“Great for business travel”

Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel
Ranked #12 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Indianapolis
“Great for business travel”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed here on a business trip to downtown Denver. In yesteryear, this was a national bank. The architecture in the lobby is one of a kind beautiful. The staff is great to work with. Everybody greets you, with a smile, as you pass. Rooms are cleaner than most. If you utilize the light rail and free bus on 16th street, you can get to anywhere in the downtown without walking more than a block. Literally dozens of restaurants and shops within a 2 minute walk. If you are planning a trip to the 16th Street mall, this would be a great place to stay as well. My only complaint would be that there isn't a soda machine in the hotel. They do, however, sell a small variety in the sundries shop for 3$ per bottle.

1 Thank CycloneIndy
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
CycloneIndy,
I'm glad you chose to stay at our hotel recently for a business trip. Our hotel is very unique and caters to all kinds of traveling needs. It's great to hear that you were greeted with a smile by all of our staff you encountered! We hope to have you visit us again real soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Oak Creek, Colorado
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hello. The tv in our room was showing ABC on both the ABC and the NBC channels. My husband called the front desk and was told that engineering would be right up. Within less than 10 minutes Lamont came up to our room. He had already fixed the problem prior to coming to our room and had just come to show us that the problem was now fixed. He was very nice and very professional.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Melissa U,
Thank you for posting a great review about our hotel as well as Lamont! We are very lucky to have such a wonderful team here. I'm glad he was able to resolve your issue quickly and we hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I hesitated booking this hotel at first because the reviews at the time were mixed. Boy, am I glad I made that reservation. The pictures online don't do it justice. If you are lucky enough to be an elite ember you will have access to the best concierge lounge I've been in (and I've been in a few). The staff is some of the friendliest and mist helpful I've come across. The food in both the concierge lounge and restaurant is excellent. This hotel will be my first choice when I come back to Denver.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank phrogphile
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Phrogphile,
I'm glad that you chose to stay with us on your recent visit to the Denver area! Our Club Lounge is truly unique and definitely a site to see. I look forward to your next visit with us!
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Marriott Renaissance recently. The hotel lobby is incredibly beautiful and unique. It's worth a walk through even if you can't stay at the hotel. Our room was wonderful..... clean,comfortable and quiet. The stay at the hotel were polite and professional. I know we will be staying here again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Vince Z,
Thank you for posting a 5 Star Review on TripAdvisor for us! I'm glad that you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to having you visit more often!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is brand new and is worth every penny. That is - if you don't get one of the rooms facing a wall like we did the first two nights! Beautiful modern decor, amazing helpful staff, easy access to everything, what else can I say??? They have AVEDA products in bathrooms, great robes, and lobby is cozy and inviting.

Room Tip: Request facing the street otherwise you will face a wall.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gwen M
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Gwen M,
Thank you for providing us with an excellent review about your recent stay with us. We always value our guests' feedback and we hope you will come visit us again soon!
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I recently completed a multi-night stay at the fairly new Renaissance Denver Downtown housed in the old Colorado National Bank building. I think they need a fantastic job with this remodel of keeping many of the old details from the original bank. One of my favorites was the use of the old bank vault as a meeting room. Very cool!
My check-in went quick and easy. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I made my way to my room on the 8th floor and found my room to be very large, bright, and comfortable. The room is laid out well for both getting work done and relaxation. There are plenty of power outlets (including USB chargers) where they need to be, and the WiFi was super fast.
I used the hotel health club and found it to be small, but very well equipped with modern machines and even some weird pilates contraption.
I did not eat in the hotel but used the Executive Lounge for breakfast and for dinner one night. The staff was great and even helped me get a beer from the lounge.
All in all this was a great stay in a great location. One block away is the 16th Street mall and its free RTD bus, which is great. I look forward to staying here again.

1 Thank ChewInRI
Rusttribe,
We appreciate you posting such a great review on TripAdvisor for us! Our hotel is certainly very unique and we are so lucky to be a part of this experience. Please make sure to come see us more often!
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel especially the lobby! Julia at the front desk was very helpful with all of our requests. Wade, our bellman, was great, too. The location was very convenient and close to the 16th Street Mall. It was so easy to get back and forth to Coors Stadium using the free shuttle. We highly recommend this hotel. Thanks!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth K
Betsybear0812,
Thank you for posting such great comments about our team and hotel! I will make sure to share your comments with Julia and Wade. We hope to see you again soon!