“Not up to standards of other Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast
Ranked #33 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Not up to standards of other Embassy Suites”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We always stay at Embassy Suites, especially when traveling with our kids. It is a great brand and we like that we know what we are getting. We love the separate living area with TV and microwave and refrigerator, the manager's reception and the cooked to order free breakfast. This trip was just me and my hubby for a long weekend in Denver.

This hotel missed the mark on a few items. On check in, the front desk clerk was unfriendly and didn't speak well. We kept having to ask her to repeat herself. We asked for a mountain view room and without looking up said "your room is already assigned". We completely understand that the hotel may have been full, but her unwillingness to even check, or, alternatively, to explain capacity was bordering on rude.

The entire hotel is in need of serious updating. The microwave had dial controls. The TVs and furniture were outdated, and the lighting was horrible. Several buttons on the elevators wouldn't light up. That said, we found the bedding and pillows very comfortable.

On Sunday morning, the breakfast was understocked. The trays for hot food, including potatoes and bacon were empty and not replenished in the 30 minutes we were dining. The made-to-order omelet was delicious. We were glad we didn't have the kids because they were out of fruit loops for most of the time we were eating.

The bar tender was pleasant and efficient. While we chose not to hang out at the bar, it was an inviting atmosphere.

With the exception of our check-in experience, staff was friendly. In looking at responses to other reviews, the hotel is going to be undergoing a renovation in the next year, so most of the negatives are on the verge of being fixed soon. When we return we expect our rating will be higher.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kcworkingmom
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear kcworkingmon,

Thank you for your comments in regards to our recent stay. I am very sorry that there were aspects of your stay that you were not satisfied with. We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and I will certainly follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. I do appreciate your kind comments about the bar and the other staff you encountered during your stay. Thank you again for sharing.

303-696-6644

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Escondido, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The beds need to be replaced. Horrible mattresses. Never got a good night's sleep. Asked the manager for a board to put under the saggy, lumpy mattress and he said he'd check but never got back to us. The complimentary continental breakfast and manager's reception nightly are very nice, but next time I am going to spend more and stay somewhere else that puts guest comfort first and keeps the rooms upgraded with new bedding and flat screen HDTVs. There have been no facility improvements that we noticed over the past 8 years except the guest shampoo has been upgraded a bit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Ann A,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that you did not get a good night sleep. Please contact me at your convenience for a refund for your nights stay. We always want our guests to be satisfied with their stay. I can honestly tell you that we get comments on how great our beds are on a regular basis so I believe it is bit subjective. If you ever have a problem with your room, just let us know and we will find you a new room or a way to make it right for you. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and the staff. We are currently working on plans for a full renovation and hope to unveil them soon. Thank you again for your comment and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

youdontknowjack
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I didn't experience any problems during my stay. The overall function of the hotel was poor. From the older box style TV's to the reduced selection at the Manager's Reception it seems that the hotel is focused on higher revenue versus a pleasant hotel stay. Even the weekday breakfast buffet was poorly run. It seemed to have reduced hours as compared to other hotels and rather than having it in a buffet setting where you can help yourself, it was cooked to order by the "Chef" who invariably served me bacon in my Denver omelet rather than ham and cold potatoes. I thought he would get the Denver omelet right....after all I was in Denver.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank youdontknowjack
Dear youdontknowjack,

Thank you for your candid comments. I apologize that you did not have a pleasant stay. I assure you that our Evening Reception and Complimentary Breakfast are open at the same time and for the same amount of time that all Embassy Suites are.

Our commitment is to our guest service and I am sorry that you did not experience that. We choose to cook everyone breakfast as often as we can so that we can provide individual orders and service to all of our customers. I will certainly speak to the cooks about a Denver Omelet. I can absolutely agree that we should get this right for you. Please feel free to contact me and we can discuss this further and figure out a way to make this right for you.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope that you'll give us another chance and stay with us again in the future.

San Diego, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Best breakfast at a hotel, pleasant surroundings, and cooked to serve omelette were superb. The Lobby was bright and cheery, enjoyed sitting by the waterfalls for both breakfast and evening reception, staff very friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I couldn't have been more pleased with the room and customer service! Every person I came into contact with was personable and very friendly. Whether it was at the front desk, an employee in the elevator or in the hallway, everyone was great! But even better was the room! You walk into a large room with a couch (that folds out into a bed), chair, desk (with 3 chairs around it), tv, little bar with a sink. The fridge and microwave are underneath. The lighting is great too, btw! There is a door into the bathroom to the right and another door straight ahead into the room with the beds. You can get to the bathroom through the first sitting room or through the bedroom. Also in the bedroom is another sink with a ton of counter space! The vanity is in the middle and more counter space on the other side! Also a tv in the bedroom too. Great lighting in the bedroom too. Also has a balcony. So 3 sinks, 2 tv's, 3 places to sleep, 2 rooms, a ton of counter space, fridge, microwave, the whole suite is quite large! Inside the hotel is little waterfall that my 4 year old loved. Continental breakfast offered was good. The omelets are made to order! Had a pretty good variety. There is also a restaurant inside. We didn't eat there though. Right across the street is a Whole Foods, next to them is a Target and Chick fil A. To me this hotel had it all for the best price. We paid $99/night. The one and only thing that others may not like as much is that it could use an update. But the counters are granite. I'll be looking for other Embassy Suites like this one when I travel!

Room Tip: Our room was right by the elevators and it was just fine. Not too noisy or anything.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Denver, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The barman got everyone talking over dinner at the bar, and the atmosphere was great. When you are a lone traveller, it is a pleasure to be somewhere that is enjoyable, you have a laugh and meet new people.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

austin
Reviewed 31 October 2013

While this is an older style Embassy Suites it is maintained very well and has a well trained staff. Great location, close to the highways as well as shopping. We will return on future trips. This says that i need 200 characters, so this part of the note serves no purpose but to fill that arbitrary requirement.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family