“Nice stay!”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #65 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the stay with the access to downtown amenities. Nice updating of an old historic building. It has a green program to not wash towels for Sheraton points or $5 hotel certificate. Nice place to stay in the downtown area.

• Stayed: August 2013
SheratonDenver, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear cowbuoy,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our historical, yet updated buildings. We are proud of the rich history these buildings bring to the city of Denver. We also thank you for participating in our Make A Green Choice Program. We feel that the smaller our footprint on our environment, the better overall for our world. We hope to welcome you back to our community in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here on short notice, as the Westin was not available. Nice hotel in the middle of downtown. Lots of local restaurants and shops, however, I found the hotel to be average, at best. My room was small and, while clean, very very far away from the front desk and valet. In fact, I had to walk through the convention center downstairs and across the street (underground) in order to access my hotel tower/room. Had I known this ahead of time I would have booked elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear JWHammer,
Thank you for your kind words, I agree with you, we have the best location of any of the Denver hotels located directly on the 16th Street Mall with great access to many restaurants and entertainment venues. I am sorry that your room was far away from the Front Desk/Welcome area. We do have two towers and it sounds like your room was in the IM Pei Tower. Let us know when you come back to Denver next time and we will place you in the Plaza building which included The Yardhouse restaurant and the Welcome area. Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to have further conversation: chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com

Reviewed 23 August 2013

You couldn't ask for a better location, right in the middle of downtown, next to the 16th mall and the Denver Art Museum.
The hotel has two separate buildings: the historic but updated Tower and the newer Plaza. There is a convenient skybridge between both buildings on the 2nd floor, so it's not an issue (the rooftop pool is in the historic building but front desk and restaurant in the newer one). We were staying in the Plaza, in a rather big and comfortable room with a nice view on the mountains.
Front desk staff efficient and friendly. Restaurant food (dinner) rather good and staff very friendly.
We had a slight disappointment with the breakfast buffet which does not really matches that kind of hotel standard (for example croissants not restocked, scrambled eggs dry, bread still wrapped) but it was not enough to alter our overall good impression of this property. I also have to mention that they did not bill the breakfast because of a mistake, which was with no doubt great customer service. Bottom line: if I have to go back to Denver, I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Swissworld_traveller,
Thank you for your wonderful compliments on your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that our rooms and associates were very accommodating during your stay. We have passed along your comments on our buffet to our director of food and beverage. We apologize for this inconvenience. We hope to see you in our community again in the future. Thank you for your loyalty to the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, as well as Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here 2 nights with a coach tour in August. The hotel was in an ideal location just off the 16th mall with a free trolley stop opposite. The rooms were spacious and clean and they had a lovely swimming pool in the opposite building which was accessed through a glass covered walkway. Staff were excellent but we did not try the food in the restaurant as there were other places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carol01

Dear carol01,
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, as well as, our positioning on the world famous 16th Street Pedestrian Mall. We feel that being close to everything our guests could need, sets us apart from competition. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our rooftop pool! We hope to see you again should your future journey find you in Denver, Colorado. Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

A great hotel close to the convention center in Downtown Denver, the rooms are large and the beds are very comfortable. The internet connection was stable for my 5 day stay, the food at the restaurant was good too.

Dear JohnWhiteCanada,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our proximity to the Colorado Convention Center, as well as our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. We hope to welcome you back to our community again in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Don't stay here! I had to stay while working for the Denver Post. There are no Pros. The cons: I ordered my breakfast at 7:30 a.m., and asked if I could pick it up to go at 8:30 a.m. When I arrived promptly at 8:30, I had to wait 20 minutes for it to be cooked. It was then packed in a "egg carton" type container, that was damp, and before I could get across the street with my breakfast, the container broke and my breakfast was all over the street. Also, the staff member was quite unconcerned that i had to wait after specifically requesting if I could order and pick-up my food at a certain time. I feel like an hour's notice is PLENTY of time. NEXT, I don't even know where to start with the housekeeping service. My first night, I turned my bed down, and the sheet had "something" all over it. It was a mess. I had to call for a manager. They came up and were horrified as well, said they were truly sorry, and sent staff up immediately to strip and re-make the bed. That was quite a disturbing experience. The next night, I arrived back from work, and I had no toiletry replinishment, no coffee or coffee cup replinishment, and no water replinishment, which I am supposed to get every day. To make things worse, the next morning when I opened the shower curtain to get in, the dirty towels from the prior morning were still in the tub! Complaining at this hotel does no good. I am simply going to move to a different hotel for the duration of my stays in Denver. I come here a lot, and will not put up with this type of hotel service.

1  Thank CherylSatelliteBeach

Dear SPDuerr,
We are very sorry that your stay with us was such a disappointment. From your review, it appears that we failed at every opportunity to deliver basic services. I would like to speak with you personally to resolve this issue and make an effort to improve your opinion of us. Due to the anonymous nature of your review, I am not sure how to contact you other than provide you with my e-mail. Chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com . I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I never sleep well in Denver. I have been travelling to Denver for 20 years and not once have I gotten a good night sleep, until.....

I stayed in the "Pure" room at the Sheraton. Their is purified and I believe there are a few other things they do to the room as well. All I know is that I slept all night and woke up refershed!

Well done Sheraton!

Room Tip: Ask for the Pure Room!