“Good location, beware of parking!”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #24 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Gunnison, Colorado
“Good location, beware of parking!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Great location and nice hotel. One of the most affordable, good hotels downtown. In great condition and has a wonderful location just a block and a half from 16th St. The one downside to this place is that your only option for parking is to valet and they charge $31. A little steep considering the hotel. First valet guy wasn't the friendliest about it, felt a bit ripped off.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lavirden
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for the review! I appreciate the kind words about the hotel and I apologize the parking was more than you were anticipating. We do regularly shop our competition to make sure we are on the lower end of the downtown parking rates so that we offer a better value than anyone else for our guests. We hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My husband and I came down town from the Suburbs for a romantic evening for our anniversary and were so impressed with the staff and management at Hilton Garden Inn. On the way to our room a member of the staff was on the same elevator and was very personable- After realizing it was our anniversary she inquired what room we were in. When we arrived home the hotel had left a personalized card with a bottle of wine and a plate of desserts. It was such a treat. Everyone from management to the valet were wonderful! Will definitely be returning!!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Rikes2009
I appreciate your stay with us as well as the fantastic review! I am very proud of the staff for going above and beyond for your stay and we will make sure they are rewarded for making your stay so special. We hope to see you back soon!
Western Colorado
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We have stayed at a lot of places in Downtown Denver and I love the Hilton Garden Inn. The location is great - 2 blocks from the 16th Street Mall - and it was easy to get to. Parking was $31 for valet, which is well worth the price for me, having a 2 year old to get in and out of the car. The room was spacious and clean. I will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate your stay with us as well as the great review! We hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel the next time your travel brings you to Denver.
Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This hotel is located very close to the convention center which is convenient if you are there for a trade show or exhibition. Overall the hotel is nice and clean. My only complaint is the noise from the neighboring building starts very early in the morning and will make it difficult to sleep. The fitness center is small, not much to offer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your stay in Denver! I appreciate your review and we hope to see you back soon!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2013

What would have been a lovely stay at the HGI Denver was sullied by a lot of small things that irritated us during our stay.

Firstly, housekeeping was abysmal. We kept the room reasonably tidy, so it's not like they were busy with other things. I left the room by 8 a.m. every day and returned for 2-3 p.m. and the rooms weren't made up. Two times, we left towels in the bathtub and they weren't taken. We always hung up our bath towels for re-use (per the card left bedside) but they were taken and replaced when housekeeping did bother to replace towels. And while trying to contact Housekeeping to retrieve a left behind item was painful. I realized that I had left an item behind at 5:15 p.m. and called the front desk. The front desk was reluctant to help but I stated that I was flying out the early the next day (I had checked out to stay at an airport hotel) and that I really wanted to retrieve the item on my way through Denver again in the evening. The front desk went looking for the lost item log and my item was not logged on there. Wait four days and housekeeping finally returns my call and, yes, my item was definitely there.

Every night we had our sleep interrupted by fire trucks with sirens going at around 4 a.m. The fire station is on Colfax and they regularly went along Welton Street (which the hotel is on) with sirens blaring. Although the hotel can't change that, perhaps ask for a room that doesn't face Welton.

Valet was friendly, although it always seemed short staffed during the morning peak periods of 8 to noon. The front desk was courteous but also always seemed understaffed during peak periods. The buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant (which was included in my stay due to being Hilton Honors Diamond) was excellent --food was fresh, even towards the end of the breakfast service.

I chose to stay here instead of my conference venue of the Sheraton, both due to my Hilton Honors status and because the Sheraton had mixed reviews. If I had to do it all again, I'd try another hotel. It's a shame, since I will find myself in Denver for business again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
I appreciate your stay with us as well as the detailed feedback from your stay. It looks like we had some great successes as well as some service failures during your stay. We will reward what was done well and take the steps to correct the issues you encountered during your stay. Please reach out to me directly when your travel schedule brings you back to Denver. I would like the opportunity to speak with you about giving us another chance!
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My business associate and I had to stay for a business show being held at the Convention Center.
What a great experience. Kudos to the Staff. From the time of our arrival to our departure the entire staff was just amazing. So friendly and helpful. Being from out of town we asked a lot of questions and directions and they were always eager to help with a smile.
When we checked in our reservation had somehow gotten cancelled. The young man helping us assured us it was not a problem and took care of it right away. He was so pleasant and made the Check in experience very quick and smooth even though the reservation had been cancelled.
Congratulations on an amazing team throughout the hotel. You don't always get that personal experience in a larger city property.
Please share the Kudos with your staff. We will recommend to others.
Thank you again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in Denver! I will make sure to share your kind words with the team here and we hope to see you back soon!
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My girlfriends and I were in town for a Red Rock Concert and we stayed 4 nights in Downtown so we could go out for some drinks on 16th St. It was awesome. We liked the Hotel and the location but the lobby at this Hotel is out of control, anytime we would go down to the lobby or outside in front of the hotel benches you would get hit up for a ride by the limo drivers hanging around in the valet area. One morning I had to wait in line while the drivers helped themselfs to complimentary Guest coffee? REALLY! they should not be in the lobby to close to the elevators and room access. It seemed to me that the valets and lobby were taking kick backs from the drivers and that is why they were hanging out there. Hilton should put a stop to this.

Room Tip: Not the best place to stay for single women or a group of girls. Unsecured Lobby
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gamecock19894
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as the feedback. I apologize that the cab and limo drivers were aggressively soliciting you and your friends during your stay. Our hotel only partners with certain divers to avoid these types of situations and we have a strict policy that none of the drivers we partner with can solicit rides or spend time in our lobby. We do our very best to keep random drivers on the street polite as well (and out of the hotel!) and I am sorry that we were not able to accomplish this during your stay. I will step up our efforts here at the hotel to make sure our future guests do not experience solicitation from these drivers.
Again, thank you for the feedback. I hope we have the opportunity to host you in the future!