“Good atmosphere at the bar”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast
Ranked #32 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Denver, United States
“Good atmosphere at the bar”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The barman got everyone talking over dinner at the bar, and the atmosphere was great. When you are a lone traveller, it is a pleasure to be somewhere that is enjoyable, you have a laugh and meet new people.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
austin
Reviewed 31 October 2013

While this is an older style Embassy Suites it is maintained very well and has a well trained staff. Great location, close to the highways as well as shopping. We will return on future trips. This says that i need 200 characters, so this part of the note serves no purpose but to fill that arbitrary requirement.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel has always been our "home base" when in Denver. It is near our client's location and we've stayed there many times over the past couple of years with no problem.

The Not So Good: The hotel is older in design and feel. It is certainly not a modern type of hotel, and definitely not any kind of chic or boutique-type place. It is what is expected of it, a good place to stay for business travelers and families. The rooms are nice and clean but a little dated, as you will see from the 10-year old TV sets and older-styled furniture. The service is friendly but not 5-star service in any way. Again, it is what it is.

Now for the GOOD: The price is right and the location is great, at least for our needs. There is a new Target Store right next door and a Whole Foods right across the street, both within walking distance. My favorite Indian restaurant in the country, "India's" is also right across the street, which is always an incentive. Breakfast is included and is a pretty good continental breakfast. They will also prepare you a great omelet. The free breakfast is a great deal for business people and families. Imagine, if you are a family of four and not having to pay for breakfast?

At night, there is a happy hour with light snacks which is also included. The beers, which are also included, aren’t imports but they do serve the local beer (Coors) on tap. Hey, when in Rome, right?

Our Wi-Fi was included with a free promotional code they provided at the front desk; that was a nice bonus.

Overall, the hotel is very clean and comfortable. The rooms are nice and large and the desk and sitting areas are perfect for business.

The gym is nice and the heated pool area and Jacuzzi are maintained well.

This is not the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills but it is a nice, solid hotel and we will continue to make it our home away from home while in Denver.

Room Tip: Higher up is better as people congregate in the lobby a lot.
London GB
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Like many hotels in this state, the people working there are excellent - really friendly, incredibly helpful, great at their jobs. But the hotel is run down. Great value, but you get what you pay for. Chipped furniture, stains on the chairs in the breakfast area. The decor is very very old fashioned. The air-conditioning in the room was very very noisy, and difficult to change. I didn't ask for help, and I should have, but I was only there for 3 nights.

The location is terrible for Denver, but good if you want to visit one of the neighbouring businesses. From a driver's point of view, it is well connected to all the major roads and will get you to Denver International Airport in about 20 minutes. Across the main road is an excellent branch of Wholefoods. I bought my dinner there and ate it in my room. The restaurant in the hotel is adequate. Go to breakfast early - the line for cooked eggs is long once you hit 8am.

That said, it's cheap, and the rooms are large. The pool looked very inviting.

1 Thank Gaffeur
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is comfortable. I did ask to be moved because my room was too warm, and was taken care of immediately. Proximity to Denver University is OK, but not great. This is a fairly typical Embassy Suites hotel, and in general I find them to be a good value. The staff was very nice and I have now stayed at this hotel twice and expect to do so again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms over the front of the hotel (which is away from Hamden Ave are quieter. I wanted to be able t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

When I stay at Embassy Suites there are certain things I have come to expect, such as a higher standard in the hotels, and as a Hilton Honnors member.. We stayed here in early Oct., On a Friday night. This hotel met my expectation as far as the room goes. I got it at a very good rate, but after we were in they nickel & dime you to death!!! I have never been charged for Internet after becoming a HH member.. But this hotel was the exception.. 9.00 if your not at the gold or diamond level!! Most Embassy's are at the door with free water, minutes after check in or offer at front desk when we check in, this one had a bottle in the fridge.. It was 5.00 if you opened it!!! I'm suprised they didn't charge for ice!!! On the plus side after driving 14 hrs to get there, we were pleasentaly suprised to find they had an all you can eat Prime Rib dinner for a very good price.. Hated the thought of leaving the hotel after we arrived!! The Prime Rib was easy to find.. A waiter to take our drink orders & supply us with silverware was impossible to find.. Finally one of us saw a carafe of water & they had glasses set out for nightly managers reception.. That's how we got something to drink!! Self serve.. The Prime Rib was very good the service was awful!!! Breakfast the next morning was above average for an Embassy!! This hotel excels in some areas but falls way below what you expect from Embassy in others. Tried to get extra pillows called front desk who told me to call housekeeping, called them for an hour no answer.. Try Front Desk again..again directed to housekeeping.. I gave up!!! Basically it's a mixed bag. We got a good nights sleep & 2 good meals, yet I expected more in the way of treating us a a valued member of the HH family, service for dinner was the worst!!

• Stayed October 2013
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Macombsboo,

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the facility overall and the Prime Rib and apologize that you did not receive satisfactory service at the Prime Rib Buffet. I appreciate your candor and I will certainly speak with our staff about your experience. In regards to the charges for Internet and water, Internet is actually charged at 85% of Embassy Suites Hotel nationwide and is charged at 100% of full service hotels in our area. I do apologize that this does not meet your needs and hope that you were made aware of our complimentary business center. In regards to the water, that is actually for Hilton Gold and Diamond members as well and I am glad to see that you are a loyal Hilton Honors member and look forward to your obtaining elite status. However, we are always happy to help at the front desk with a small bottle of complimentary water if you need. Please just let us know how we can assist you. Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Denver.

Scott Turbow
Embassy Suites Denver Southeast
303-696-6644
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I travel for a living so I may be more critical than some of the other guest that have commented on this hotel. What they may not fully appreciate is that now when hotels are built they are built smaller due to high construction costs. Just because a hotel might be newer that also doesn't mean it will be cleaner. The last concern for most professional travellers would be the food. I have been in this hotel for five weeks working on a project here in Denver. I can assure you that some newer Embassy's have just a partial wall seperating the bedroom from the living area, this does not constitute a "Suite". Food is great the people are very friendly, and you find real "Old Fashion Value" Clean, quiet, good food. friendly staff, what more do you want?

Room Tip: You can pay about the same rate for just a room, here you get a huge suite, Buffetr cook to order Br...