“Same thing every time I go and always somehow get kicked out.”
Review of The Grizzly Rose

The Grizzly Rose
Ranked #6 of 167 Nightlife in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted country club of the year by the Country Music Association, The Grizzly Rose is famous for presenting the most prestigious names in country music including; Garth Brooks, Chris Ledoux, Brooks & Dunn, Willie Nelson, Faith Hill, Taylor Swift, Chris Cagle, Waylon Jennings, Toby Keith and countless others. Since 1989, no other concert venue in Denver lets you enjoy watching artists from just an arm’s length away -- with live country bands six nights a week! We are truly one of the last great honky tonks in the world, and we’re known worldwide for bringing in some of the best country acts. We’re more than just country, though -- we feature concerts from all genres of music. We’re the perfect place to get up close and personal with the bands you love. Our 40,000 square feet of fun features a 2,500 square-foot floating hardwood dance floor, a 3,200 square foot private banquet facility, General Store, Arcade Room, Pool Room, Shoe Shine Shop, Smoke Shop with lounge and a 2,000 square foot dance room. Come experience your favorite band at one of the top clubs in the country!
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I have been to the grizzly rose many times because before you're 21 it is actually a place that will let you in. But, on top of all that if you're underage all they want us that cover charge and then they will find anyway to kick you out. Their door guys won't listen to you and don't understand accidents happen. I'd say the past 5+ times I've been, both my friend and I have been kicked out. I have many friends who are constantly being kicked out as well. It's usually within 5 to 10 minutes after getting in and paying the $5 to $10 cover. Aka they just want to take your money for no reason because I have never been told no I can't come in a the door. Then they hold the people they kick out at the door until they have a ride which is technically kick napping. I work for a bar, we had this same probably and you cannot legally hold people against their will like that under any circumstance.

Grizzly rose needs to rethink the way they run their place because honestly I'm done "attempting" to attend. I'm over trying to talk to their door guys who don't listen. I'll take my $5 to $10 cover else where and my business else where

1  Thank Heathaduhdur

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Of all the honky tonks I have been to in my life, the Grizzly Rose was the best in some regards: it was the largest, the loudest, and the best set up for concerts. In addition, the line-dancing was different here than in the South. There were sometimes 4 and 5 line dances going on at the same time, in different sections of the floor, all coming together seamlessly. Practice makes perfect.

If you're not into line dancing, there are plenty of other attractions, like bar food, Big Buck Hunter, skee ball, mechanical bulls (dueling!), and a smoking room.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was not expecting this fun atmosphere when I decided to try this bar. The music was fun and upbeat. The drinks were good. I was a little upset at how long I had to wait for a drink but the place was kind of crowded so that was a little understandable. They could use better parking as well but other than that I had a lot of fun!

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

First ...I like country music....not love it! but like certain songs.
This is a great welcoming place to kick back have a drink or app with friends and you will hear them. Everyone is willing to help you learn to dance "the country way". Good group of respectful people. If you really think you got the country thing down the m. Bull will make you laugh and challenge you. Don't be shy. Everyone tries it. A great place to enjoy the people you are with there is no shortage of laughter and good conversation ...
A must try...

1  Thank rifamily3
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Lots of fun. Need to address the crowd control issue somewhat. Great show and definitely worth the trip. Parking is a little hairy, but a non-issue in the end.