“Wonderful hosts, beautifully restored b&b...you'll love it!”

Castle Marne Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 April 2009

My son and I spent two nights at the Castle Marne and were welcomed like friends and treated with kindness and ample attention from the moment we arrived, until our very early morning departure with goodies left for us in the front hall. The B&B has been lovingly and authentically restored and although very beautiful, the rooms are cozy and comfortable. The breakfasts are presented like artwork and they are absolutely delicious; every restaurant Melissa recommended was perfect; and Jim was filled with wonderful stories about DU (where my son attended an info session & tour) and hints about making plaster molds (which he was so extraordinarily kind to loan to me!). A STRONG POSITIVE recommendation and in a great, convenient location! SO much better than staying in a basic downtown hotel! A wonderful experience!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 April 2009

We were fully in awe of the castle. The exterior truly looks like a real castle.
When we entered, we were not let down by the extremely gracious hospitality of the Peiker family who runs the Castle Marne Bed & Breakfast.

Although furnished in a Victorian decor, we felt very 'at home' in the warm & cozy ambience. The Raymond Room comes with a private balcony where we could soak ourselves in the hot tub or what we call a 'hydrotherapy spa' and enjoy nature at the same time. A unique experience.

Our room is tastefully furnished and although the bed seems a little small, it was very comfortable as it comes with luxurious feather tick and we had two nights of great sleep and woke up fully rested.

Oh! Not forgetting the delicious breakfast and yummy tea treats that we experienced as well. They were all freshly made by the owners themselves and something we looked forward to daily while we were there.

We were pleasantly surprised by the free internet access as well as local calls to all of the US. That was a bonus and we managed to get in touch and catch up with old friends and acquaintances.

The location was great as well and we took many walks around the area to various parks, museums and bookstore. Transportation is also easily assessible to get downtown. And with the input by the owners on the various 'must see/do' attractions in your area of interest, you are guaranteed of a wonderful & memorable Denver holiday experience.

This is truly one of the best accommodation we have experienced so far with personalised service that are far better than 5 star hotels, yet not paying 5 star hotel prices.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dynamic14
Reviewed 20 March 2009

I stayed at the Castle Marne for one night to attend a wedding at the Denver Botanical Garden. I wanted to be near a place that was walking distance (only about 10 mins) and Castle Marne fit the bill. I arrived very early on an east coast flight and Jim was gracious enough to seat me for breakfast the day I arrived! Breakfast was nice and tasty. I stayed in the Raymond Room which was a small room, adequate for my needs, with a great balcony (that also included a hot tub). The location of the b&b gave me a chance to walk around to the Molly Brown House Museum and Colfax Ave to check out this great "green" philanthropic cafe called "So All May Eat (SAME) Cafe" (just a note: Colfax is a street 'in transition' so I wouldn't recommend walking at evening unless your familiar with the area).
All in all my stay was great, and the price was right. I enjoyed the evening cookie service and wished I didn't have such an early flight the next day (about 6am out of DEN) so I could enjoy my room more. I would definitely recommend this b&b to others coming to Denver.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2009

I found this gem of a B & B on the Internet. Jim, my host, was most accomidating. My flight arrived late into Denver and though it was well past check in time, Jim was there to greet me. My room was on the top floor and offered a fantastic view of Denvers skyline. The breakfast served was most delicious. They served crepes filled with egg, cheese and asparagus, with fresh fruit on the side. Having traveled extensively around the world, staying mostly in B & B's, I found the Castle Marne to be one of my favorite places to stay. My hosts Jim and Diane should be commended for the outstanding service they provide. They truly make their guests feel welcome. I would highly recommend this place to anyone that appreciates comfort and cleanliness. The next time I go to Denver, I know where I'll be staying.
Catherine,
Burbank, CA

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2009

We stayed at the Castle Marne when we were attending a conference in Denver, but enjoyed our stay so much that we almost felt like we were on vacation. The home is beautifully restored and our hosts were friendly, informative, and continually concerned for our comfort. The breakfasts are wonderful and tea in the evenings is not to be missed. We stayed in the spacious tower room on the 3rd floor of the home and we would definitely try to book it again on a return trip. There are a number of unique and excellent restaurants within several blocks, and walking through the historic neighborhood is relaxing and enjoyable. Most of our meetings were at the Conference Center, which is about 2 miles from the Castle Marne. We walked part of the time and then picked-up a city bus (1 block away) when we had early morning meetings. We highly recommend the Castle Marne.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2008

The Castle Marne was a beautiful place to share our anniversary! If you want a quiet place to get away, you must go there - once inside the quaint room, enjoying the hot tea left out for you by the gracious host and hostess, you will never guess that you are minutes away from downtown Denver. The breakfast was beautiful, the moonlight shining in the window at night very romantic, and we enjoyed all the special details everywhere. A historic building with a lot of character turned into a delightful inn by experienced innkeepers. You will love it!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 December 2008

The term "castle" is misleading when referring to Castle Marne. Other castles I have visited are dark and damp. This Castle is warm and inviting, so do not be mislead by the title. The food is excellent and the hosts charming and very helpful. For afternoon tea, we had homemade scones with lemon curd, shortbread, lemon bars, white chocolate pretzels, truffles, etc. If you are in Denver, you should stay here. Cheaper than downtown hotels, close to downtown and much more inviting. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)