“Great Hotel”

Ranked #67 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Wexford, Ireland
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 night in September. We had no complaints whatsoever. Its in a perfect location and very reasonable priced. Our room was lovely. Staff were also very nice and helpful. If we ever go back to Denver we will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Korean first
Houston
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was hesitant to stay here as I had read reviews about no hot water and such. But we had to stay here for a work trip of my boyfriends. I got to the room about 11:30pm and found someone's underwear behind the bathroom door. Seriously. At least they were black and not white so I couldn't see how dirty they were. It immediately made me question how clean the room was and the cleanliness of the sheets. Ugh. We informed the staff during the day time, they came to clean the room, yet LEFT THE UNDERWEAR. Clearly the person we spoke to didn't relay the message to their cleaning staff. And it seems the staff doesn't check the cleanliness of the entire room if they missed it TWICE. We had to call down again to get someone to come. It was disappointing because we had addressed to the staff concerns that had risen from online reviews before the trip, and the staff still failed at making things okay. Aside from underwear in the room, it isn't a bad hotel. Location is okay for walking to the train/rail. Breakfast buffet is a nice variety, and it's free (included in your room cost).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
DenverComfortInn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear xjewelersx,

Thank you for your motivation to comment on your stay with us. I would like to take a moment and apologize on behalf of our entire staff for failing to inspect your room properly. We make every attempt with comprehensive inspections to reduce and eliminate situations like the one you faced.
We would be appreciative for the opportunity to show you that the experience you had was far from representative of the excellent job our housekeeping does to make sure that every guest receives a clean and comfortable guest room. I would be honored to speak with you personally. We sincerely hope that you will join us again so you may have a superior experience.

Regards,
Brandt Ellwood
Bellwood@denvercomfortinn.com
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed here as part of a Cosmos/Archers tour and as such had no dealings with reception. The hotel was clean and comfortable and ideally only one block away from 16th Street where all the restaurants and bars are and a free shuttle that travels along the street. The complimentary breakfast was of a very good standard with lots of choice. A good start to our tour.

Warren, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here to attend a Rockies game. The hotel was very nice and staff was excellent. Food in the morning was good breakfast fare. Always dislike giving up control of our vehicle through valet parking, but the parking staff was great, said we could come and go as we liked. It is a little far to walk to Coors Field, but figured out the 16th St. free shuttle and that helped immensely, especially after the game when we were tired.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have windows almost all the way around. Beautiful views!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Booked the hotel simply because it was in a good location and it was cheap. Ended up with so much more, great and helpful hotel staff, the quality of the breakfast was great considering the fact that it was free. I knew we would make it to the hotel way before check-in time so I just expected to be able to lock my bags up some place. To my surprise there was a room available and they had upgraded my room preference as well. Free internet!!! Updated room! Although small. What more can you ask for?

Oxford
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We arrived late...11:30 pm, and didn't realize we were given an upgrade from a regular room to a suite on the 22nd. floor until I walked into the room...a pleasant surprise. I don't know the reason and didn't ask. Maybe they had sold out of the regular rooms? This hotel is in the center and walking distance of everything. Just 1 block from 16th street mall, a few blocks from the art museum, mile high capital, mint, restaurants and much more. I couldn't have asked for a better hotel experience and they also provided a good free breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

The employees here are just awesome. Christina, Charity, Carter, the valet, and everyone else I bumped into were just wonderful. Deborah is awesome and took care of my billing issues like a champ. Taylor is a snob and I dont think she likes her job very much but the rest of the staff made up for it. The rooms are quite small and have no fridge/microwave-they are fine of you are not staying very long. An extra toilet paper should be placed in the rooms and I recommend conditioner. It is weird that the outlets dont work unless the lights are on (not very green but im sure its an old building) The eggs are horrible, I would take them off the menu, no one I was with could eat them. All in all this is a great location, the hotel is very clean (although someone really needs to clean behind the ice machines) and staff rocks! I would return.

• Stayed September 2013