“Their dinner menu is small but mighty”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sugarmill

Sugarmill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sugarmill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 69 Dessert in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NJ
“Their dinner menu is small but mighty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

From start to finish, this is one of the best meals I've ever eaten, made even sweeter by the fact that is was insanely affordable. While road tripping cross country, I was drawn here by the overwhelmingly positive Yelp reviews, and Sugarmill lived up to that hype.

When you first enter, it's easy to mistake this for a dessert-only place. When we got there at around 9pm, most people were having dessert and after-dinner drinks, but we sat out on the porch and took a peek at the dinner menu. Let me start by saying our server was incredible. I don't remember her name (short hair? big smile?), but she was knowledgable and friendly. She carried herself like a server at a Michelin-starred restaurant and provided that same level of service, too.

To eat, we shared three items: the burrata toast, the little house salad, and the beef Wellington. The burrata was creamy, and the bread had a nice balance of olive oil, arugula, and pine nuts. The salad was perfectly dressed, and the dates paired nicely with the pistachios. But the real star of the meal was the beef. I'm a HUGE fan of filet in all forms, but this was some seriously next-level stuff. It was individually wrapped in a perfectly flaky pastry and cooked to precisely medium rare. Make no mistake, this is a seriously difficult dish to do well, but Sugarmill knocks it out of the park. I'm still having fevered food dreams about this insanely perfect Wellington.

For dessert, we had to go with the Noahsphere, since the reviews raved about it -- and rightly so. It's definitely one of my top three desserts of all time for me. The tableside presentation is dramatic, with the warm caramel sauce poured over the chocolate globe, revealing the gooey goodness inside: flourless cake, marshmallows, and ridiculous candied nuts. The mascarpone cream on the outside gives a perfect amount of richness to cut through the sweetness. I could honestly eat this dessert every single day of my life and never get tired of it.

So that was our epic meal. I'm seriously looking for any reason to return to Denver just so I can do it all over again.

Hoboken, New Jersey
“Fantastic Desserts, but come for the Dinner too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I went here with my friend and walked into an amazing smell and an open air kitchen. The dinner menu provided some interesting and affordable entrees including the Chimmichurri Mixed Grill....yum. Delicious dinner, but save room for dessert. I had the Chocolate and Peanut Butter Creme Brulee, which was probably the best dessert I've ever had. So rich and decadent... simply amazing. My friend had the Noahsphere, which is an original creation here. Described as "hollow chocolate shell filled with candied walnuts / flourless chocolate cake / marshmallows and vanilla mascarpone cream with hot caramel poured tableside". A description too good to turn down. I highly recommend the Chocolate and PB Creme Brulee and the Noahsphere as a close 2nd! The chefs make everything in front of you and talk the entire time making a unique dining experience!!!

Canon City, Colorado
“Best mocha iv ever had!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great service and the very best coffee i have ever had in my life!!! great food to and loved the feel of the place!

Denver
“Must visit this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have been there twice and both times we decided to sit at the bar. I like watching how detailed is the food preparation. Noah is the main chef and he is very friendly and makes you feel at home. I have not had any items from the dinner menu, but they have many different awesome desserts.

• Visited April 2014
Denver, CO
“The Desserts are Also Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Sugarmill is a great new restaurant in the North Denver area (also called River North or RiNo) that features out of this world desserts. But don't let the name fool you, my wife and I discovered that it's much more than just a dessert destination - their dinner selections are fantastic! Sugarmill occupies a fairly small space but they have a few options for larger parties and a great "bar" overlooking the kitchen. All of the staff were very friendly and attentive. We had a fun time sitting at the bar talking with chef Noah French as he put together the most amazing desserts. For dinner, my wife and I shared two dishes, the Beef Wellington and the special of the day, blackened tilapia on fresh made pasta. Both dishes had excellent flavor and the pasta was superb.

Of course we had to have dessert as well. Many options to choose from but sitting at the bar watching the desserts being made definitely gave us a leg up in the decision making process. I had the "Citrus" and my wife had the "Chocolate Hazelnut". Both were good, my wife's was better. Next time (and there will no doubt be a next time), we're both going for the "Noah Sphere", a hollow chocolate sphere (about the size of a tennis ball) filled with all sorts of goodness.

By the way, they had the breakfast menu up on the chalk board and it looked fantastic as well.

• Visited March 2014