“Great value for money”

Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown
Ranked #74 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Last minute we were able to get a small room. very good use of space. liked the clean modern decoration. love the blueberry raspberry water at the front desk ( and M&ms). with AAA discount and breakfast included comprising scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles gor those who like a sustaining breakfast. Perfect location from which to check out the entertainment on 16th St. Too!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Tripinfo1

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel staff are excellent! They were very polite and professional. The valet men were very polite and prompt. However, $31.00 per day valet parking is very expensive. The complimentary breakfast was very poor quality. The eggs were tasteless, the potatoes were greasy, rubbery and tasteless. The breakfast staff was polite.

The rooms were cleaned well. We were initially put into a room with a known broken thermostat so had no control over the temperature. However, after complaining we were put into a different room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Comfort Inn may not be the fanciest hotel, but you can't beat the location. It's just a block from 16th Street Mall where you have a ton of shopping and dining options. We walked everywhere! The room is smaller, but not uncomfortable for the two of us. The gym is incredible! Free weights, machine weights and plenty of cardio equipment. The breakfast area was spacious and not overwhelming busy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The mile-high stopover off the Amtrak Zephyr from San Francisco was a big success. It is easily reached from the new Union Station or bus station using the free 16th Mall buses and a short walk to the Capitol, museum, art gallery and shopping centre.

Friendly, clean, quiet and comfortable with a decent breakfast thrown in, this is a good place to stay. It's attached to Brown's for upmarket services.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I am disappointed in my experience and the lack of follow up afterwards. My initial room was 2 queen beds which is ridiculously small. I requested a different room with a King bed and they accommodated me immediately. The room was nice and I was under the impression the remainder of my visit would be as well. I discovered upon check in there was no soap in the room. When we returned from Dinner I stopped to obtain some soap. I then noticed there was no conditioner and only one drinking cup and one coffee cup. I thought perhaps they forgot to stock. When I got into bed I discovered a toenail clipping. I immediately requested a complete bed change (it was so late they didn't have all the appropriate linen but at least the housekeeper was pleasant and tried to accommodate the best he could)and have my bathroom re-cleaned. After that fiasco 45 minutes later when I attempted to relax the remote did not work, I dressed, went downstairs and asked to speak it the manger, He made some small financial accommodations and assured me everything would be rectified in the morning. the next day I returned to find a note of apology, champagne, and strawberries. I was impressed with the recovery. Unfortunately, the glasses, dishes and ice bucket sat there until we left 5 days later. In the meantime, I had random missing supplies, ice bucket liners, cups, etc. I decided to contact corporate when I returned home. I called, spoke to a nice gentleman who could not find my reservation anywhere! Really???? After 25 minutes he said he couldn't do anything else until he found my reservation and would have to call me back. I then went on-line to submit a complaint. Completed all the mandatory field including my reservations number and hotel names. Two days later I received an email requesting all the information I had filled out. I later spoke with the same gentleman who still could not find my reservations. Bottom line, I cancelled a reservation I had for another comfort Inn next month and will now never stay there again. Nice people, terrible process. Housekeeping at this facility needs to step it up.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay, stay in rooms with King size bed. Check it before you get into it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Michriders
DenverComfortInn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear MichRiders,

On behalf of our entire staff, please let me extend to you my apologies for not creating the experience that we strive for. I am truly sorry that you did not find your room amenities stocked to your liking. I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss your stay personally. Please contact me at bellwood@denvercomfortinn.com.

Brandt Ellwood
Denver Comfort Inn

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Definitely a nicer Comfort Inn, which I think benefits from being associated with the Brown Palace hotel next door (they're connected via a bridge too), a very upscale hotel. Everything here seems to be one notch better than other Comfort Inns that I've stayed at. Breakfast is still just ok, but it has a good hotel gym and probably the best I've seen in a Comfort Inn or similar (a little cramped but equipment is in good shape and good variety).
Within easy walking distance of most things downtown, or take the free 16th St mall shuttle just one block away.
I've had very different style rooms there from the traditional to very new/contemporary. Not sure if they've been remodeling or if there is just that much variety.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff were helpful. They served a hot breakfast complete with eggs, sausage, coffee, etc starting at 6:30 m and during they day they had fruit infused water and a canister full of M and M's- The rooms war modern and clean. It was located in very good location a couple blocks from the convention center and walking distance to many restaurants. If going to Denver for a convention I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business