“Convienient”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #26 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This smaller hotel complex has an excellent location for convention center activities; is close to the opera house; close to local rail transportation and mall activities. Conveniently located across the street from the Hyatt Regency

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Louis B, Asst. General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you found our hotel a convenient location for your stay in downtown Denver. We hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Nice stay. Friendly staff. Great location. But free wifi is extremely slooooowwwwwwwww!
Pay the $4.95 and get wifi that works. Hard to do business when you nap waiting for downloads! Do not miss breakfast lunch changeover at 10:30. Had to walk down the street to eat!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate you reviewing our hotel! I apologize for the issues you experienced with our wireless internet during your stay. It sounds like our staff made you feel very comfortable though. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Denver.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Another classic excellent HGI experience. From the second you drive in (if you drive there, that is) and work with the super valet folks, to the front desk staff, they really know how to find the best people at Hilton Garden Inns. There are three elevators which is nice for quick trips to and from your room (unfortunately, there isn't a stairway to use so you have to take an elevator). The workout room in the basement and pool and spa are super, super nice! With a full bank of weight machines and cardio machines and free weights; wow. And, the pool and hot tub are very nice and I never saw anyone else down there!

My room was HGI nice; quiet, clean, everything worked perfectly, etc. The bathroom was excellent as well, although the tub was super slippery; there really should be a grab bar on the end of the tub to get in and out easier. Other than that, it was great. The internet was lightning fast and didn't cut out like some hotels do (like the one I'm currently in!), there was a small refrigerator and microwave and coffee maker and everything you'd expect in a modern hotel room. It's literally steps from the Colorado Convention Center where I was headed for a few days, so that was nice. The parking was $31 a day; not bad for an inner-city hotel and you don't really need a car for downtown Denver with the great light rail service and busses. My bed was far too soft for me, unfortunately. I didn't sleep as well as I hoped to, I sunk into it like a hammock. Every time I got into it (I was there three nights) I heard this sound like a fan running or air shooting out of something, until I finally realized that it was the bed! It made a sound like it was deflating and I kept sinking and sinking.. I prefer a firmer bed, but maybe they had such a thing if I would have asked about it.

The breakfast was in the hotel's restaurant in the lobby, Pi. It was good, but not the best that I've had. I was hoping for a bit higher quality food there; but convenience won out for me. There is a GREAT Russian coffee shop also there called Daz Bog. Great coffee.

I would definitely stay at this location again, it's close to downtown and everything worked for me.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are very pleased to hear your comments regarding our outstanding staff! We take pride in our employees and appreciate your feedback. It sounds like you were also able to enjoy all of our wonderful amenities as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Overall, my stay was excellent. Room was clean, staff was helpful and friendly. Food at the restaurant was good and the bar had a good happy hour. Everyone seemed happy and I encountered no issues. I booked and park and play package and received a great rate for valet. I recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that you found all of our staff to be very friendly, and that you enjoyed your experience in the restaurant. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to Denver.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

This property is fairly new to Denver and is conveniently located close to the convention center. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for work or pleasure.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you found the staff to be very friendly and that you enjoyed our convenient location. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is a hotel located right in the downtown area amidst all of the other chains. It is convenient to the 16th street pedestrian shopping area. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel staff, especially the desk folks are helpful and congenial. The wait staff in the restaurant were also friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Take the oopurtunity to walk to the pedestrian zone a few blocks away.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for your stay as well as the great comments about the staff. I will make sure to share your comments with the team!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Every staff member that I encountered provided excellent service. I would stay here each visit to Denver. The food was good quality, the service attentive and personable. Traveling for the first time to Denver on Business, I had numerous questions and each was met with gracious hospitality and timely responses.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for choosing us for your first trip to Denver! I'm glad the staff was able to make your stay so special and we hope to welcome you back soon!