“Good location.”

New Jersey
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,286 helpful votes
“Good location.”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

It is supposedly the biggest hotel in Denver and the location by the 16th Street mall is very good. There is the main building and the tower. The place is busy and seems to be hosting some big conferences at all times. The rooms are standard-nice and the views vary from unremarkable to breathtaking. We stayed in the tower, a king-bed room. The room did not have a single drawer or chest of drawers but did have a small closet. There were 2 plastic bins in what used to be a fridge compartment.There was no refrigerator anymore. I guess you could put something in those bins. The room was supposed to receive 2 bottles of complimentary water which was placed in the closet but apparently the room service forgets (staying 5 nights we got water once).
For our conference the room came with a free internet but usually you need to pay for the access except in the lobby area.
Hotel itself is beautiful and hosts nice restaurants.
Breakfast buffet and a la card is available in the lobby's "15/50" . Omelets are included in the price but you have to ask for them as there is no omelet station by the buffet.
The hotel is a bit of a maze and takes a moment to get oneself oriented. Overall it is a solid 3 and a half stars but giving it a 4 for the excellent location.

Room Tip: Tower upper floors with the view towards the mountains
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear podroznicka60,
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, as well as our positioning on the world famous 16th Street Pedestrian Mall. We feel that being close to most of Denver’s icons it gives our guests the best experience of the city we call home. Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Tony Dunn, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Denver for a conference last week. The hotel is generally very nice and in a great location for enjoying downtown Denver. I've been to many similar hotels for conferences and this one is as nice as you'd expect for a large conference/retreat.

What really made the experience great for me was the service I received upon checking in. I'd been told over the phone when booking the room that only a two double bed room was available. This was acceptable, but not quite ideal for me since I didn't need the second bed and I'm more comfortable without a second empty bed in the room, so I thought I'd ask about it. The gentleman at the front desk (his name was Michael) seemed friendly, so I asked if he might have something better. He found one room that had a single bed, but described it as kind of small. Then he found another room with a king-size bed and a mountain view. It sounded great, but the room itself turned out to be even better - very spacious with a great view and nice lay out.

Guests during the conference complimented the room and I told them I only got it because a nice guy at the front desk helped me out. It made my whole stay more enjoyable and I'll see if I can get it again when I return to Denver. A lot of people were checking in at the same time, so I felt pretty appreciative that he took the time to find what I wanted. If he'd said nothing was available, I wouldn't have complained, but getting something nicer than I expected really made me happy about the whole experience.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Scott M,
We are very pleased to hear that Michael took great care in checking you into our hotel and getting you what you wanted. We feel very fortunate to have such outstanding associates as the ‘face’ of our hotel. We are happy that we get to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future. Thank you for your feedback as well as your loyalty to the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel.
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. The lobby was great, the restaurants were wonderful, and the rooms were very clean. On top of all that greatness the location is perfect and within walking distance to so much. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Dear Meg_baca512,
Thank you for your feedback and your loyalty to the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you were able to experience some of the best of what Denver has to offer right outside our front steps on the world famous 16th Street Pedestrian Mall. We are happy we get to welcome you back to our community in the future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Nice hotel, but not much "personality." Your average large-but-good hotel. Location is terrific & I love that the free 16th Street shuttle picks up/drops off right in front of the hotel. Quality of room service food & complimentary toiletries in the bathrooms could be better. Nice place, nice decor, huge, I would stay here again. Just wished it had more character & better toiletries. Nice touch: room service guarantees food delivery in 30 min or less--although the quality of the food did tend to reflect being made really quickly. Also wished they had minibars in the rooms.

I didn't like the beds/pillows, but that's a subjective thing. Room was quiet, great view, 20th floor. 16th Street seemed like a really fun, happening area with lots of bars, restaurants & shopping.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is an average property with clean rooms. It is right on the 16th Street Mall, so it's easy to jump on the free mall bus and head down to Lodo where there is a good selection of restaurants. It's within easy walking distance of the Denver Art Musuem and the Colorado History Museum.

The layout of hotel is square with only one set of elevators at one side of the square, so if your room is on the opposite of the square you have to walk all the way around from the elevator to your hotel. I almost felt like I was staying in a big Las Vegas hotel where it can be trek to your room. If you don't want the long walk it's probably best to request a room nearer to the elevator.

This was a business trip so I wasn't disappointed with the hotel, but if planning a getaway, there are better choices in Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators if you do not want a far walk to your room. Lower rooms do not hav...
Green Features: I took advantage of the option to refuse daily housekeeping, which provides a $5.00 credit towards food purchases in the hotel or 500 Starwood points each day. I thought this was a nice option, and it helped reduce my room service bill.
North Hollywood, CA
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed 1 night at the Sheraton Downtown Denver in September 2013. It's right in the middle of downtown and close to everything. Super big fitness center, several restaurants including a Yard House, and a nice lobby bar. Manuel Bonilla at the front desk was extremely hospitable, and upgraded me to a suite on a high floor after hearing about a life and death situation that I had been in earlier in the day down in Colorado Springs. I would recommend this property as it was very clean and nice, with a great staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear jackwnoho,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We feel very fortunate to have Manuel as an associate taking great care of our guests. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our community again in the future.
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The Sheraton is a nice place with nice rooms. We had three rooms and it was a decent price for a downtown hotel that has easy access to the downtown area. The Yard House is off the lobby for some beers and bar food. Walk right out the front door and the 16th Street Mall is at your fingertips to explore. Looks like most travelers were business related and conventioneers. Convenient location....nice value....clean and secure rooms. Fit our needs for one night.

Room Tip: Inside rooms have a view of a roof and other walls of hotel...request an exterior facing room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends