“Location, location, etc.”

Ranked #61 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Switzerland
“Location, location, etc.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Centrally located, friendly staff, ok rooms - I was very happy with my hotel choice. As so often, wifi could have been faster and breakfast could have been better. And the best thing is taking a nightcap in the splendid surroundings of the Brown Palace hotel right next door which can be reached via a passage directly from the Comfort Inn's second floor.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I am so pleased we stayed at the Downtown Comfort Inn! The location is excellent as are the accommodations! Our room was extremely clean, the beds and pillows were amazing and the hotel staff could not have been more friendly or knowledgeable. Great view too!!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Alpine, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was very frustrated when we entered our room to discover that instead of one king, we were given two double beds. They gave us a new room the next day, but the best they could do was one queen. There was no refrigerator for our restaurant leftovers, and they wanted to charge us an additional $15 to bring one up. One of two elevators for a 22-story hotel was broken for most of our stay, making frustrating waits to get down to breakfast and back to the room in time for early meetings. My door key stopped working one morning making me late to a meeting as it took so long to get down to the front desk and back to the room again. The water in the second room we got took forever to get hot, and the drain didn't drain. There was also no fan in the bathroom so the mirror steamed up and couldn't be used. The breakfast hours were lame (couldn't get breakfast before 6:30 am) and the eggs were lousy. Although the room was clean and the bed comfortable, this was a very unsatisfactory hotel experience for us. I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Clementa F
DenverComfortInn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Clementa F,

Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay at the Comfort Inn Downtown. I apologize that you did not have the quality stay that we strive for and that your experiences with the breakfast, room key and plumbing in your room may have cast your stay in a negative light. I would be grateful for a further moment of your time if you are willing to contact me personally. I look forward to hearing from you.

Brandt Ellwood
Front Office Manager
Bellwood@denvercomfortinn.com
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My expectations for a hotel so well positioned to take in Denver's Mall and excellent restaurants and shop were well met. Mostly. I'm struggling to recall one big city hotel that I've ever stayed in that offers breakfast the Comfort Inn way. Yes, it's a complimentary breakfast but that's where the good cheer ends. This is a breakfast served entirely on plastic and consumed with plastic implements. Call me a travel novice but I associate eating off plastic with being in jail after you've murdered your mother. How could such a well-appointed hotel stoop to this level? Sure crockery is expensive, it has to be washed but so does bed linen. I hated having to toss a cubic foot of plastic refuse in the bin at the end. What does this say about the Comfort Inn's green credentials? I've subsequently discovered the Comfort Inn is not alone with its Plastic Policy. This, it seems, says more about America and its throwaway standards and junk culture. I wonder if Denver's Comfort Inn would dare trash its plastic forever and re-instate a bit of crockery class.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roger C
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We were just looking for a place to stay while attending a show in downtown Denver. Reasonably priced and friendly staff. We did encounter a few problems during our stay, but they were resolved quickly and satisfactorily.

Rooms are small! Which again was fine for what we needed, but wouldn't want to share a room with someone I didn't know well, no real privacy in the room/bathroom.

All in all, it wasn't bad. If you don't need a lot of room and just need a bed to crash in, not a bad choice for downtown Denver.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 9 February 2015
Dear amanol,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your positive feedback about the friendly staff at the hotel as well as their prompt response to the problems you encountered during your stay. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable that you were let down by the bathroom design and room size. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend while on vacation in Colorado. The location of this hotel is very convenient to the 16th street mall and downtown Denver. The room was very small but comfortable enough since we only were in it to sleep. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated but seems to give more attention to its sister hotel, the Brown Palace. The breakfast selection was limited and did not look very appetizing. I gave it a shot, but found myself walking down the street for something different. The price for parking at this hotel is insane. We decided to use a parking garage one block away and paid half the price for 24 hour parking. I understand there is limited parking options being in a downtown area, but is it necessary to overcharge just because of these limited options? I would stay here again if the price was right, but shop around before making your decision.

Room Tip: Find a parking garage in the immediate area, do not settle for their overpriced parking.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear KLTravels88,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to hear your positive feedback about the level of cleanliness, comfortable room and convenient location of the hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. It is regrettable to hear you were let down by the limited breakfast selection and parking rates. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. We always appreciate comments from our guests, and we will use this feedback in making decisions about our future pricing strategies.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Newburyport, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had the pleasure of spending 6 days and nights at the Ccomfort Inn Downtown in Denver. Comfortable room, excellent service and a great location made my week at a convention a real,pleasure. I would gladly come back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business