“Easy Stroll to the Convention Center”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #22 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Tucson, Arizona
“Easy Stroll to the Convention Center”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Welcomed with a smile and promptly received my keys...the front desk let me know they also added my HHonors number to my folio for me. Nice way to start my stay in this spotless well appointed new property. The room was clean and not a thing out of place (even the towels were perfect)! Went down to the restaurant off the lobby for dinner. Hmmmm wish I could say they were as organized as the front desk but clearly there was an issue getting the food out of the kitchen. We were promptly greeted and seated and I will say the food was delicious. My travel partners that ordered room service said their food was great and the service was fast (about 15 minutes) so not sure what the glitch was. Went to my conference the next day and the bell staff stored my bags for me. When I picked them up at the end of the day it took them only 1 minute to grab and return! Talk about quick! We grabbed a cab which was right out front and dashed to the airport to catch an evening flight. Need I say more...I will return to this property...

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice views
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Brian C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
We here at the Hilton Garden Inn would like to thank you for your most recent stay as well as the kind review. I will pass along your remarks to our team and hope to see you soon when back in Denver.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Gunnison, Colorado
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Worst hilton Branch I've ever stayed in. When I spend that much money on a hotel I expect my money's worth. I've stayed in 60 dollar hotels with better service. I felt like I was being extremely judged by the employees by mine and my boyfriends off-beat appearance. Definitely staying at the Hyatt across the street next time.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Alimanny
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us as well as your feedback. We aim to be the best hotel in Denver and I apologize that this was not the impression you got by staying at our property. We pride ourselves that team here is very diverse and unique so I personally apologize that you felt like there was any judgement based on your appearance. I do hope you give us another opportunity in the future and I would ask you contact me directly the next time your travels bring you to Denver!
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great Location with plenty to do in the area. The room was Very good. we had a problem with the phone that was fixed quickly. The bar and Restaurant was good with so much around the area they have to be. All staff were Friendly and Helpful. We would stay again and stay at other HGI in future

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian B
Brian C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Brian,
I wanted to thank you for your most recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff. Please let us know if your travels bring you back to Denver as we would love to have you stay with us again.
Denver, United States
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I only stayed one night at this location but it was a very nice place. The location is great, right down town near the convention center and convenient to the 16th street mall. The breakfast buffet in the morning was larger than I expected with great options for all diets. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Raymond B
Brian C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Raymond,
Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as your great review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The staff at Hilton Garden were so warm and welcoming the moment we drove up. They were eager to help in any way they were able. New to that area, we received directions to some very nice, affordable, and delectable restaurants even late at night. They were conscious of those in my group and lead me to places that were just right for us. I was impressed with the whole experience. I would like to recommend the Hilton Garden Inn - Downtown Denver to anyone in the area. I was completely satisfied with all of it!

• Stayed February 2014
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It was OK overall. A few good things a few bad.

The location is great.
They let me check in several hours early which was much needed from being up at 3am for my flight and only have 4 hours of sleep.
The bar was great. Happy hour was great. The food was great (this I was actually surprised, happy hour and my dinner were fantastic).
It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. I used both.

The bed was AWFUL!!!! Huge dip in it. I had to sleep on top of 4 pillows lined up so my back and hips wouldn't ache really badly.

My room was never cleaned the next day. Someone finally showed up after 4:00pm once I had already called and told them 1) it wasn't clean and 2) not to bother since I was going to be in for a nap. 4:00 to clean a room? Not cool.

The pool and spa were WAY over chlorinated. I had to leave after 20 minutes because it was burning my eyes and my head never even went in the water.

Everyone was nice, except I was told the valet would grab a cab for me but he couldn't be bothered, made me walk to the cab stand down to block. Not a huge deal but I was off to a very important meeting.

Overall...it was just OK. The bed was the only HUGE issue. I should have asked to move rooms but I have a feeling all the beds are like that with the "pillow top".

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Katy,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I apologize this stay did not meet your expectations and I will personally look in to the items you mentioned so that our next guests do not have the same issues that you experienced during your stay. We aim to be the best hotel in Denver so I hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in the area!
Columbus, United States
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Had a 3 night stay at the Denver downtown Hilton Garden Inn. Nice hotel, good location, well run. Short walk to downtown restaurant, Larimor Street, & 16th. I would recommend this hotel because it is a very good value.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple