The Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #31 of 157 Hotels in Denver
“Loved it! ”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

The staff went above and beyond! They asked if we were planning any day trips then printed off information about all of them. They offered to call for reservations also. I lost my drivers license and they offered to call all the places we visited that day. They even got me coffee in the afternoon. We were there 4 nights and I felt like they were our friends. We were on the 12th floor slept great, exceeded my expections for the price!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Kate T, Director of Sales at The Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Hi Colleen F;
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Curtis - please come see us again soon!

Stay Happy!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Clean, Friendly, and extremely convienent! We stay here whenever we are in Denver as long as the room rates are competative. Book this hotel directly thru the Hilton website for the best rate, but make sure you also call this hotel after you make your reservation! For some reason there is a gliche somewhere and this hotel does not always have your online reservation in their system!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hello Trip Advisor Member;
Thank you for your awesome review - we appreciate it!

We are also investigating the system issue that you've mentioned - thank you!

Germany
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel had a very poor ventilation system. My colleagues and I suffered severe sinus problems because of it. The food was extremely overpriced for the quality. The billing/accounting system not updated to handle group/business bookings, causing my colleagues and I much frustration about having our private credit cards charged instead of the initial company credit card that was on file for the original booking.

2 Thank Shelley S
Hello Shelley S;
I am so sorry to read that you and your colleagues were not comfortable at the Curtis. We've not had ventilation concerns in the past, but we are absolutely looking into this. Because of the altitude and dryer climate in Denver, we certainly understand that it can be uncomfortable initially.

Please feel welcome to reach out to me directly at kate.thompson@thecurtis.com concerning the billing issues. I would be more than happy to help correct this if it's not already been handled.

All the best.
Ft. Lupton, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

When I arrived I thought that I had paid for the hotel online, but the counter attendant told me otherwise and he was correct. I was a bit upset, but he handled the situation perfectly and professionally. I feel you should understand this person defused what was probably a stressful situation – he’s a keeper. Also, I mentioned online that this was for my Wife’s Birthday and I felt that the Curtis showed a great deal of class by sending up a bottle of wine. My wife and I love the atmosphere at the Curtis it isn’t stiff and cold. DO NOT change it ever!!! This is and always will be our favorite Denver Hotel! We love it and the people that work there. LOVE IT!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Alan R;
We love being your place - thank you for the awesome review!
The only things that we are changing are to make the hotel better and almost (if you can believe it) a little more quirky. Our guest rooms and lobby are all getting a refresh to update and upgrade the hotel, but our sense of fun and our amazing associates will remain. We can't wait to see you and the wife again!

Columbia, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel has a great location in Denver downtown. The room was nice and clean. The hotel personnel was very friendly. The price of the hotel was very reasonable, and much cheaper than that of most of the hotels nearby. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and would return.

Hello Michela B;
We greatly appreciate your review and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in Denver!

Denver, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Overall had an excellent experience. I was on the highest floor so the room was cold, despite the heater working properly. The hotel has is pretty funny because each floor has a theme and there are songs or some phrases that you hear in the elevator whenever you arrive at a floor. Room was in great condition. Staff was really nice. You even get a cookie when you arrive! Definitely would recommend this place.

Hello Ivana M!
Thank you for the awesome review - we hope to see you again soon!

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The music in the elevator is cute, with a bit of a theme to each floor. In reality, that 2-second sound bite is about the only memorable thing about the hotel. The rooms are modest. The horrible noise from the air conditioning unit was so bad that I just left it off. For 14 days. Yes, 14 days in the same hotel room (kill me now). In 14 days, you can find just about every fault with a hotel property. Easily. They feature a "Call Line" that replaces all the customary Operator, Front Desk, etc buttons on the phone. NOT HELPFUL when they will not answer that line, and the individual extensions are not printed anywhere. The wireless was terrible. I spot-checked the performance several times throughout the stay, and found download speeds that were well below 0.5Mb/sec. So any sort of streaming (netflix, etc), you tube, etc is impossible. It's so bad that VPNs time out and business email will be unbearable.The bathroom contained a small shower, no tub. The shower curtain needed to be changed. If you, your spouse, your kids, whatever, want a tub, you're out of luck. The TV station selection is meager and the preset volume is way too loud. Train station and street noise can disrupt your sleep. Some positives- they stack USA Today and WSJ at every elevator lobby, They have warm cookies. Just ask. They are pet friendly. I did hear a bit of barking, but it was no big deal. There are dog biscuits and water at the hotel lobby entrance. The Office (restaurant) has a tasty breakfast buffet for about $20, including the ability to custom order an omelette or something other than the traditional undercooked scrambled eggs. Of course, for about $7, you can go 1/2 a block to Sam's #3 for their yummy and vast breakfast menu. The Office also has a nicely stocked bar and pleasant staff for evening festivities, if you are so inclined. This particular area, just North of the Convention Center, is convenient for Convention Events. However, I will consider other options in the same price range the next time I am in downtown Denver...

Room Tip: Bring earplugs. A/C unit noise is very distracting. Lower floors reduce wait times for the elevator.
2 Thank freqtraveler86
Hello freqtraveler86;
We really appreciate you leaving your feedback and I am so sorry to read that your stay was less than stellar. It is not acceptable that the hotel Care Line was not answered during your stay and this issue has absolutely been addressed with the hotel associates. That one-stop-shop should make your stay more comfortable with accessing various departments with ease and I'm sorry that this was not the case for you.
Please know that we do offer guest rooms with bath tubs and we are always happy to accommodate this request when these rooms are available. We also offer a high-speed "streaming" option for internet that will absolutely cure the internet speed concerns.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you to Denver!
All the best.