“stay over”

Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown
Ranked #74 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The staff at this hotel was not friendly at all. This was the holiday (christmas) and it was the worst stay ever. The room smelled like mold. There were no trash bags for the trash buckets. There breakfast was ok sauages smelled spoiled. I am a choice hotel member and this hotel is not worth staying at.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jewls707

Reviewed 1 December 2013

So I took my Girlfriend up to Denver to see the Avalanche game we live in Colorado Springs. I was Checked in by Rob his Service was great. We arrived around two I asked for the highest room possible He informed us that he had us on the 12th floor but offered us a free upgrade to a Suite on the 20th floor complimentary just to fit our needs. This made our experience one we will remember for a long time. Given I am a Choice Employee and had a Decent Rate I was not expecting the upgrade this just goes to show you that they are about 100% Satisfaction which I love and the Valet was a little pricy but worth it the guys are great I will be coming back in the future!

Room Tip: Get up high the View is amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Skyler B
DenverComfortInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Skyler B,

We sincerely appreciate you took the time to recognize the exceptional service that Rob provides. We look forward to sharing your comments with him during our next stand-up. We are truly grateful for your accolades and look forward to seeing you soon in the future.

Brandt Ellwood
Front Office Manager
Bellwood@denvercomfortinn.com

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The location is great to get out and walk about Downtown Denver. We were in town for 1 night to catch a show at Red Rocks and just wanted to be close enough to hit up a bar or restuarants before/after. We were supposed to share a room with another couple but opted for our own room about a month before the trip. We were SOOO grateful when we arrived! The room itself is tiny. Add on the fact that the bathroom door is a sliding barn door - I would never have been comfortable in such close quarters - even if they are family! While I can appreciate the decor style, the door is so flimsy it offers little to no privacy. Breakfast was ok - again tight quarters in the actual service area, but a nice lobby area to eat. Don't expect a lot of options, but you won't go hungry.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank schawaii1001
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Great location. At check in they had me in the wrong room, different from what I booked. They changed the room and it was "ready" for us. Halls and room were definitely dated, but that was okay. After valeting the vehicle, that was expensive, we dropped our bags and went shopping all day. Upon returning for the evening we found a mystery sock on the floor near the bed. Clearly the room had not been properly cleaned. We let the front desk know and their response was that they could call security...? The next morning after a shower I did not feel any cleaner than when I went in the shower. The water did not drain. Oh, and every time someone flushed the toilet or ran water not only was it very loud, but you could hear the other room when they did the same. You could even hear it from the hallway.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Location in downtown Denver was good. Within blocks of the outdoor mall. Kind of hard to get to, had to go around the block several times.
Expensive Valet parking only.
Rooms are small. Bathrooms are small. Bed is hard, but if that's your thing, you'll sleep well.
Good for the price, if all you're doing is needing a place to sleep downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We arrived after a bad traffic jam.... No ones fault, but we wanted to stay another night. I asked at check in.... They said they were full. When we came back from dinner, they said they just sold their last room! Why did they not let us know. So I was worried all night about moving my family. I called in the morning and after 20 minutes, they said they could extend my stay. But when I returned from an couple of hours on the town they had no record of my request! They extended my stay and doubled my price because of a conference. They had no sympathy and the manager refused to speak to me. They have a good location but that is it. Their service on a basics level is poor. They cannot even handle the simple tasks that a hotel should. The hallways are drab, the wall paper is peeling, nod the carpet reminds me of a horror movie for the 80s. I wish I would have spent the extra 30 bucks and stayed at the Hyatt. Stay away from this hotel because all they are interested in is your money and nothing else. Denver rules and the comfort inn drools

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Ian M
BPManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Ian,

After our phone conversation I just wanted to reach out once more and express my apologies for your experience at our hotel. We always strive to provide a flawless hotel experience and regret the you were disappointed with our service. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with our management team.

Regards,
M. Pitton
Managing Director

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This was my 1st time in Downtown Denver. As I came in early, I needed a hotel for 1 night before hooking up w/my friends who were coming in for the weekend. I found this hotel at the last minute and I totally lucked out.

The 2 front desks clerks were very nice and courteous. The day I checked in on Sept.12.2013, she was polite and did excuse herself as she was helping someone on the phone. When she finished, she walked me through the check-in process. As I needed to hurry up and get ready to attend a function, she made the process prompt. Once I came back down, I needed some advice on how to get to the venue I needed to go to and she was very nice and through w/the directions...even provided me w/a map. There was even chocolate chip cookies offered at the front desk! A+ all the way! :D

About the room, I was given a corner room w/a view of the city. The room & bathroom was very nice, kept, & clean. The bed & pillows were comfy and the tv was a large flat screen. The bathroom was kinda cramped but it was suitable for 1 person.

The ONLY minut issues I had(& I had informed the front desk clerk at checkout about them) was that the shower was leaking & hafway through the night the tv remote control stopped working. Since the battery compartment used screws to keep it closed, I was not able to change the batteries myself.

The hotel is only a block away from the 16th Street Promanade. The 1 block area is quiet & I felt very safe in there.

After that night's function, my 2 friends & I walked back to the hotel. They both needed a cab and the hotel was nice enough to call them 1.

I did have their breakfast in the morning. They had the usual spread that you would find at other chains that offer a wide spread of items- cereal, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, 2 types of fruit juice, 3-4 types of breads, jams/jellies, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, etc. I ended up being the last 1 to eat there and I was still able to get ample amount of items. The 2 breakfast attendants were nice.

When I come back to Denver, I would definitely come back to this hotel. Superb stay! :D

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo