (room service wouldn't answer).
Every time I used the valet it took 20-30 minutes to get the car. I think the one valet was stoned because he kept going back and forth forgetting keys and who had called. Had to watch his boss tune him up. A bit depressing.
My biggest issue was the room itself. Extremely small if you get a single King on the upper floors. Spend the extra dollar and get the Suite. I could barely spread out the Ironing board.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John T
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

John T,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor for us and providing us with some excellent feedback. I apologize about our business center not offering any of the cords that you needed but I will get with our manangement team and discuss providing these in the future. Please come and visit us again soon!