“Robbed by the Housekeepers!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown

Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown
Ranked #59 of 154 Hotels in Denver
colorado
“Robbed by the Housekeepers!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

I wish you could give a hotel 0 stars, because this one deserves it. We stayed for three nights, while we were gone during our last day there, housekeeping came in and completely cleared ALL of our property out of the room. When we got back to the room they had no idea where our stuff was! After the night security insisted that one of us had taken it, and that they would "Never do that" we were forced to wait to the morning with none of our property just to find out what happened. In the morning they finally figured out what they had done with our stuff but only returned some of it. They stole unopened bottles of alchohol and semi-precious stones from us and just gave our clothes back. The security guard in the morning was incredibly rude and treated us as if we were the theives. I am the manager at a hotel myself, and if any of my staff acting remotely like these people did, they would be fired on the spot. NEVER stay at this hotel. It's a nice building but that doesn't cover the ghetto thugs that work there.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank wizardofohm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2009

This hotel did not rate above a "C" with us.
Value: We paid $112.00 for an AARP rate plus tax plus the $20 valet parking for two nights totalling$297 for two nights.
The location being a block from the 16th street mall and near downtown attractions was excellent and convenient.
The included breakfast was adequate.
The hotel was clean. The elevator got backed up often and was slow.
The air conditioning was thermostat controlled and despite any of our efforts and instructions from the front desk, it remained uncomfortably cold and for the first time in my life, I wore my coat to bed in an attempt to keep warm.
If you come from an area where the time is much earlier, don't expect to check in early!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pineville, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2009

It was a little tight quarters in here but we were just here awake a short while, enjoying the nearby 16 st. Mall and then watching a ballgame. At 2:00 I found out the catch. The people in the room next door came in talking excitedly and you could hear every word they said. Whatever is in these walls is the greates sound conductor ever, beating out silver and copper. We had 12 hours non stop driving the next day and the one thing we didn't need was to be kept up in the middle of the night. I don't really understand it, valet parking, swanky bellhops who either carry your bags or you do, no cart for commoners, and yet the most noisy bathrooms, elevators and adjoiining rooms you can imagine.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Lawrence, KS.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2009

Loved this place, especially for the price ($109 on a Thurs and $54 on a Friday). We had a corner room with curved corner window and king bed. Loved the bed, pillows, linens and overall decor. Free breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, fried potatoes, and pancakes or french toast. Location is great, only one block from 16th Street Mall and its free buses, but we found most of downtown was walkable, including the art gallery and lower downtown party areas. Link to Brown Palace Hotel was great.
Likes: Breakfast, location, free internet
Dislikes: $20 valet parking, no opening windows in room, lack of on-site restaurant serving food late (but Dominos got there in 18 minutes!)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2009

This hotel was originally built as an annex to the world famous Brown Palace, but sold after Brown annex guests complained the noise and small rooms were not up to Brown standards. The comfort inn has clearly upgraded the rooms with comfortable mattresses, quality linens, internet, and wall coverings. The rooms are small but comfortable with great views and in a great location. The construction, old rumbling elevators and thin walls seems to be an issue.
I have traveled around the world staying in both high and low to lowest end hotels- but this is the noisest yet. If you value sleep- either find another hotel- or request a room FAR away from the elevators which rumble all night long. With all the hallway chatter and door slamming- you'd think you were in vegas- which never sleeps!
My room was in a recessed hallway so I thought it would be quiet- but the elevator din woke me up at 2am and was relentless- even reverberating a bit through the thin walls-as did conversations. Further, the sink wouldn't drain and when I tried to phone the front desk to report it- twice- a half hour apart- no one picked up the call. though I let it ring 10 times each. The bed linens were clearly high quality but smelled just enough of bleach for a nice headache.
Comfort Inns usually provide an excellent product, and a hotel with such an elegant association with the Brown palace turned out to be a disappointment however excellent the staff & location might be.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

I’ve stayed at just about every major hotel in downtown Denver over the years, but this was my first time at the Comfort Inn. I found a deal here for a weekend in May, the location was exactly what I was looking for, so why not? I can’t remember the room number, but I believe we were in one of the middle-to-upper floors, away from the elevator.

Reading the past reviews, I was a bit concerned about having to battle jetlag in a loud hotel with slamming doors and rowdy guests. However, the room was clean, quiet, and comfortable (hence the name, I suppose). Nothing fancy, but nothing horrible either. The staff were all very friendly. The only negative things I remember were a mediocre breakfast selection and a steep charge for valet parking.

Overall, I was rather impressed with this hotel. It isn’t very exciting, but if I’m back in Denver and everything is either booked up or overpriced again, I’d probably stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sinaasappelsap
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

This place is in a terrific location. One block from the 16th street mall. We caught the free shuttle to a Rockies game, US mint, CO capital, etc. The hotel was nice. Never heard the slamming doors others talked about. You could hear the noise from the city.....but it is in the city! Parking cost an extra $20. (We turned our rental car in a day early to avoid the fee.) The staff was not the most knowledgeble but very friendly. Free breakfast, consisted of hot and cold food.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family