“Great place for a conference!”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #64 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here for a conference in September. The room was nice and the bed very comfortable. The outdoor pool was very relaxing. The staff was friendly and courteous. The area for the conference was well laid out and the food served was generously portioned and delicious. There are many restaurants and shops located within walking distance of the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Tammy L,
WOW! What a wonderful review. I am glad that every element of your experience at our hotel exceeded your expectations. I will share your comments with our team to further encourage them to deliver the world class service they have provided to you. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed here for a conference a few weeks ago. The one positive note, and there is one, is that the front desk staff were very personable and friendly. However, they don't seem to talk to each other OR want to talk to you. The three times I had issues, NO ONE answered the phone. Both times was at app 3pm and neither guest relations nor the operator answered the phone. I cannot believe this is rated a four star hotel. This is of the level of a Super 8 or Econolodge. If they are going to offer such accomodations, they should be priced the same as 1 or 2 star hotels. Problems included:

1. parking-$27/day. Gates did not work when swiping room key. Attendant over the intercom (oh yes, and only one of the two intercoms worked so we had to back up the car and then use the other gate) told us to go to the front desk to clear up the matter. Twice we stood in a long line only to be told when we got to the clerk that we didn't really need to tell anyone because the fee would automatically be added to our bill

2. room selection- we were originally assigned a tower room so small that my husband was sitting on the bed to use the desk. I almost toppled into the tub after getting my leg stuck between the toilet and the tub as there is only a few inch space. The "dressser" in the room was laughable, the size of a minifrige with two fabric covered boxes the size of an IN/OUT basket you would put on your desk. This would fit maybe 5 pairs of socks and a scarf. I asked for, and was given, a bigger room in the plaza section. This room faced a brick wall and got absolutely zero sun. We took to calling it "the cave". I found out the next day that several of his coworkers had also requested a room change. I think they just give out these tiny, tiny rooms and hope that no one complains. ??this is their MO

3. room condition- moved to a bigger room. "The cave" had the same little mini-fridge sized dresser. I just wanted to cry. I lived out of my suitcase for the week which I placed on the floor next to my bed. Really? You can't afford dressers? You could buy two Stickley dressers for the cost of our 1 week stay! Multiple drill holes in the unit over the heater without screws. Light fixture in the ceiling had an opening bigger than the fixture so you could see up past it. Another light fizture came out of a padded wallpaper-type decoration that appeared to be water damaged. I felt like I was staying in someone's "starter home" or dorm room.

4. room maintenance-room service did not come first day until after 3:30pm when I came back from my day's activities and noted it was not done. Toilet paper was not resupplied-twice I had to ask for more. On our last day, the maid knocked promptly at 8:15 when we were trying to sleep in. Wasn't she aware it was our check out day?

5. staff responsiveness- NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE. Twice I called and let it ring over 20 times, both guest services and operator at 3 in the afternoon. Twice I trudged downstairs to ask for toilet paper and for someone to make up the room. Very annoying

6. Bathroom condition-clean BUT NO ROOM. "vanity" under the sink was screwed shut. Only opening was for towels and washclothes. There were only three very small shelves app 3x6 inches attached to the magnifying mirror. I ended up putting my things either in the other room or on top of the toilet tank

7. Bathroom function-poor. Shower pressure was poor and would alternately be freezing cold or scalding hot.

8. TV-in room movies did not work. Disabled function that allowed you to plug computer into the TV and watch movies that way.

9. beds-mattress and pillows were comfy. However, flat sheets were used on the mattresses and bed not firmly made so I felt I had to sleep in just one position otherwise the sheets would work themselved into bunches and I would be sleeping directly on the mattress (ew).

This was a "vacation" I was looking forward to very much and our room at the Sheraton pretty much ruined it for me. I would spend as much time as I could out of the room and use it mainly for sleeping. Parking stinks, rooms stinks, bathroom stinks and no one seems to care. The ridiculous dressers and lack of space in the bathroom and some of the guest rooms is very inconsiderate. I felt unwelcome and unwanted. This, even being a SPG member, which obviously counts for nothing here. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you agree to stay here. Rooms in the tower can be very small. It doesn...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear sazoram,
I am very sorry that your stay was such a negative experience. I would like to connect with you personally regarding your experience, if you are open to a telephone call, please e-mail me at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com and provide your name and a telephone number that is convenient for you to receive calls. Once again, I apologize that your stay was not what it should have been. I look forward to connecting with you.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here during a conference in November 2013. The hotel was excellently positioned for accessing the city. The staff were extremely polite and helpful.

The rooms were fantastic, with excellent coffee making facilities, extremely comfortable beds and good space.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Chris W,
Thank you so much for your kind words, we really appreciate them! I am glad that your recent stay with us was such a pleasant experience and hope that you will come and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for business. Nice location. Self parking is $27. Large property. Nice decor and furnishings. The room was very roomy. Slept very well in the bed. Unfortunately, the bathub was dirty and old in the room I had. Hairs in the tub had been overlooked. Also the tiles had pink slime growing in between them. Oh and the heating/air unit was so noisy!!!! Terrible.

• Stayed: November 2013
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear L S,
Thanks for the wonderful comments regarding our location, facility furnishing and service. I agree, our location directly on the Famous 16th St. Mall is the best of all Denver Hotels. I am also pleased to see that you slept well in our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. I am sorry that our housekeeping team missed the mark; we will provide them with feedback to understand how this mistake turned a fantastic experience into a mediocre one.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Great location for a weekend in Denver. Easy walk to the most important locations, easy parking for when you need to drive outside of downtown, and an afford Lyft/Uber ride from key nightlife. Plus, it's a more upscale hotel and extremely reasonable prices.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a beautiful facility, built partially on the foundation of an historic department store in downtown Denver. Staff are friendly. Wi-fi is VERY frustrating...almost impossible to connect, and then it randomly disconnects while you are working. A nightly "Social Hour" is advertised from 5-7 PM, which I incorrectly assumed was complimentary...until a staff person came to get my room number. Lastly, I prefer to take stairs, just for the exercise...and this is obviously not the intent at this hotel...they are un-carpeted and obviously used for activities such as grabbing a smoke or spray-painting signs...and do not open into logical places...very confusing.
Obviously, breakfast not included.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Susan A,
Thank you for the kind words regarding our facility. I agree, we have a splendid property with many options for dining and entertaining. I am also glad that our staff treated you with such kindness. I am sorry that you had issues with our internet and would like to discuss it with you so I can better understand the issues you had so they can be corrected for future guests. I also apologize that the Sheraton Social Hour was not properly communicated to you. While this is a popular program at all Sheraton’s, it is not complimentary. Our stairwells are intended for emergency egress only. I will have our maintenance teams inspect them immediately so any defects in appearance can be corrected immediately. It would be wonderful to connect with you directly so I can gather more information, if you would like to, please send me your contact information to chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel staff were extremely helpful and courteous. Room service was prompt, and the staff were helpful with directions and recommendations for meals. The room was spacious with a view of the mountains in the distance.

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business