“Busy Hotel, Average Stay”

Quality Inn Central Denver
Ranked #88 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My stay at this Quality Inn my not reflect other folks visits. During my stay there was a rock & gem show taking place at this hotel. Tents took over much of the hotels parking lot, and the hotel was very busy, and seemed very understaffed. Here's my review..

Check-in was a bit slow, due to several people checking in as I arrived around 6:30pm. The hotel lobby and first floor can really use a re-freshening, too many dark areas. Across from the front desk is a restaurant and a separate bar, they both were very busy during my entire stay. Parking the car in the hotels free parking lot was a chore, I found the only empty spot. But I'm sure the parking situation was due to the tents set up in the parking lot for the Rock & Gem Expo and associated visitors. I wasn't as lucky later on, and ended up having to park in the street for the night.

Back in the hotel, the hotels hallways were kind of dark, and can also used a re-freshening. Elevators seemed a bit slow, but then again it was very busy. The room was nice, clean and usable. Beds were clean, and provided a good night’s rest. The hotel’s restaurant was a simple “dinner” atmosphere, but the food was good, nothing fancy, but good. Same went for breakfast which was included with the hotel rate. Which is a big step up for your everyday Quality Inn (major reason I gave it 4-stars over three).

There is a train track that passes the front of the hotel, but don’t let looks fool you, it’s a little used track used by one train during the daylight to access local industries. No trains passed the hotel during my stay. Being that nobody on TripAdvisor mentioned the railroad, I don’t believe it’s ever an issue. I chose this hotel because the price was right, and the great reviews of the free breakfast. I would stay here again as well as price & breakfast reviews are comparable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RailfanMotels
MICHAEL P, Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Thank you for your review concerning your stay at our hotel in September. We were glad to see that you had an opportunity to have our complimentary full hot breakfast as we feel that it is excellent. I hope that you also had an opportunity to use our free shuttle service to downtown
Denver and the surrounding areas. We do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced
because of the Gem and Mineral Show. We are sorry that the check in was a little slow also. We do look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

The hotel was nice. We didn't eat or visit the bar, but they looked nice. The room was okay. There is no way to turn on the vent for ambiance without it kicking out heat (December). I picked this hotel online since it was right next to the interstate. However, you must travel a couple miles to the nearest on-ramp and that sometimes took a while.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay at our hotel. We were glad that you found
the hotel nice and that the room was okay. I am sorry that you did not have an opportunity to
have the complimentary full hot breakfast as we feel it is excellent. I hope that you did have a
chance to use the free shuttle service to downtown Denver and the surrounding area. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I rendezvoused here with colleagues coming from various places, some local and some from out of town, for an important meeting downtown that we needed to arrive at together. The free parking allowed us to avoid the downtown parking hassles because we could leave all the cars in the the hotel's free parking and take their shuttle, which got us to and from our meeting very efficiently. The rooms were clean and well appointed, with a small sink/micro/fridge area in an alcove between the bedroom and the bathroom. Nice views from the upper floors of downtown Denver and the mountains. Breakfast had the usual cereal and waffles, but also hot scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, fresh fruit, cottage cheese and more. Staff was friendly and attentive. Recommended if you have business downtown but don't want to pay downtown hotel prices or deal with downtown parking.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chilkoot_Hiker

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay at our hotel. We were certainly glad that our free shuttle service to downtown Denver and the surrounding area, was able to take care of
you and your colleagues to get to your meeting and that you were all able to travel together. We were also glad that you enjoyed our complimentary full hot breakfast as we feel that it is excellent. We were also glad that the room was nice, clean and well appointed. I hope that our staff also did a great job for you. We hope that we have another opportunity to serve you and/or your colleagues again soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I expected a Walmart and got a Target. It's in an industrial area and surprisingly hard to get to considering you can see it from the interstate. But the staff was extremely friendly, it was clean, reasonable priced, and had a great breakfast. There was two people behind the reception desk every time I walked by. Every single worker asked me how my stay was going every time they passed. Even though it was a serve-it-yourself breakfast, they had somebody walking around filling coffee. The rooms were clean, and mine had a microwave and small refrigerator (not sure if they all do.) They have a shuttle, but you really need a car if you want to spend any time in Denver. I didn't expect a boutique hotel, and this isn't one, but it's a great value. It's near the interstate, but I couldn't hear it and slept well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view, which will also keep you away from the interstate side. Rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Slow_Doc

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay at our hotel. We were glad to see that you
enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast as we feel that it is excellent. We were also glad that the room was clean and that you enjoyed the microwave and small refrigerator. It was especially nice to see that the staff took such good care of you, and always asked how your visit was going. Our free shuttle service to downtown Denver and the surrounding area is excellent, especially if you have one particular location that you are going to. We certainly look forward to
our next opportunity to serve you, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

The hotel is pretty good and lively on a cold December night. There were about 4 people in line at the reception, just 1 receptionist, and she was kept busy with returning innumerable phone calls.. Had to wait for about 20 minutes just to check in !!! The hotel is either terribly understaffed or the staff weren't to be found. The stay was quite pleasant otherwise and it was value for money

• Stayed: December 2012
quality_raj, General Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your feedback with us. I am truly very sorry for all the inconvenience during your check in process.
That particular day we had some unforeseen circumstances which left us short staffed. We really believe in good customer service and it starts right at the beginning. We are normally well staffed for each day and review our staffing each day as well.
I am glad to hear that you liked the value for your price and liked our hotel very much. We will make sure. We will always love to see you back . If there is anything i can do in future please allow me.
Thanks!

Reviewed 28 November 2012

We have stayed at this hotel before, and had a great time then, but this time the air conditioner did not work, the room smelled of cigarettes, and the lobby smelled STRONGLY of cleaner. The breakfast was good, and the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has had no smokers and a working air conditioner.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Hi Greg,
Thank you very much for staying with us again. We really appreciate your business. During this time of the year Denver always been challenged by mother nature by one night being very cold and next morning again in 70s. Just to let you know that we have preventative maintenance program in place to see where else we can improve our service. You feedback is very important for us to know where we can improve.
I am glad to hear that you liked our our hotel service and breakfast , we really proud of giving you the great value for your money.
i would recommend not to take smoking floor rooms if you are not a smoker. We have about 185 non smoking rooms.
We wil again look forward to see you back and next time we can get 5out of 5 from you.
See you soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Spent 2 nights at this hotel thinking it was in the downtown area. Instead it is located on the north side of Hwy. 70 and very near Hwy 25 in an Industrial Area. If you are looking for a reasonably priced motel near the stadium with average priced rooms, this may be the place for you. We ended up using Pecos St. to 20th st. when visiting the downtown area. Less traffic and confusion of the Hwy's. Don't bother trying to regulate the heat in the room by using the thermostat because the heat is controled by the hotel. Rooms were very cold. Tub stopper didn't seal down so water leaked out when taking a bath. Had difficulty opening the door with the card key but reported it and they said they would have maintenance look at it. On the plus side, the Staff was very helpful and the breakfast was very good. Some days it included pancakes and other days they had waffels. Loved the fresh fruit.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Jim,
How are you doing? on behalf of whole quality inn Denver central family I would like to say thank you very much for choosing us to stay during the football game. I certainly feel that you liked our service and breakfast.
Yes we are located near I-25 & I-70, which gives you more accessibility to city and we are only 10 mints away from Sports Authority Stadium for Broncos, we provide our guest free shuttle service as well.
I am sorry that our location did not really work for you. We are working very aggressively with city of Denver for some changes which will allow easy access to our hotel. You can expect so many changes near our hotel with in 6 months. Pecos bridge is going to be demolished and turned into round circle intersection to allow guest easy access.
We really appreciate your voice to us so we can think about getting better and do even much better.
Please allow us to be your host again when you are in town. Thanks again for good comments on service and breakfast. We will also look into heating issues again.
Thanks!