“Great Location and Service, But ...”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #65 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 December 2013

... for every nice thing about the room, there was at least one thing wrong: we had trouble keeping the room warm - one vent blew hot air, the other cold; the closet doors stuck so we left them open; there was a burned out bulb; the refrigerator we requested was promptly delivered, but the controls didn't work so everything we stored inside froze.

One would think the Sheraton could toss in a few free amenities due to the high price for the room, so beware: you will be charged for in-room Internet service, there is no free breakfast, valet parking is $7.00 higher than self-parking. On the plus side, the staff was friendly and responsive.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk a half mile to your room from the elevator bank (like we did), request...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear PH_AlbNM,
Thank you for the wonderful words regarding our staff, I will definitely share your comments with them and the leadership team. It means a lot to us all. I am sorry that your room had some challenges, we should have caught these during our inspection process. We do offer quite a few different packages that do include parking, breakfast and internet along with the price of the room. The next time you are planning on coming to Denver, please contact us and we can set you up with a package that works best for your needs.
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,529)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Traveled to Denver to celebrate my birthday the end of September. Spent 2 nights at the Ritz-Carlton feeling a little disappointed with the service and quality. Moved to the Sheraton the last night and WOW! Booked through Priceline at a steal so I wasn't sure what to expect, the pool was breath taking and so enjoyable. It rivaled any of the pools I have seen in Vegas and I was able to enjoy everything they had to offer without extra cost. Very impressive. A gem! The location and service were superior to the Ritz Carlton as well. I would forego the Ritz and stay at the Sheraton in the future.

Room Tip: Fire alarms seem to be an issue here and our stay had a 1 am alarm that told us to remain in our roo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Petulia81
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Petulia81,
First and foremost, Happy Birthday! We are delighted to have hosted this memorable time in your life and are pleased to hear you enjoyed with us. We greatly appreciate your loyalty to the Sheraton and Starwood Hotels and Resorts. Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed a couple of nights for a conference held downstairs in the same location. I was in the Plaza building and it appeared that it had been renovated recently. My room was large and we'll suited with a desk, fridge, flat panel TV, and the little single serve coffee maker. The bathroom was roomy. I was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. They have a couple of good restaurants in-house and when it was about 10 below it was nice to be able to stay in. I was very happy with the service and stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Glen_Ramsey,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the many options for dining right on our property; it certainly makes a difference with the temperature drops lately! We hope that you visit us once again should you find yourself in Denver in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Recently attended a conference at this property. Rooms are in need of renovation, bathrooms are small, some funky odors around the hallways. On a positive note, the hotel is well located within downtown. Not the end of the world staying here if you must, but not recommended.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear JefferyBusiness,
Thank you for the time you took to provide us with feedback. I agree with you, we do have the best location of any of the Denver Hotels, located directly on the famous 16th Street Mall. Due to the anonymous nature of your review, I cannot directly address your concerns regarding your accommodations. I can say that being the largest hotel in the state offers us the opportunity to offer our guests a variety of room sizes and configurations allowing our customers to customize their experience with us. If you would like to connect with me directly so I can personally apologize as well as make arrangements for you to have the best room to meet your needs during your next stay, please e-mail me your contact information at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Our family of 4 recently visited Denver to see a performance of the Nutcracker. Andy checked us in and he was very friendly, efficient and helpful. The suite was gorgeous and we had a great view of the twinkly lights out of several different windows. The valet parking is expensive, but it was so nice to not have to worry about anything and it was worth every penny in my opinion! We never had to wait more than 2 minutes for our car. We also loved the pool (open even in winter) and the location on the 16th Street Mall is perfect. Bed was crazy comfortable! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear ebsco,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with your family. Our mission is to provide a service unlike any other in Denver and we are happy to hear that all around, we were able to meet your expectations. We hope that if you are in Denver again, you allow us to host your stay once more. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a conference for five nights in November 2013. I was in the Tower block, which took some getting to from the lobby. The main part of the hotel may be OK for all I know, but my room was shabby and badly in need of modernisation and renovation. The bathroom was especially bad.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the Tower!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Simon C,
Thank you for providing us with feedback so we can improve. I am sorry that your room accommodations did not exceed your expectations. While we did undergo a significant renovation in 2009, your room may have some areas to be worked on that I am unaware of and would like to address. If you are open to speaking with me on the phone, please send me your contact information to chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com and I will apologize personally as well as gather information I can use to ensure the room is repaired.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay as we got our room on priceline for a reduced rate. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been as nice of an experience. The ceiling in our shower was in disrepair and the tub was not super clean- hair and razor cap left in tub. Parking was ridiculously expensive and our key cards did not work to enter and exit the garage although they said they would. It is a nice, pretty building in a great location. There is a ton of great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear ChefKatiePie,
Thank you so much for wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. I agree that we have a great location with many wonderful restaurants, lounges and other attractions including the Denver Art Museum. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed our wonderful historic IM Pei Tower, many of our guests enjoy the subtle nuances of this wonderful historic monument. I am sorry that you felt the parking fees to be high; we try our best to ensure that our prices are competitive in the city. I am also sorry that your room was not properly prepared for your arrival. I will pass this information on to our Housekeeping leadership. If you would like to follow up with me directly, please send me your contact information at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com.