“Perfect Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Aspen, Colorado
“Perfect Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel has perfect location in downtown Denver. Everything you need is within walking distance - nice Mall - 16th Street Mall (way cheaper than Cherry Creek, good stores), restaurants, bars, night clubs.....Perfect choice for a weekend in Denver. The rooms are spacious and clean. The bathrooms are also nice. Great service and amenities. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mariya0504
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear mariya0504,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our positioning on the world famous 16th Street Pedestrian Mall. We feel that being close to the icons that make Denver the city that it is, our guests will get the best experience of the city we call home. We hope to see you again in the future.
Tony Dunn, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Korean first
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Sheraton Downtown Denver is the largest hotel in Colorado. More importantly, it has a great location on the 16th Street Mall. The 16th Street Shuttle makes getting around extremely convenient, and it's free! Many much better than average restaurants are within easy walking distance of the Sheraton and the shuttle brings dozens of others within easy reach. Very courteous staff and great accomodations.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Tom P,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our positioning on the world famous 16th Street Pedestrian Mall. We feel that our guests are able to best experience Downtown Denver if they are within just steps of the icons that make this city what it is. We hope to welcome you back to our community again in the future.
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

This well located Sheraton is well appointed and comes with good service. It is split into 2 towers connected by a 2nd floor hallway/bridge...so if you are in the non-conference ctr tower and you want to use the gym, you have to cross the bridge and search for the gym on the other side. But the gym facilities are big, spacious, and well-equipped. The breakfast buffet (not included in room fee for me) was good. I charged breakfast to my room...when I checked out 2 hours later they had not updated to show the charge...as a good sign of service, they did not charge me for the meal! They are connected through their lobby to a great sportsbar/restaurant not owned by Sheraton (see review of Yardhouse). One side of the hotel faces the walking mall of 16th street..great for access to all of downtown Denver. The rooms in plaza tower were very spacious..no fridge though. Overall a good stay.

Dear Bo D,
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We are happy to hear you were able to experience the Sheraton Fitness powered by Core Performance. We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, and apologize for not catching our mistake on your room charges. Although it worked out in your favor, we realize it shows that we still need to be very diligent in the small details. We hope that your future journey leads you back into our community once again.
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton in the I.M. Pei tower for a meeting in the hotel. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I liked the exercise room on the street level -- the best I have seen in a hotel so far. Since the conference rooms were one floor below, it was good not to have to run across the conference areas to exercise. I did not eat in the hotel as there were many choices nearby. There were problems with the shower and the sink. I left a note regarding this for the housekeeper and it was fixed during the day while I was out.

Green Features: You can get points for not requesting room service.
Dear poidog7,
We apologize for the challenges with the sink and shower; we are pleased to hear that those were quickly taken care of. Thank you for your compliments on your recent stay. Our hope for guests whom prefer to exercise while traveling is that they are able to find an incredible array of equipment at their disposal. It sounds like you were able to fully experience that during your visit. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel for three nights in September. The rooms were clean and the beds were exceptionally comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a great location. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Bronwen655,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Even though I'm rating this property as average overall - I'll note up front that it is one of the nicer Sheratons in which I've stayed. Checkin/out was a breeze and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The location on the 16th Street Mall also is solid - especially as this hotel sits in what I consider the better part of the pedestrian mall. The hotel bar is nice and there's a Yard House literally inside the hotel with numerous other dining/drinking options just steps away. So, why the average rating? Well, the compact nature of the rooms. The worst - the bathrooms. They are, without question, the smallest bathrooms I've seen in any hotel at this level. Maybe the smallest I've seen anywhere in the States. Understandably, this is a historic property ... which likely explains it ... but they're still just so tiny. No way I'd want to have more than one person in a room. The water pressure also isn't great and the towels could use an upgrade. My room was clean with a comfy bed but it, also, was very small. It did have super high ceilings, which made it feel a bit larger, but it's still really small. Again, not ideal for more than one person (or a couple). I also had some climate control issues ... maybe, again, attributable to the historic nature of the property. The first elevator I stepped into also was the smallest hotel elevator I've seen in the US (reminded me of some in Europe) but later, I learned, there are larger - more normal-sized - elevators ... I just happened to get into the baby one upon arrival. Regardless, an OK choice overall ... just best if you are a single traveler and/or don't plan to spend much time in the room if you have someone else along.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear ellen0206,
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay. I am glad that our staff, location, restaurants and bars exceeded your expectations. I apologize that your room size was a disappointment, since we have over 1200 rooms, we do have quite a few different sized rooms for all guest needs and should you wish to return, we will be happy to secure a room with a larger bathroom and sleeping accommodation. I also apologize for the challenges you experienced with regards to your HVAC issues and water pressure, we are working on projects at this time to improve these concerns for all of our guests. If you would like to interact with me directly further, please contact me at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com.
Chuck Schuringa
Hotel Manager
Herndon, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

First, I travel for work frequently and stay in some of the best hotels...this is not one of them. Second, I am a Starwood Gold member ( previously platinum) . This property needs alot of work. I was shocked when I called guest services asking for a spoon (so I could take medicine) and was told by him (I have his name) that It was against hotel policy and that in order to get a spoon that I had to order food from room service. I was in shock and said that was ridiculous. I hung up in disgust but I called back and he answered again and I said that I really needed a spoon for my medication and he raised his voice and said "I told you we dont give those out" and slammed the phone down! Yes, He hung up on me!! I called Guest Services back and wouldnt you know...he didnt answer it...I let it ring 30 times. I then hung up , dialed 0 and asked for the night manager who I was connected to immediately. I explained the situation and of course she was embarassed. Needless to say, a spoon arrived within minutes. In addition, while this and all Starwoods are non-smoking, I complained 6 times for cigarette smoke coming into my room from the guest smoking beside me-security did nothing even though it was obvious the guest was smoking they neglected to warn or fine the guest...so I had to be moved at 11 at night to another room. A major inconvenience. Stay anywhere else in Denver.

1 Thank konaflies
Dear konaflies,
Thank you so much for taking time to complete a review of our hotel. We take such feedback seriously and I intend to act upon your comments as soon as possible. I am sorry that our staff member treated you so rudely and unprofessionally. This is not our standard and we will not allow this to recur. I would like to connect with you directly to gather more information since your review/posting is anonymous I cannot determine who you interacted with. Please e-mail me at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com and let me know the best way to speak with you. As for the smoking incident, we do not allow smoking in our guest rooms but it is not always easy to determine which room is lodging a smoker and do our best to weigh out various criteria for investigation such as time of day and location of room. When our room attendants clean the room we do report this to security and hold these guests accountable. I am sorry that this caused you challenges during your stay with us.
Chuck Schuringa
Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels