“Entirely adequate but showing some age”

Courtyard Denver Stapleton
Ranked #74 of 157 Hotels in Denver
utah
“Entirely adequate but showing some age”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our room was very clean and orderly. The furnishings are beginning to show some age and useage and the room air conditioner was very loud and not overly effective.
The breakfast buffet was very excellent and reasonably priced ($8 if paid for at check-in). The exercise facilities are quite limited but the pool and spa are very nice. The exterior areas and grounds are very well maintained.
Location is adjacent to Interstate Hwy 70 and very convenient.
Overall we were satisfied but think that the time for refurbishment is nearly at hand.
The best features are the breakfast and housekeeping.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank davide542
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel. We are looking forward to our hotel renovation tentively scheduled for the 4th quarter of this year. It will include our public space and our guest rooms. We look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Denver. Have a great week end.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
clearwater, fl
Reviewed 10 May 2014

As other reviews for this hotel will say, it's hard to find. The massive amounts of construction and street closings/detours don't help either. Staff is very friendly, go out of their way to help with whatever you need.

The room was great, comfy couch, work desk for business, surprisingly comfy bed (the nicest I'd slept on in as long time), fridge, and microwave avail upon request. The balcony was great for taking in the denver mornings.Only negative about the room was the door. I request a secluded room on the top floor b/c of how light a sleeper I am, and I'm glad I did. While there were very few people in the rooms around me, I still woke up everytime anyone went by the room talking or even walking b/c there is a 2 inch gap in the bottom of the door. They slide a newspaper and your statement under your door, but the amount of noise that comes through can be very distracting. And it wasn't just my door, I noticed every room in the hotel had a 2 inch gap between bottom of door and floor.

Other than that, very nice hotel and room. What I liked the best was there wifi is free, and fast enough to do basic internet. But if you need more speed, for $4.95 a day you can get premium wifi which is much better and the $4.95 is definitely worth it if you need internet for business or to watch movies.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, a higher room and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gopsu8427
Thank you for your positive feedback for our hotel and staff. We look forward to your next visit to Denver and hope we can be of service to you again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Each interaction with the staff was such a pleasure and demonstrates their commitment to customer service. The truest example was that when I checked out of the hotel and forgot my iPad, both Kelsie and her supervisor went out of their way the ensure that I not only got it back, but she took extra care to carefully package it so it was not broken in transit. She even shipped it the same day. I can't thank them enough for returning it, when many folks would not have put the effort or even may have claimed it "lost" for their own personal benefit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback for our staff. Our goal is to not just meet our guest's expectations but to exceed them. We will share your comments with the team and look forward to having you as our guest again on your next trip to Denver. Thank you again.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

After easy access from I70 and following route to Doubletree we worked our way down the frontage road ignoring instructions from the GPS to go back on Quebec. Our room was in the center entrance near the elevator so naturally they store the luggage carts as far away from that as possible.
Pro: room that we had was nice as you'd expect from a Marriott.
Con: The A/C went from bearable rattle to headache alarm clock jarring rattle. No way one could sleep. Shame on Marriott.
The room had a small deck but the outside porch light was a mystery as to how to turn it on or it was inoperable.

Room Tip: Turn on A/C immediately to determine if you can stand the noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations regarding the A/C unit in your room. I can understand how frustrating that can be, especially disrupting a good nights sleep. I wanted to let you know that we have repaired the unit. The motor had to be replaced. We are looking into the reason the balcony light is not working. Often times, it is due to previous guests unskrewing the light bulbs. Once again, thank you for your feedback, it helps us with our strife for continuous improvement. I hope we can regain your trust and you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Denver.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Kayleigh at the front desk displayed excellent customer service and a pretty smile. She was very courteous and friendly upon check-in. She helped with some local questions upon heading out for dinner. The lobby market was well stocked and had good variety. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words and compliments for Kayleigh and the rest of the staff. We work to exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

After a long 7 hour drive, my two daughters and I were exhausted and hungry. I was a bit put out at first because of the location...about 10 miles out of Downtown Denver. I had let my 15 year old make the reservations. She's usually very reliable, but 10 miles out? And in an area of construction and warehouses? Not happy. I was actually about to cancel and depart. But....but....the young lady on duty, name KELSIE (and her partner, LUZ) were not going to let us go easily. (LUZ tended to my children) KELSIE tended to me. First off, she saw that she could give us a much cheaper rate if we used my AARP card. Okay...that helped me calm down. And then, she just talked me through directions to downtown and made me realize it wasn't all that bad. Then she answered my complaint about restaurants by showing me how near many were and the range...from franchises, to really good local Denver steakhouses. She never lost her charm or her great personality and willingness to help out a tired old dude like me. She was incredible. It's almost hard to be too positive about Ms Kelsie. As the face of Marriott at that time for me, she was remarkable. Look, I wasn't being a jerk, I was just tired and Kelsie made me feel comfortable...she made my 'problems' seem manageable. She's a keeper. I would hope management at Marriott truly recognizes people like her and promote and encourage talent like that. As for Ms Luz, she was wonderful with my children. She showed them around to the pool and the spa. They, too, were tired, and only wanted to get to the room. Luz knew it would be a few extra minutes while Kelsie was helping me, and she kept my girls laughing and occupied. These two employees went above and beyond what I would have expected. They were exceptional. They should be recognized and encouraged and kept in mind for promotion within the Marriott family. Really....Good job....

Room Tip: I've only stayed her this one time, so I have nothing else to relate this room's location to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. We do recognize our associates for outstanding service. Our goal is not only to meet our guest's expectations, but to exceed them. I am very glad you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and had some quality time with your daughters. I hope we can be your home away from home again on your next visit to Denver. Have a great week end.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 March 2014

A fine hotel with very helpful desk clerks.
good and very clean room with comfortable beds.
free complimentary wifi fast enough to stream tv from our home country.
Excellent!!
would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnTheLion
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you so much for your positive comments and review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel amenities exceeded your needs and expectations. We look forward to having you as our guest again on your next visit to Denver.