“One big complaint ”

Ranked #22 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Lombard, Illinois
“One big complaint ”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I was in town for something at the convention center. The hotel was nice enough and the location was good. The area around the hotel is very nice with things all within walking distance. Here is my problem. I forgot my glasses in the room. I called and they called back and had them. They took my credit card info to ship them back to me. Then they never came. I called 5 or 6 more times until I got someone that said they never had them. Seems to me like they did. If they lost them they should have just said that.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LostALot22
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your stay with us as well as the feedback. We make every effort to recover items that are left behind and I apologize we were not able to find your glasses. We will check one more time to make sure they are not here at the hotel and I will reach out to you again if we can find anything!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Baudette
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We are not city folk, so staying in a downtown hotel is far beyond our norm. However we wanted to go to a Rockies game and this was our choice. The rooms are modern and clean.The beds were good if you like memory foam, which we do not. Front desk staff were very accommodating. My only complaint was the valet only parking for $33 per night. I realize this is downtown. but there was no mention of the parking situation on the website. Overall a good stay and only a couple blocks from the action.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as the feedback! I hope you will come stay with us again in the future when your travel brings you to Denver!
Brighton, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Every time I passed the front desk, I was greeted with a salutation and a smile. The restaurant staff were attentive and accommodating. All of the staff were extremely knowledgeable. I was comfortable asking any staff any question and felt like I would get a quality response that gave me the information I needed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your stay with us as well as the great feedback about the staff. We take pride in being the friendliest hotel in Denver and I am glad this came across during your stay!
Philadelpiha, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Denver at least 2 times a month for business. Friendly staff, great service, and clean rooms. The hotel has a perfect location downtown. I never stay anywhere else when I am in Denver.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Drew, Thank you for the great review as well as your continued stays with us. We look forward to seeing you back soon!
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Paid for a Rocky Mountain View, and was not disappointed. ..
Front desk staff were very helpful....
The only black mark was trying to get some lunch at 3pm on a Sat from Pi restaurant and bar... There was only one member of staff working at the bar and restaurant. Unfortunately, he was elsewhere in the hotel when we wanted food.. After waiting about 10mins...when the member of staff did turn up....I felt like I was bothering him by asking him for food, and we decided to go elsewhere...

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as the review. I apologize the restaurant service was not prompt and we will look in to this right away. I hope to see you back soon!
Elkin, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Friendly and helpful staff, conveniently located. 2 blocks to 16th street mall. Nice, clean rooms, but bed was not as comfortable as I had hoped. In an area that I felt safe in. Could not say that about all areas of the city. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great review. We love our location here in the city and I am glad you did as well. We hope to see you back the next time you are in Denver!
Louisville, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very satisfied with the helpful and plesant staff. The room was ready when we arrived early. The accomadations were very good. Location was good for going to other places during our stay. Computer challenge was promptly solved by technical staff person. Staff also helped us with printing our air plane boording passes. Food was good in the Pi resturant (breakfast).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the review Michael. I appreciate the kind words about the staff here and I will make sure your comments are shared with them. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!