“Beautiful hotel in a great location. Great staff and comfortable rooms.”

Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel
Ranked #13 of 157 Hotels in Denver
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Beautiful hotel in a great location. Great staff and comfortable rooms.”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I recently completed a multi-night stay at the fairly new Renaissance Denver Downtown housed in the old Colorado National Bank building. I think they need a fantastic job with this remodel of keeping many of the old details from the original bank. One of my favorites was the use of the old bank vault as a meeting room. Very cool!
My check-in went quick and easy. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I made my way to my room on the 8th floor and found my room to be very large, bright, and comfortable. The room is laid out well for both getting work done and relaxation. There are plenty of power outlets (including USB chargers) where they need to be, and the WiFi was super fast.
I used the hotel health club and found it to be small, but very well equipped with modern machines and even some weird pilates contraption.
I did not eat in the hotel but used the Executive Lounge for breakfast and for dinner one night. The staff was great and even helped me get a beer from the lounge.
All in all this was a great stay in a great location. One block away is the 16th Street mall and its free RTD bus, which is great. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChewInRI
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Rusttribe,
We appreciate you posting such a great review on TripAdvisor for us! Our hotel is certainly very unique and we are so lucky to be a part of this experience. Please make sure to come see us more often!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel especially the lobby! Julia at the front desk was very helpful with all of our requests. Wade, our bellman, was great, too. The location was very convenient and close to the 16th Street Mall. It was so easy to get back and forth to Coors Stadium using the free shuttle. We highly recommend this hotel. Thanks!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth K
Betsybear0812,
Thank you for posting such great comments about our team and hotel! I will make sure to share your comments with Julia and Wade. We hope to see you again soon!
Kansas City
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for a girls' weekend. We were impressed by the modern, elegant decor. The lobby and bar are beautiful. The rooms were good size with nice clean bathrooms. The only issue I had was neither of my keys worked when I got to the room, so I had to go down to the front and change rooms due to a lock problem with the door. After getting new keys to a different room everything was fine. I ordered room service for breakfast which arrived on time and was good. The valet guys were very nice and helpful. Overall a great stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Careswell,
I'm glad that you chose our hotel to be a part of your girls' weekend! We appreciate the 5 star review you shared on TripAdvisor and hope you will visit us again soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed at your hotel this past week and have nothing but wonderful things to say about your staff. From the moment I checked in with Chanel I felt right at home, she has such a bubbly personality and her check-in experience is superb!! Also, I would like to thank Marcea at the front desk for scheduling my super shuttle to the airport. She made this process so easy and stress free. And lastly, your bartender TJ is fabulous, probably one of the best bartenders I have ever had!!! Even though I am a Marriott employee I am sure all of your guests receive the same stellar service. Congratulations to the future success of your new hotel! You all rock!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Brandy M
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Brandy M,
Thank you for posting such a great review about our hotel and our staff! Chanel, Marcea and TJ all are key members of our team and do a great job. We all look forward to having you visit us again real soon.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Built in the former Colorado National Bank building, the Renaissance Denver Downtown is a great property. Staff was EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. This was our first trip to Denver and we did a lot of exploring. The valets were great with advice and directions (shout out to Cade!) At check-in we were warmly welcomed and had a great conversation about the building. I recommend you stay on the Club floor and be treated like a king & queen. We will return to Denver and the Renaissance will be our first choice of hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill G,
I'm glad that you had a great experience at our hotel recently! We are very lucky to have such a tremendous staff. We look forward to having you visit us again soon!
Holmdel, NJ
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The staff is fantastic, friendly, and professional, and that's been consitent across multiple stays. For example, Marcea at the front desk went above and beyond to welcome me and then fulfill a request for bottled water. I arrived just after the club lounge closed but she tried to contact the hostess to meet me up there. When she didn't reach her, Marcea got 2 bottles for me and met me at the elevator on the second floor. That's outstanding customer service. Additionally, the common areas of the hotel are simply beautiful and the rooms very comfortable. This hotel has become my new favorite hotel when traveling to Denver, and I've been recommending this hotel to all of my colleagues.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
europeandreamerT,
Thank you for taking the time to post a 5 star review on TripAdvisor for us! Marcea is a great member of our team, and we are extremely lucky to have her! I will be sure to share your review with her and the rest of our team. Hope to see you again soon!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Newly opened. It is in an old, completely updated and renovated bank building. Lobby is very impressive. Very high ceiling with murals on the walls and a decorative design on the ceiling. Lobby bar is great, lots of good food and lots of space to sit. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, from the front desk staff to the concierge to the valets. Rooms are brand new, spacious and very comfortable. I travel to Denver a lot on business and this is my "go to" hotel now.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Craig J,
I'm pleased to hear that you had such a great stay with us recently. I will make sure to share your great review with our whole staff. We will be looking forward to your next visit real soon!