“Stay far far away!!!!!”

Super 8 Denver Midtown
Ranked #111 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

When you first get to this hotel it looks bad. When you try to check in there's nowhere to check in you have to walk to the ramada to check in for the knights inn. When we got to our room the door would not close all the way and had a gap where you could see outside. We called the front desk and asked if we could have a different room and they said no but they would send a maintence staff to look at the door. When the maintence staff arrived it consisted of 2 Mexican ladies one old one young the young one turned to us and said the doors fine "do you know how to close a door". Wow the air conditioner doesn't work the toilet leaked every time you flush the carpets looked like a crime scene no batteries in the remote but it did have masking tape on the back to hold in the imaginary batteries. Overall this place is a dump your better off staying at bates hotel and talking to Norman.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is probably one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in this price range. I paid about $65 during memorial weekend. I chose this motel for only one reason - the location. I'm an amateur photographer who travels to take night skyline of major US cities. This hotel sits right across the Denver skyline with great views in only in some rooms (front facing) but all or most of them are smoking. If you get out of the motel you can see the beautiful views of Denver skyline.
As far as the hotel is concerned, this is one of the worst. There is no office in the motel, you have to check in at Ramada next door and the staffs are totally incompetent and unfriendly. The person who checked me in doesn't even know how to do it. I have to wait for another person, who was busy assisting other customers, to come and help her.
Rooms are totally outdated and in despair. The parking is very tight, you may not even get parking if you come late. There is nothing available in walking distance so you have to take your car out. It doesn't feel safe and people who were staying here looked rough.
My room needed some maintenance but there is no one available to fix it. Not to mention the old and dirty bed.
No breakfast and no WiFi. Its a total rundown. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is hands down the absolute worst motel I have ever stayed at. My husband and I decided to stay there, because it was close to the stadium downtown. Now, I wish we had spent the extra $50 to stay somewhere decent. When we first arrived, they checked us into the wrong room. We had reserved a non-smoking king, and they checked us into a smoking room with two doubles. The first room smelt terrible, and there was some serious damage to the walls. We went back to the front desk, and they checked us into the correct room. This room also had some strange odors, and my husband sprayed some "smell good" stuff to try to improve the stench in the room. The first time we used the toilet, it backed up. Not to be crude or anything, but it was just urine. So, that was pretty ridiculous. We also noticed damage to the walls in that room as well, and the plastic lining that goes around the bottom of the walls was falling apart. Later on, we noticed cigarette burns in our sheets. I would honestly have to say the best part of that room was the water pressure in the shower. Other than that, it was a completely gross and unacceptable experience. Please don't waste your money here!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

United Airlines sent me and my 3 kids to this place at 2:00 AM due to a cancelled flight. While in the lobby (of the Ramada next door) we were greeted by drunks and other glossy-eyed people. We were told that we needed to go up the elevator and out the glass doors to get to our room that was outside in a very dark parking lot. The elevator was only paritally painted and the place smelled of smoke. The interior of the Ramada was in poor condition to say the least. Feeling unsafe, we immediately went back to the lobby and called a cab to return us to the airport.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Leslie L
A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The staff, and accommidations were addiquate. But after a two week stay, My cars got broken in and My truck and suv were robbed. The crackheads finally broke in. I left the next day.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 June 2012

A Wyndham listed property next door to Ramada Midtown in Denver, Colorado. This is not a two-star hotel. There is no business center or wireless internet or fitness center. The pool had trash both in it and on the sides. The property had not been mowed or landscaped in any way. I called and went to the front desk day to complain about the room conditions the first three days of my stay and did not get a response from anyone until I emailed Wyndham the second time. I moved three times during my four day stay. The first room had the stench of smoke and perfume. I had to go to the desk twice to complain the first night before I given another room. The television did not work in the second room and the photos of the electrical hazards are from the second room. My room was not cleaned up the second day of my stay. I called the desk for 1.5 hours the second night before someone answered my call. They suggested I move at 10:30pm, but I waited until the next morning. They started cleaning up this place before I left but the conditions are deplorable. I am supposed to receive a 50% discount on visit. That is hardly compensation for the time and frustration during this stay.
Knights Inn’s check-in is at Ramada Mid-Town. They make it sound like on the telephone that you get the same service. Distinctions are made when you get to the hotel. They promised me a ride from a downtown bus depot on the telephone, but when I got to downtown Denver the same person denied saying it when I called to have them pick me up.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

Traveling with a child and a dog on a budget is challenging but this place was more than I could handle. The smell. The red stains on the carpet. The hooker and her customer. Even though I was pre paid they let me cancel and have a refund or it would have been an even lower score. Do not bother with this place.

• Stayed: June 2012