“Long walk to rooms if away from elevator”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #64 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is an average property with clean rooms. It is right on the 16th Street Mall, so it's easy to jump on the free mall bus and head down to Lodo where there is a good selection of restaurants. It's within easy walking distance of the Denver Art Musuem and the Colorado History Museum.

The layout of hotel is square with only one set of elevators at one side of the square, so if your room is on the opposite of the square you have to walk all the way around from the elevator to your hotel. I almost felt like I was staying in a big Las Vegas hotel where it can be trek to your room. If you don't want the long walk it's probably best to request a room nearer to the elevator.

This was a business trip so I wasn't disappointed with the hotel, but if planning a getaway, there are better choices in Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators if you do not want a far walk to your room. Lower rooms do not hav...
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed 1 night at the Sheraton Downtown Denver in September 2013. It's right in the middle of downtown and close to everything. Super big fitness center, several restaurants including a Yard House, and a nice lobby bar. Manuel Bonilla at the front desk was extremely hospitable, and upgraded me to a suite on a high floor after hearing about a life and death situation that I had been in earlier in the day down in Colorado Springs. I would recommend this property as it was very clean and nice, with a great staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear jackwnoho,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We feel very fortunate to have Manuel as an associate taking great care of our guests. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our community again in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

The Sheraton is a nice place with nice rooms. We had three rooms and it was a decent price for a downtown hotel that has easy access to the downtown area. The Yard House is off the lobby for some beers and bar food. Walk right out the front door and the 16th Street Mall is at your fingertips to explore. Looks like most travelers were business related and conventioneers. Convenient location....nice value....clean and secure rooms. Fit our needs for one night.

Room Tip: Inside rooms have a view of a roof and other walls of hotel...request an exterior facing room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank COparrotheads
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel is very central and at a great place right on the 16th street Mall. It is composed of two buildings, the Tower and the Plaza. I was treated as a preferred Starwood customer and put on the 22nd floor of the Tower building which apparently is the newer one and has the pool and the executive floor/lounge. The pool was nice, enclosed among buildings, but spacy and comfortable, except there were no shades for the Sun outside the 4 “bed-like” mats. No Jacuzzi and that’s always a shame … Now for the hotel: I was very disappointed with the room. I’ve paid less in bigger brand hotels for larger rooms. There was just one king bed, just about enough room to squeeze yourself around it, the drawers didn’t work, the table had to fold under the office, another set of drawers had to be tacked in in the closet and could not be sued and the bathroom was so small it had a note begging forgiveness on the mirror and asking you to go to the lobby and enjoy the internet there !!! I did like the lounge, although the opening hours are rather restrictive and the refreshments very much the same for a couple of hours each day… The wine prices were too high for such a facility. There is a nice Zoup restaurant and other cafés downstairs where you can get a 20% discount if you’re from the hotel.

1  Thank PallasParis
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear PallasParis,
We greatly apologize for your dissatisfaction in the size of our rooms and bathrooms. With the rich history this hotel brings to Denver, it also brings with it the 1959 era of hotel architecture. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The location of this hotel allows you the opportunity to enjoy many great restaurants, and while the hotel itself inside is nice, clean and roomy, my room itself was a but of a let down. It was crammed with so much stuff that is not needed, and the bathroom itself was dated and in need of an upgrade. The bed and bedding were perfect however the AC was horribly loud and again in need of upgrading. I can say that coming downtown I would stay here again, but hopefully sooner rather than later they put some money into the rooms because that is where most business travelers make their decision on coming back.

Room Tip: Try and get a view of the city facing the downtown or you will be looking down at nothing worthy of...
1  Thank wkrupa
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I attended a conference in Denver and the Sheraton was holding the conference. The room I had was in the tower portion of the hotel and the views were stunning. I was on the 20th floor and the room was very large and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hotel. The staff was very attentive and were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel but stay up high so you can see the awesome view!!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 777Donna777

Dear 777Donna777,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your most recent business stay with us as well as our rest on our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. We feel that a great night’s sleep is essential when traveling. We hope to welcome you back for business, or even a family vacation, in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed in one of the rooms with a sleeper sofa in the I.M. Pei building part of the hotel. The room was really nice because it allowed for my friends to use the two (comfy) beds while I was around the corner in a little nook with the sleeper sofa (unfortunately, not as comfortable). This is perfect for small families or groups of friends, especially if you have a snorer like me hahaha. Also, they included a TV in each area and there were independent HVAC controls in each zone. The one big downside is the bathroom was TINY! So much so that they put a sign in it to acknowledge that fact with a bit of humor. Still, it was so small that I had to leave the room to put lotion on after my shower because I felt so cramped. My friend actually bumped her head on the counter while trying to dry her legs. It's odd because the room was otherwise really spacious, so there must be a structural reason for making such small bathrooms.
Anyway, the hotel did give good service overall, but we had to call a few times to some things we needed like the sofa bed turned down and extra towels. We did get club access on the 22nd floor and that was totally worth the extra fee for the breakfast, cocktail hour snacks and the views! Finally, the location was really wonderful being right off the 16th street mall. There are plenty of places to eat or get a drink in the direct vicinity, and you could always hop the free, frequent shuttle bus that runs up and down 16th street if you want to head somewhere else.
Overall, we were pretty pleased and I would likely stay here again if I'm ever back in Denver.

Room Tip: Check to see if some of their rooms have bigger bathrooms than the ones in the I.M. Pei building...y...
1  Thank MrsSmarts
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear MrsSmarts,
Thank you for your feedback on your loyalty to the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the upgrade to the club lounge. We enjoy having a special area for our guests to unwind and enjoy beautiful views of Downtown Denver. We hope to welcome you back into our community again in the future.