“Wouldn't recommend this hotel to a group of dogs!!”
Review of The Timbers Hotel

The Timbers Hotel
Ranked #108 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Front desk staff was not friendly. Just looked at me when I approached the desk. Took them awhile to find my reservation. Room had a stain on the floor. Shower curtain rod was broke and the towel bar holder was falling off. Stains and marking on the walls along with some sheet rock crumbling away. In order to turn on lamps you had to run the power cords across the floor to plug them in.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Traveler3241
There are newer reviews for The Timbers Hotel

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our family stayed here while a loved one was in Denver Children's Hospital. It is a great location with easy access to downtown and to I 70. Our room was clean and quiet with nice decor. We loved the suite format with the kitchen where we could eat meals no matter when people got back from the hospital. The front desk was helpful at check-in unlike the experience of others who have commented. The shuttles were readily available for those who took advantage of them.The attached bar and grill was a nice feature. I was confused that all the entrances were wide open to anyone to come in. I was also surprised that the front lobby was well appointed but the once beautifully landscaped grounds are weedy and trashy. The hospital rate is certainly helpful to families who already have financial burdens. This has so much going for it that I hope the investors decide to upgrade the grounds and the security.

1  Thank wildfloweroftheWest
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our flight was cancelled and the Timbers was our only option provided on the voucher from the airline, the other option was already booked since several flights were cancelled. The Timbers has a shuttle which is nice but we had to wait about 30 minutes for it at midnight and then crammed about 10 people in the small van. When we got to the hotel they only had one person working, so it took about 30 minutes to check in. Our luggage had been sent on another plane - so we had nothing. I asked for a toothbrush, deodorant and toothpaste like most hotels typically have, they only had toothpaste in small ketchup like packets.

After wandering around, we finally found the room. It was large. The bed was pretty good, the sheets smelled freshly washed. However, I opened the fridge and there was leftover food in there- so I guess housekeeping is not their first priority. There was also a LARGE kitchen knife in one of the drawers near the fridge, which was alarming. The bathroom was ok and pretty clean.

The next morning we had breakfast downstairs at the free buffet. It was ok nothing special. We also saw the courtyard in the day light- it needed major help. I would only stay here if desperate.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My son and I stay at The Timbers Hotel once or twice a year while he is being seen at Colorado Children's Hospital. We have 5+ year experience with the hotel, and have never been let down. Last year it turned out someone was already staying in the room we were checked in to, but that was more amusing than anything. Plus we got a free room upgrade out of it ;). Shuttle service is always great, on time and courteous, both to and from the hospital and the airport. Not to mention the guy who picked us up from the airport was very friendly and talkative.. easy on the eyes as well :). Seriously though, I would highly recommend this hotel to fellow travelers. Until next year, Timbers!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank SaraLKnight
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our flight arrived in Denver at midnight and we finally got to the hotel at almost 2am. There wasn't anyone at the front desk when we arrived and I ended up having to call the front desk to attract their attention. Check in was very slow as there were 3 people trying to check in. We finally got to our room at 2:15am. The beds were great and the room clean except for the rim under the sink. There was a broken tile in the corner of the bathroom and a chunk of wall gone from the hall. Other than that, the room was great. We had a free breakfast the next morning and was mostly carbs and fake eggs but I enjoyed the coffee and cold ice water. The grounds outside were overgrown and not kept up but I was just there to sleep.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just stayed at the Timbers July 10-11 terrible experience. The hotel is in a horrible location. The grounds are dirty and just dead grass. The front desk was the WORST experience we have every had in a check in only one person working and she was very rude and unhelpful. The room A/C did not work very well. The beding was not exceptable, dirty and smelly. Our family my husband and two children witnessed the Manager in a dispute with a customer in which he was not being respectful or caring the the needs of his guest. The debate got very heated in the front lobby just not exceptable for a Manager. And the WIFI was not in service for a long period of the night on Friday. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE TIMBER TO ANYONE !!!

Room Tip: I do not think there could be a nice room in the place.Do Not Stay At The TIMBERS Worst Experience...
2  Thank Shelley V
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel's website makes it look kitschy and fun, but it's terrible. It's not clean (I'm pretty sure there's a blood spot on our carpet). The halls smell like pot, the TVs have lines on the screen, and overall, I don't feel safe. Pick the La Quinta or Holiday Inn Express down the road instead. You may not have as much space, but you'll have peace of mind.

• Stayed: July 2014