“Not so bad”

Ranked #108 of 157 Hotels in Denver
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Not so bad”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Don't expect much but was OK for the price. Telephone did not work, cracks in the walls, bedspread/blankets were not new. However, I slept well, felt safe and the location is great (beautiful view of downtown, a nice 15 minute walk that goes over the river/highway/train/tracks to the mall or to the free shuttle).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jeremiah C, Manager at Super 8 Denver Midtown, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and rate our hotel. We appreciate the feedback from our guest; it helps us make our hotel more efficient. We apologize if the telephone did not work in your room, we would have been more than happy to accommodate your stay by giving you a different room to stay in, or by sending our maintenance staff to fix your telephone. Our hotel is being completely remolded so if the building was anything less than satisfying we do apologize. We appreciate the positive feedback and we do hope we have the chance of having you stay at our hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Denver
Reviewed 5 November 2013

If you do not have high expectations, I would recommend this hotel. The building is rather old. The rooms have only basic needs. Infrastructure "really" needs to be renewed, urgently. The telephone in my room was broken, by the way. But the people were nice and helpful, in general.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jerimiah C, Manager at Super 8 Denver Midtown, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for taking to time write a review and rate our hotel. We appreciate the feedback from our guests. I apologize that you were anything less than satisfied with your hotel stay. Our hotel building is currently in the process of being remodeled. We would love to have you stay with us again once the remodel is finished .We value our returning customers. We appreciate the positive feedback on our staff; we take pride in giving our guest the best experience possible. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again.
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Wow, I am speechless. This hotel was gross - I didn't expect much. The worst part was finding DIRTY NEEDLES under our bed, but we'll get there. Even giving it a single star is being nice. Not only were our sheets dirty and towels stained, but the bathroom wasn't even swept, the back of the toilet bowl was not properly put together, and the floor was so gross no one walked around (or even took a shower) without wearing protective flip flops. To top it off however, we found 3 DIRTY NEEDLES under the bed. Don't believe me? I have pictures and a video which we posted on You Tube. When I informed the staff I received a nonchalant "Hmm, sorry 'bout that". No offers for money back or anything along those lines - as if this happens every day. I have stayed at low rated hotels before, but I have never been so appalled in all of my travels. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: My tip is to go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BRITTANY S

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for hookers or crack you may have found the right place. Everything smelled like smoke including our bath towels. Found a needle wrapper on the floor of our "clean" room! Also was awoken by a bug of some kind! It's in a fairly descent part of town but soooooo what. I should hav slept with the homeless guy across the street.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Sulibrobro
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Omg. The most discusting place on Earth. The sheets were covered on dirt and hair. We asked for replacements and they told us to come get them ourselves. Plaster was falling. Lightbulbs missing. Scary people outside. Door lock could have been kicked in by a toddler. We slept in our clothes on top of the bed. If it wasn't the last hotel in all I'd Denver we would have left in a second.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TravelMonster17268
BenGarcia, Manager at Super 8 Denver Midtown, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Thank you for your rating and review. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the hotel. Whenever any item is missing or broken, we always have maintenance attend to the issue in a timely manner if we are notified of it. We are getting ready to remodel the building as it is an older building. Please reconsider your thoughts on the hotel as we are changing and improving it each and every day.
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Awful! Should have slept in the car. My boyfriend and I were on our way back from the western part of the state and decided to spend a day in Denver. We booked this hotel because it was cheap and not too far from Rockies stadium. The room was suppose to be non-smoking, but had an overpowering stench of smoke and filth. When the door was closed you could still see daylight coming in. Then toilet had been broke and puzzle pieced back together. We slept on top of the bed spread and neither one of us got a good nights sleep. Overall it was an awful experience. I would not recommend this place to the most desperate of people. If you are desperate sleep in your car in a Walmart parking lot.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JMetzler
Thank you for rating us and providing us with your feedback. I understand that you were unhappy with your stay. I hope that in the future you will consider coming back as the hotel is being renovated in the near future. I am also sorry that you requested a non smoking room and when you arrived you had a smoke odor in the room. We will always offer to switch you rooms when we have available rooms for guest satisfaction. Again, I am very sorry and I do appreciate your feedback.
Bozeangelas
Reviewed 8 August 2013

In early May 2013, I signed up for a 4 day workshop in Denver, on the same day I booked a hotel room. There was some kind of sports event happening that weekend and this was the only hotel in that area that had an opening. I sure wish I would have read the Trip Advisor reviews before booking with this place, I should have slept in the car instead.

The front desk people were nice enough, not sure how they can stand it there...
Our room was next to a almost fully condemned room in front of which there was broken glass and garbage. The condemned room had no door handle and was open pretty much for anyone to enter it.

There seemed to be a lot of permanent residents of this hotel who were obviously on drugs and even doing drugs nearly out in the open, in the parking lot. The room itself smelled so strongly of chemicals cleaners I could taste it upon walking in the room and it gave me a headache. Later the chemical smell dissipated to reveal a heavy smell of mold, there were cigarette burns in the blankets, strange stains on the ironing board, junk out our window from the condemned room next door, the bathtub was really dirty as was the bathroom sink, the smoke alarm was missing and later found it without batteries in one of the drawers, the walls and floors were dirty and this place was probably not cleaned for years.

The ONLY thing about this place is the most excellent view of Down Town Denver and it was walking distance from Elitch Gardens, the Aquarium and more.

The day we were packing to leave, some workers started bringing supplies and tools into the smashed up room next to ours. These guys were smoking and swearing heavily in front of our son as we packed and they bumped my car with their truck door as they opened it. I'm really not sure why the owner of this place doesn't just shut it down and hire a real Contractor to completely renovate this old unkempt building. As of right now, it is run an likely owned by the Ramada next door and I'm sure that Corporation can handle the remodel; it would be wise or they too will start to get a bad rap.

Seriously, if you can help it, get a different hotel- or sleep in your car, it's safer especially for a family with small children. I was very fearful for my child staying here.s

Room Tip: Find a different hotel or stay with friends!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank your very much for your rating and review. We do value the feedback of our guests. I am very happy to hear that the front desk staff treated you well and that you enjoyed the view of Downtown Denver. We are in the process of working on a remodel for the hotel and soon it will be renovated. We do clean the sidewalks daily and I apologize that there was glass on the ground near your room, I hope the front desk was able to take action on that right away. Please come back in the future to see the renovation that we do. We would love to have you back and enjoy the experience at our hotel.