Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
2,561 results
All reviewsyard housetower buildingstreet mallpeet's coffeehuge hotelfree busclub levelfitness centercoors fieldvalet parkingfew blocksunion stationconferenceyardhouselobbydowntownmeeting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the largest hotel in Colorado, located in two different buildings: one is an I.M. Pei skyscraper (the "Tower"), the other an 8-story large squarish building (the "Plaza"). They are connected seamlessly underground and by a 2nd floor skyway. There are large convention facilities in both buildings. There is abundant but expensive underground parking. The location is excellent, near one end of Denver's 16th St. pedestrian mall, served by a frequent, free bus. Many museums, restaurants, and the State Capitol are nearby.

Reviews suggest that rooms and bathrooms in the skyscraper are small, so we chose to stay in the lower "Plaza" building. We asked for an exterior room, which afforded nice views southwest toward the mountains. There are nearly as many interior rooms, which probably offer no view at all. Our room was reasonably spacious, with two queen beds, a modernistic desk, minimal dresser space, and a normal-sized and generally well-functioning bathroom (actually, the water ranged from luke warm to extremely hot with the same setting of the lever on different days). The bed was especially comfortable. An unusual and welcome feature is that if you do not want housekeeping services on a particular day, you hang a special sign on the outside door handle before retiring, and you are greeted in the morning with a $5 coupon that acts like cash at hotel restaurants, etc.

One of our curtain rods was missing so the curtain couldn't be moved. Internet service in our room was free for our group, but often overwhelmed by the high bandwidth usage of our group. Once, it took hours for me to send a message.

The pool was difficult to find. Once having walked the considerable distance there, we encountered a "pool closed" sign, although the event wasn't to take place for hours and people were swimming there. There were no "pool rules" so children were jumping and splashing.

The 15/50 restaurant served a good, if expensive, breakfast (with a reasonable buffet option). Normal check-out time is noon. Although it was a lengthy walk between our room and the elevator, that elevator went to convenient places on the lobby level, the conference level, and where we had parked our car below that. Speaking of "lobby level," an annoying circumstance on our first morning concerned the location of the 15/50 restaurant for breakfast. The literature in the room had a whole page about the restaurant, but didn't say what level it was on. I phoned Guest Services and inquired. The woman responded, "it's in the Plaza." I then asked what level it was on. She replied, "the Plaza." I asked again what floor or level it was on. She replied, "The Plaza level." I asked, "What level is that, is that the Lobby level?" She replied in a deprecating tone, "Well, it's the Plaza Level, but you can call it Lobby level if you want to." Well, thanks. In the elevator, that level is indicated by "L". I suppose it is for "p-L-aza" level. And signs in the hotel mark the floor as "Lobby". Fortunately, other staff (e.g. in the restaurant) were more friendly.

Room Tip: Exterior rooms in the Plaza building are probably preferred. Determine where your function is and try to find a room that isn't an enormous hike away.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear nedtraveler,
Thank you greatly for your feedback during your recent business stay. We first and foremost, would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the pool closure sign, as well as the unfriendly tone of our guest services associate. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed many features of our hotel, but mainly our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and our positioning on the world famous 16th Street Pedestrian Mall. We take great pride in the city we call home, and are happy to offer some of Denver’s most iconic attractions right outside our doorstep. We surely hope we are able to welcome you back to our community again in the future.
Tony Dunn, General Manager

Reviewed 13 October 2013

At the first glace the hotel has everything that a four-ish star hotel should have, but after staying here for five days (for a conference) I would say given to the price it is simply not a great place. I was appointed a room at the Plaza building. There are six elevators but they are all on one side! Plaza building is very large and my room is at the other end of the building, meaning that I have to walk 2 minutes just to get to the elevator. Of course I don't mind doing some exercise, but rushing between different talks and spent a lot of 2 minutes to get to the elevator just isn't great. The WIFI is *awful*, almost every hour I have to struggle for 20-ish minutes to get it work properly. I got complimentory WIFI from the conference, but imagine if someone pay a lot of bucks and get a defunct WIFI... Otherwise it is okay. Good beds, clean rooms. The hotel is located in an excellent place, with a lot of restaurants nearby; the state capitol and Denver mint is just 10 minutes walk. But unless you are coming for a conference or you have a lot of bucks I wouldn't recommend to stay at this place.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room close to the elevator if you stay in the Plaza and you don't want a lot of walks.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The location of the hotel is quite good being right of the 16th Street Mall. The hotel itself definitely shows its' age. The conference facilities and lobby are well appointed. However, the hallways to guest rooms are dark dreary, and many of the room doors need repainting/varnishing. A couple of the lights in the hallway were also burnt out for my entire stay (3 nights). My room was large since it had two double beds, but some of my coworkers had smaller rooms with kings. Beds were good and the hotel itself was quiet at night. Bathroom could have used additional cleaning and showed its age just like the rest of the building. Overall, not a bad choice in downtown Denver, but definitely better options available in the same price range. Probably deserves 3.5 stars instead of 3. I would consider returning only if other options were not available.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2013

If you are an architecture buff, you'll appreciate the hotel's tower building, an I.M. Pei designed hotel built in 1959. The hotel sits on the 16th Street Mall, an outdoor pedestrian mall lined with cafes, retail stores and historic buildings. The hotel is well maintained and the staff helpful. I was here for business but it would be well suited for families or couples on vacation. I was very pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: For the best chance to get a glimpse of the Rockies, ask for a room on the north side, 17th floor or higher.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Harry M,
We are proud to offer such a historic building for our guests to experience during their stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the rich antiquity of our I.M. Pei Tower building. Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We hope to welcome you back to our community in the future.
Tony Dunn, General Manager

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The Sheraton Denver Downtown is an adequate hotel but could do better. The location is excellent, at the end of the 16th Street Mall with numerous restaurants and shops. Unfortunately, when I asked a bellhop to recommend one my first night there, he would only name the ones in the hotel. My room had a king bed in their Tower Building across the street. The room was small as was the bathroom. There was no suitcase stand. The desk was a rolling table that fitted under a higher table that held the TV. This was a very cumbersome arrangement, especially if I rolled the table out to an open area near the door where it was too far from the hard-wired internet cable. The toilet sounded like a ship's fog horn when I flushed it, so I only did so when absolutely necessary for fear of waking other guests. I slept poorly, which I attributed to the hard bed (though it may have been the altitude). In any case, in the morning I asked for a new room and was given one with two queen beds in the main building, called the Plaza Building. This was a far better room with lots of space and a desk next to the internet cable, though it also had wireless. The wireless worked intermittently, taking a long time to recognize my laptop. Once it did, it was fine but I had to repeat the long wait every time I needed to restart the laptop. Two positives: the rooms were quiet at night and the elevators always arrived fairly quickly. The hotel has a Peet's Coffee, a Yard House, and its own restaurant. I only tried the Peet's and it was fine. I have enough experience with the Yard House in my home town to avoid it. The conference facilities in the hotel were very good except again for poor internet. I'd like to give the Sheraton 3 and 1/2 stars but it was definitely not a 4.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with two queen beds in the Plaza Building.
2  Thank Paul9876