“Nice place to say, but service somewhat lacking”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #67 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was booked in this hotel for a week for business purposes. The hotel was nicely located to many shops, restaurants, and within walking distance to the convention center. I got locked out of my room one evening due to both keys not operating and had to be escorted by security to get my photo ID (which was also locked in my room). The daily cleaning service left much to be desired. There were days I didn't have a washcloth. I had to leave notes to ask for a glass/cup. A dirty plate and cup sat for days in my room, and I eventually had to set it outside the door to be taken away. I would say it was a decent place to stay. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable on a positive note, and the noise wasn't too bad. I didn't see any sort of breakfast and the wifi reception was poor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Fana B, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Michelle K,
Thank you for staying with us during your business travel. We appreciate your feedback and will look into your concerns. We are glad you found the bed and pillows comfortable. We hope to see you again in the future.
Tony Dunn/General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,510)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location at Denver, I was able to hop on the free shuttle, state capitol and nearby shoppings are walking distance, also walkable to uptown where there's more dining options. check in was pleasant, rooms are huge at the tower building, i love the walk in closet and floor to ceiling windows for the entire room on my 12th floor room where i stayed. I also like the incentive of $5 voucher per day for no maid service, and you can still ask them to empty the trash or anything that you might need. bed, pillows, and high threads count linens are very comfortable, it also comes w a price of course! With the discounted conference price, we were charged $20 extra per person, plus tons of other tax other than sales taxes. There's an outdoor pool on the 7th floor of Tower building, I was told it's heated but no one were there and the water was pretty cool when i touched it. it'll be nice if it has a sauna or steam room, I was exhausted every day after my conference. There are two restaurants on site that's pretty good, and a bar on the lobby. Overall, it's a good location and good amenities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and amenities. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good central location - Meeting rooms for the Conference worked well as did the social space.

Pro: It has good access to restaurants - Yard House and Peets coffee is connected, as well as the pub and its on the walking mall so you can go out the door and find quick access to restaurants, etc. Close to the Hard Rock Café.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear AnenueFoch P,
Thank you for your stay during you conference. We are happy that your enjoyed the meeting space as well as amenities of the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great stay, clean, beautiful hotel. In town for a week for a convention. Close to the 16th street mall area and trolley that runs up and down for ease. Loved the area! Would stay again! Also, having a Pete's coffee was a big plus and if that's not enough Starbucks is across the street.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear tracylynh,
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We appreciate you thoughtful comments. Most of all we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and Pete’s coffee. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Best location in Denver. 16th street mall has all of the entertainment you want including restaurants and shopping. Yardhouse restaurant in the hotel has great Jambalaya and beers. Emily Hemming helped me with entertainment and was very informative which lead to a great weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Miles B,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to find entertainment with the help of Emily. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This property is a huge convention property with two buildings. The tower building is being renovated I'm told, so I was put in the low rise very spread out plaza building. The associate checking me in went out of his way to give me a choice of rooms which I appreciated. Unless I'm overlooking a loud mechanical apparatus or garbage dump, I prefer space over view. The room was clean and well laid out if not a bit frayed around the edges. Housekeeping did a great job, including doing my room early on a day I knew I'd be back early.
Everything worked except for the clock radio which was extremely dim, even in the dark with no way to change the setting. There is a good coffee shop in the lobby and a great selection of places to eat and drink on the same block.
I got an extremely good rate for three nights making it a great value for the money. Definitely worth it if the savings are there and this is the level of property you want.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

1 night stay as flying out of DIA. Great clean, spacious, well appointed room. Had the buffet breakfast which was pretty good. Unfortunately the lounge, gym etc were closed but there's loads of great things near by.

Try the Mix Lounge if you can - great cocktails.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Fana B, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear HelenFromUK T,
Thank you for staying with us on your way out to DIA. We invite you back when you have more time to enjoy the amenities of the hotel.