Stayed four nights while visiting the downtown Denver sights.
+ Gorgeous first impression with the chic lobby
+ Professional front desk staff, efficient check-in
+ Paid extra for a king corner mountain view room and was delighted even being on a low floor
+ Great layout, 3x the size of a normal room with a large walk-in closet leading to the bathroom
+ Oversized bedroom with a mini-sofa, ottoman and coffee table in one corner, tons of space around the bed
+ Perfect bed, comfortable linens and long pillows, far from hallway, slept great
+ Nice glass work desk area facing the mountains
+ Oversized glass windows enabling significant sunlight; effective blackout blinds rendered the room dark
+ Efficient A/C unit kept the room cool in the brutal heat
+ Appreciated the mini fridge and safe
+ Beautiful modern bathroom with nice tiling and quality toiletries
+ Free wifi for SPG members
+ As part of SPG's Green initiative, they offer 500 points or a $5 restaurant credit each day for those declining housekeeping service
+ Loved the food at Yard House restaurant and their impressive tap selection (there are half a dozen other options in the hotel)
+ Free 16th St. shuttle was very useful for getting to the LoDo district, Coors Field and the many lively spots. There are also free shuttles running along 18th and 19th
+ While the rates are egregious in the summer, they are fair relative to comparable hotels in downtown Denver
- Zero hotel information in room. Arriving at night after a long flight, was unsure when bar/restaurant/room service ended. There was no room service card either. Upon investigation I learned one must access any information through a channel on the TV. Odd there is no notation of this anywhere
- Housekeeping did not speak any English
- Toilet had a very weak flush - had to hold lever down a few seconds each time
- Slightly crooked bathroom counter angled towards the floor ensured any water around the sink quickly found its way to the floor right where one would stand
- Participated in the Green program but was never credited with anything. I think housekeeping have a hard time keeping up with issuing proper credit even though it saved them a tremendous amount of work!
- Business center is a strange setup, it's actually a manned store just off the main check-in with limited hours. Just another cash grab. Saw it closed during the day with a "back at ..." sign
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel, but this is largely attributed to the room I chose and minimizing my reliance on others.
Note: There is a significant homelessness problem in downtown Denver. Be prepared to see swarms of vagrants riding the shuttles, camping out on the streets and harassing you for money. In dozens of major North American/European cities visited, Denver tops the list. Why are local governments and authorities apathetic to what is clearly a major problem?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel invites you to experience the best of The Mile High City. Located on a mile-long pedestrian promenade filled with outdoor bistros, shopping and entertainment and situated in the heart of Denver's financial and business district, we're superb choice for both. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Denver
- Adams Mark Denver
- Adamsmark Denver
- Denver Sheraton