“Rough Start....great finish”

Ranked #81 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Rough Start....great finish”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

When I first checked in, I encountered a terribly unfriendly and rude manager who embarrassed me for wanting a refrigerator in my room, because I am a breast feeding mother. He spoke loudly, shamed me, and even CHARGED me for the medically NEEDED fridge, I needed in order to pump and store my addition breast milk, while on family vacation-wedding weekend. The morning after our arrival, I took my 6 month old son downstairs to get some coffee and juice from the breakfast buffet. The women at the front desk the next morning were a completely different story! The cooed over my infant, and were overly helpful, even asking how my night was and if there was anything they could do to make our next day go more smoothly. I explained to them about the rude manager from the day before, and they were very apologetic on his behalf and assured me that they would do anything they could to make our stay better. They changed my opinion of the hotel in an instant and I started noticing all the upgrades they had clearly made to the inside of the hotel to give it a "cosmetic facelift". It was a very nice hotel, and for the $ and location, I thought it was great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MICHAEL P, Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We apologize that you felt our Manager did not treat you in a professional manner upon check-in. It is our goal that all of our guest are always treated in a professional manner and that we make them feel welcome at our hotel.

We were pleased to see that the rest of our front desk staff took such good care of you. We were also glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary full hot breakfast as we feel that it is excellent.

We Thank You for choosing our hotel to stay at, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Vail, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This is my 2nd stay in a few years and it continues to be the best choice for an affordable hotel outside of downtown with tons if amenities. Free breakfast buffet, pool, free shuttle to pre determined locations, free wifi, noon check out and very affordable. Staff is also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ryanbeerlover
Dear Guest,

We were quite pleased to see that you enjoyed your second visit with us. We were also happy that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities, such as the complimentary full hot breakfast, as we feel that it is excellent. We were also glad that you were able to take advantage of the free shuttle service to downtown Denver and that our outdoor pool is now open.

We were also happy that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, as it very important to us that all of our guests leave our hotel completely satisfied.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I look for hotels that are a reasonable price, good location for the area I want to visit, provides an actual breakfast and has good reviews and this hotel met all of those criterias. The location was close to downtown. To get to the hotel was a little interesting but nothing my navigation couldn't figure out. The hotel was clean and we had a great view of downtown from the 7th floor. We only heard the train one night at 2am it blew its whistle several times. My son and i heard it but my husband slept thru it. The breakfast was good. You could make your own blueberry waffles and breakfast tacos. They even had refried beans. We went down to the sports bar downstairs and they normally close at 9pm but stayed open so they could finish watching the first game of the nba finals. I was very happy with this hotel and would recommend it if you are looking for a hotel close to downtown but not paying downtown prices.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. We were glad that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast as we also feel that it is excellent. We were also happy to see that you were able to enjoy our sports bar in the evening.

We hope that you had an opportunity to use our outdoor swimming pool now that it is open, or that you had a chance to use our free shuttle service to downtown Denver where we stop at several pre-designated locations.

We do Thank You for choosing our hotel to stay at, and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The hotel is very clean, and the staff are fantastic. The hotel is just off of the freeway, perhaps 10 minutes from Coors Stadium, and about 15 minutes from the heart of downtown. We had a rental car while visiting Denver, but two days we opted for the free shuttle transfer available hourly. This hotel is a pet-friendly establishment, so one can expect a few barks on occasion, but nothing that would keep one up at night. My spouse is diabetic, and they provided a complimentary refrigerator rather than the standard $10/day rental rate. The pool was clean and warm. They do not provide in-room safes, and I did not inquire if they had a safe in the reception area. Do not expect great views, as you will most likely have a view of freeways, railroad facilities, etc....but it is less than half of what one pays for a similar room closer to downtown. I didn't care for the dinner that I had in the hotel restaurant, but the bar area looked lively about the time I went to bed. The complimentary breakfast is the same each day, and not too bad, but the eggs are obviously reconstituted powdered eggs, and the protein was always black forest ham slices. I must say, however, that I had a friend staying downtown on the same dates, and they had to pay $4 for a cup of coffee and $4.00 for a cookie for their breakfast. Everything at the Quality Inn is complimentary. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and actually am planning to make a return trip to Denver soon for pleasure and almost certainly will stay at this facility again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and that you were happy with the cleanliness of the hotel, and our friendly staff. We were also glad that you enjoyed our outdoor pool, and that you were able to use our free shuttle service to downtown Denver where we stop at several pre-designated stops.

We apologize that you did not care for the dinner in the restaurant but glad that you were able to have the complimentary full hot breakfast. Also, for future reference, we do have safety deposit boxes available at the front desk.

We do Thank You for choosing our hotel to stay at, and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Thoona, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

So this isn't the Four Seasons, but it was completely clean and comfortable. Nice mattress and pillows, quiet air conditioning and a good, hot shower. The motel buffet breakfast was good. The free shuttle bus service is fantastic and the staff friendly. The neighbourhood is a little depressing being an industrial, interstate area but the car park was safe and we had no dramas.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shannon C
Dear Guest,

We were pleased to see that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable, with nice mattresses and pillows and that the air conditioner worked fine. We were also happy that you found our staff to be friendly.

We were happy that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast, and that you were able to use the free shuttle service to downtown Denver, where we stop at several pre-designated spots.

We Thank You for choosing our hotel to stay at, and we look forward to your next visit with us.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 days for the occasion of the first anniversary of our marriage. The hotel is pretty close to downtown Denver and they seem to have a free shuttle service too.

We wish to thank the Hotel Manager Mr. Raja Prasad for giving us a free upgrade to one of the renovated suite rooms on our anniversary and for the entire stay. Would also like to thank Ms. Suzanne, the front desk manager and the entire team involved in the arrangements to make our special day all the more memorable; especially in helping me surprise my husband with a cake and flowers. They were also kind enough to grant us a late checkout. Mr. Prasad and Ms. Suzanne were very helpful in suggesting us places to see in and around Denver and ensured us a comfortable stay.

The free breakfast has a decent spread of items and the restaurant managers asked the guests daily if they were happy with the breakfast. We felt though that the same items were for breakfast every day, may be a couple of items could be changed on alternate days to keep some variety for the guests and kids in particular. Nevertheless, the breakfast was good.

The staff is very helpful and rooms are neat and clean. We would definitely recommend this place to fellow travelers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AshaHegde
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased that our General Manager and our front desk Manager were able to assist in making the celebration of your one year anniversary a happy and memorable occasion. We are always pleased when we can make our guests visits with us happy and memorable.

We were glad to see that you were able to have the complimentary hot breakfast, and we hope that you were able to use the free shuttle service to downtown Denver where we stop at several
pre-designated stops. We were also happy that you found the rooms to be clean and neat, and that all of or staff were always helpful.

We Thank You for choosing our hotel for your special occasion and hope to see you again for your second anniversary.
Moab, Utah
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The management of this motel just made our vacation so complete. Everyone treated us wonderful. The rooms are clean and the shuttle is a trip in itself! The breakfast was great, and the management even walks around to check to see if things are going well for you. Many needs are met including some interesting pets heading to their rooms. The pool looked clean. We had a blast and will return!

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the higher level for quiet and the view.