“A "soupcon" of a wide variety of fish”

Cook's Fresh Market
Ranked #463 of 3,256 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Quality deli, corner market & full-service caterer in Downtown Denver offering fresh prepared foods, gourmet goodies, house baked pastries, bread & more!
Reviewed 31 July 2013

When you get the urge for fresh fish to bring home to your apartment, house, etc., stop by Cook's for all your "maritime" needs. I prefer their fish to anything the local markets sell with perhaps the exception of Whole Foods, which tends to be expensive. However, you can never go wrong with the fish selection, price and cordiality employed by the store's employees (as well as advice).

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Definitely not a place for tourists. I was in town for a convention. The routine for ordering and getting your meal is confusing, especially if you haven't been there before. However, I liked the food and staff at dinner and came back for breakfast. I was practically the first one in the place. I ordered just a scone and oatmeal. The officious character behind the counter told me that he'd call my name (LOL), but then took 20 minutes before he picked up a container to spoon in the oatmeal from the steam tray. No apology. No explanation. It was more important that he train a new employee. However that didn't stop him from serving the regulars who came in after me and were served first.

1  Thank VinHill
Katy P, Director of Sales at Cook's Fresh Market, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Cook’s Fresh Market. We really value feedback from our customers, and we are so sorry to hear about the long wait for your oatmeal—it’s never fun to wait for breakfast! Please understand that the level of service you experienced is far below our normal standards. We have spoken with the employee in question and taken steps to improve the efficiency of our breakfast service. In the meantime, if you have the opportunity to visit Cook’s Fresh Market again, please don’t hesitate to ask for one of our managers. We would love the chance to speak with you in person. Thank you again for your time, and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

This deli/cafe is terrific. We went in just to see what they sold, and ended up having lunch there. Excellent soup and sandwich. We also bought some Scottish oatcakes. The food isnfresh and delicious - a great place to have a good cheap lunch or buy some to take back to your hotel or apartment.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Lunch was inexpensive and delicious. The sandwich was thick and kind of messy. I thought the drink selection was minimum and well overpriced but where else can you get a fresh made sandwich at food truck prices? The staff was friendly as well and we sat outside, which was nice.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

right in downtown, place is friendly. We had chicken sandwich which was fresh with veggie soup, beer was on sale at $2.50( I ain't complaining), you can buy freshly baked cookies, muffins, little grocery store on the side.

People are friendly, nice, quick cheap easy lunch place to go.