“Call the police and the health dept” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Denver Midtown

Super 8 Denver Midtown
Ranked #102 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Denver, Colorado
“Call the police and the health dept”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

When we showed up it was hard to figure out where the office was. then the room they gave us had blood on the floor and the walls and the furniture. What the heck.!!!!! There were prostitutes in the parking lot people doing drugs in the parking lot. we went to the front desk and showed them the blood in our room and they only offered to switch us rooms which was just as bad. broken locks couldn't leave any of our things in the rooms there was caution tape on some of the rooms as well as the stair case by our room. I asked the desk if some one had been killed or if something had happened in our room and why the caution tape and they laughed. she told me that the tape was to prevent the kids from running around and didn't address my other question about where the blood could have come from. very very nasty place. if you have children or older parents then DO NOT BRING THEM HERE.. if you are the police or health dept. then please come and close this aweful aweful place down. a real hole in the wall.. At least the people at the front desk were nice but I could tell they could care less and didn't even want to be working there. around three in the morning a loud banging started as if people above us and on both sides of us began having sex and it would make those noises on and off the rest of the night there were no other options to save us from this hell hole due to a conference everything else was booked for days. I almost packed up that night around 4 in the morning to drive all the way to Colorado springs just to get a decent room that drive would have been over an hour away. this experience was the worst ever and it really made Denver look bad to me I was ready to head back to New mexico and never return to Denver based on my stay at the Regency Knights inn downtown Denver on Zuni. Stay away beware..!!! It was so bad I didn't even care that I walked away from a three night pre paid reservation they can keep the money. they need it for some major cleaning. I couldn't sleep the entire night I was so paranoid plus all the noise I felt like I was on something because I just couldn't get any sleep I couldn't even lay on top of the bed I waited until the sun came up gave them their keys and got far away from that place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank charles w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

My daughters and I were in town for the Kenny Chesney concert. The only reason we booked this hotel was because it was so close to Mile High. When we opened the door, the smell hit us like a punch in the face. There were cigarette burns in the bedspreads, no working smoke detector, a very nasty bathroom and huge holes in the gross carpeting and walls. We were horrified to see children swimming in the obviously unsanitary pool and adults grilling food nearby. After we returned from the concert an ambulance and police showed up 3 doors down from ours and hauled out a man on a stretcher. We slept in our clothes and kept one eye open. The next morning as we walked down the stairs there was feces at the bottom of the stairs. I travel a lot, and this was by far the worst hotel I have ever seen!! It should be condemned by the city!!!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nancy P

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels

Omaha
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in! There was water damage on the ceiling, the bathroom was disgusting, the TV had channels with sound and no picture, the door chain was missing, you could see light all around the door (good thing it wasn't winter!), the maintenance guys were young men who had no idea how to fix anything and were not dressed as maintenance personnel and we were afraid to let the kids swim in the pool because of the questionable people hanging out around it. My fiance got flirted with by what he assumed was a hooker (by the way she was dressed and her actions) as he walked past her going to the registration desk (which is in another hotel next door). There is no registration desk at Knights Inn (although there is a sign that says there is), you register at the Ramada next door as they are owned by the same person. We ordered pizza delivery for dinner since there are no restaurants within walking distance and when they asked for the hotel phone number I discovered the phone was from a Double Day Hotel and had the wrong phone number on it. The unit was so old you couldn't read the controls on the AC unit and it seemed it had only one speed and we couldn't change the temperature. The only saving grace of the whole experience was breakfast the next morning. We had to go to the Ramada for it but they offered scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, coffee and 3 different juices. You had to have a voucher in order to eat because of all the homeless and vagrants in the area that try to get free food but we were the only ones there and the food was good. They offered a free shuttle to the Amtrak so that was a huge plus for us. Next time I will spend the extra money for a different hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from this one!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jill P
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Arrived tired and ready to relax. Entered the room and was in utter shock and disbelief. It looked like a scene from an old murder/ horror film, minus the blood and guts. The room smelled horrible, walls and carpet were filthy, beds lumpy and bedspreads incredible dirty. Dripping 1970s bathroom sink and faucet, dirty tub and shower. Lamp shades torn up, holes in the walls and window wouldnt close much less lock. My kids were literally afraid to sit on the beds. This is by far the MOST disgusting place I have ever encountered and would not allow a flea infested animal to even spend the night much less minutes here. DO NOT CONSIDER THIS PLACE!!! I booked it because of the location, convenience to all down town attractions. The pictures on the website are TOTALLY deceiving! Save your time and money, book elsewhere. Traveling 20 to 30 minutes is well worth it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

As said above, we traveled for 4 weeks through the USA. We love camping, National parks (these campgrounds don't have showers, just so you know... We're not picky and can withstand some dirtyness).

After 3 weeks of sleeping in a tent we came to Denver and needed a hotel for the night. It was late, so we needed something fast.

This hotel lures you in by letting you check in with the Ramadan, just 10 meters away from this terrible place. The lobby looks nice, so you think, why the hell not! Well here's why:

Its faul, dirty and nasty. Stains everywhere, black stripes also everywhere. Burn holes in the sheets, Spiderman slept on the ceiling and left his webbing, plaster hanging loose, the ac was more dusty than our car after 2 weeks in the desert, the ac drain was loose and leaking onto the bathroom floor, the luggage rack was broken, the carpet looked like it was going to talk back at me if I made a wrong step on it and when we wanted to call the reception, the phone wasn't working.

Although the hotel itself can't do anything about its guests, there were some wide eyed creatures from the abyss standing in the door opening. This gave me us a very secure and welcome feeling...

In the end you're better off setting up your tent under a bridge, next to the other person here who suggests that sleeping there is better than in this place. We fled after one night, never to return again.

I've uploaded some picture to illustrate this story...

1 Thank Ivar P
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

My visit was in april so 6 flags wasnt open yet, but you could walk to it if it was open. the aquarium is also in walking distance. two gas stations for snacks ect... right next to hotel. the room was in disrepair but the price compared to neighboring hotels made up for it, everything worked just could use some updating. plus im not in denver to sit in my room. free hot breakfast daily was awesome. nice view of downtown. located right next to freeway
i did have a key card issue but it was my fault, the staff fixed card with no issue.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Durango, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

I chose this hotel for it's location, close to stadium, as we were in town for a football game. I should have read the Trip Advisor reviews first. This place was horrible......we arrived after dark, after getting key to room on secnd floor we had to walk up a dark stairwell to get to room, The door would not open, went back to front desk, they gave us another room, at back of hotel with all the long term tenants.....there was a broken toilet sitting on balcony, again, the door would not open, back to front desk. Front desk person had to call someone to come in to cover desk as she was alone, back to first room, well, as it turned out, you had to pull handle UP not push down to open door. Once in the room, oh boy were we shocked, not only was there a guy outside the door smoking MJ, there were boogers on the wall, the door by the knob was filthy, as was the wall by the switch plate, As seen in the photos I posted, the lamp, heater & headboard were damaged, the picture about the bed had smoke film so thick on the glass you could see the film. Bedspread & blanket had cigarette holes burned in them, carpet was nasty, I wouldn't let a dog sleep on that carpet. Most of the exterior lights were not working, not sure if bulbs were burned out or they just didn't work. This place was so terrible that we ended up leaving and getting a room someplace else. It wasn't as convenient to get to/from game, but well worth the extra effort as I'm sure nothing good could have come from staying at the Knights Inn. I do believe the other person who said you'd be better off staying at the Bates Motel was right, go see Norman.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else < you've been warned
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MileHiCruiser
Ben G, Manager at Super 8 Denver Midtown, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
I am very sorry about your stay with us at Knights Inn. We are working on fixing up the hotel both interior and exterior. We have addressed your concerns and are making improvements. I am very sorry that you ended up going elsewhere, where it wasn't as convenient to get to the game. I hope that in a few months or next football season you might come by and see the updates and try staying with us again. Thank you again for your review we appreciate the feedback.