“Enjoyed our Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown
Ranked #72 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 26 June 2009

We stayed at the Comfort Inn so we'd be within walking distance of a favorite restaurant. It had the best rates downtown and the reviews were acceptable. The front desk staff was amazingly nice and friendly and the room was comfortable. We had a free upgrade to a suite and that was a nice surprise. We were on the 16th floor so possibly it wasn't as noisy as others complained about. We did hear fire trucks a few times but I've never stayed in a downtown hotel where I couldn't hear the street noise.
An added bonus was the free happy hour complete with a chair massage thrown in.

Breakfast wasn't that great but we've had worse hotel breakfasts. Season the eggs and it would be much better. The only negative we encountered was the $20 charge for parking that was unadvertised when I made reservations. Not a nice welcoming gift.

Otherwise, I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 June 2009

There are plenty of pros for this hotel (as you can see from the other reviews), but the fact that you cannot get any rest at night vastly outweighs them all, and makes this place a terrible place to stay at.
The doors to the rooms are very heavy and slam every single time. There's also this huge space under the door, so of curse you can hear every time a person is going in or out. You can hear the elevator noise, just as if you were in elevator shaft; then of course, you have the drunks coming to their rooms at 2 am and ordering room service; you can hear that too; you can hear when someone in the next room flushes the toilet or takes a shower. For two consecutive nights we could hardly sleep, and I wear earplugs! So if you actually want to rest a night and get some sleep, this is NOT the place for you. No matter how fancy a place is, you cannot enjoy any of it if you haven't slept properly in two days.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2009

We stayed at this hotel on the last night of our Colorado vacation to catch a Rockies game and fly out of Denver airport the next morning. This was our first visit to Denver and we were looking for a cheap (okay, I said it!) room downtown withing walking distance to Coors Field. We were very pleasantly surprised by the friendly valet and front desk staff. Our room was on the corner, a curved wall of windows around two entire walls offered a great view of the city. The bathroom was small and water temperature flucuated during a shower, but only slightly. Other reviews mentioned the noise problems, and we did hear slamming doors at times, but during the night it was very quiet. I was awakened by a very loud garbage truck just before sunrise though. The breakfast is decent, more than expected - scrambled eggs (powdered), sausage, potatoes, waffles and everything else you normally find in a free breakfast. The location of this hotel is great, just a block from the 16th street pedestrian mall. There's a free shuttle bus that takes you from one end to the other, but we ended up walking the whole way to the game and back because there are so many shops and restaurants along the way. Also, I felt very safe at 11:00 at night here. For the money, this is the best value for a downtown hotel - including breakfast! Oh, and it didn't take 15 minutes to get our car, as another reviewer stated. Maybe 5 at the most.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2009

A friend and I met in Denver for a "girls' getaway weekend". I made the reservation on-line, using the "Best Guaranteed Internet Rate" link and obtained a room for $65/night. Even with both of us valet parking our cars at $20 each per 24 hours, it was still a great deal. When I checked in, the room I was given was clean, but it was obvious there were some repairs in progress in the bathroom. When I called the front desk, the employee apologized and asked me to return to the lobby for another room key. She was extremely apologetic, and upgraded us to a suite to compensate for the "inconvenience". The suite had a large area with office desk and chair, sofa, chair, coffee table and TV. The bedroom had two double beds, a night stand, another TV, and a good-sized closet. The bathroom was was a bit small compared to the size of the suite, but it did have a full-size bathtub/shower. A continental-plus breakfast (eggs, pancakes, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, beverages) was included in the price. We ate there the first morning, but walked to the 16th Street Mall for something different the second day. This hotel is in a great location and we felt safe walking in the area after dark.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2008

I stayed for five nights at the Comfort Inn Downtown Denver due to its affordable rate and proximity to the Pepsi Center. The standard rooms are small, but that is expected in a downtown hotel. Breakfast consisted of powdered eggs, sausage, cereal, breads, juice and awful coffee. I later found an automated mocha/hot chocolate dispenser around the corner in the breakfast room. The hallways seemed a bit outdated (wallpaper, doors, room numbers, etc.) The beds looked new and were firm. Located one block from the 16th Street Mall, it is convienient to shopping, dining, and sport/concert venues. Parking is valet only at $20 per night. The overall service was prompt and pleasant. After snowboarding at Loveland, I was looking forward to sitting in a hot tub, which one was not available, nor was a pool. The exercise room had enough equipment to complete a full circut. The hotel has a walkway to the adjacent Brown Palace Hotel. Another negative was it's lack of a fridge in the room. A microwave is available in the lobby. I hope this review is useful. I would stay here again if ever traveling to Denver again.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank OutdoorEnthusiast14
Reviewed 20 October 2008

I had read other reviews about the noise in this place - but now I have had the (dis) pleasure of experiencing it first hand. I am normally a heavy sleeper, but did not manage to sleep more than a couple hours at a time in this place. Every time someone would go in or out of a room on my floor it would be followed by a very audible slam. If it wasn't the doors slamming shut, it was the elevator noise. If you decide to stay here, I would HIGHLY recommend ear plugs!

The room itself was clean but VERY small. I didn't expect a large suite, but I thought it would be bigger.

I would also recommend finding an alternative to parking at the hotel. They charged 20$ per night - which seems very high for a Comfort Inn. And, it took about 15 minutes just to get my car every time I needed to drive somewhere.

One thing that the Comfort Inn did have going for itself is the location. It was only a couple of blocks from lots of shopping and restaurants. My girlfriend absolutely loved it. It also offered free breakfast that was surprisingly good.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Monsonju
Reviewed 2 October 2008

In case you don't read any further than the first paragraph, Breakfast is included for all bookings at this hotel, do not pay extra to some websites for it, we paid £60 for the room only, on the same website they wanted £100 for room and breakfast, but nobody checks, so we got breakfast as well, so don't pay any extra!

The hotel is in an excellent location, 1 block from the 16th Street Mall from which most things downtown seem to happen.

The lobby check in area is small, but here are plenty of seats, breakfast is also served just off the lobby, they had cereals, juice, coffee, tea, croissants, muffins, toast and a toaster, yoghurts, scrambled egg, bacon and fried bread, for free it was excellent.

There are 22 floors I think, the lifts are old but quick once you get in.

The hallways were a bit bare.

Not a bad size room, the bathroom was small, with the lever to flush the toilet hidden above the sink, there was plenty hot water.

The bed was comfortable with a good matress topper on for extra comfort.

The air con/heater took awhile to suss out as you had to really press the button hard to get it to work!

The room was clean and had a writing table and chair, TV, wardrobe, ironing board and iron as well as a clock radio.

For the price it was a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple