“Had a great time here and it is a cool hotel”

The Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #31 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Denver, United States
“Had a great time here and it is a cool hotel”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I think the hotel did a great job on all the interior design and the interaction. The customer service is friendly and helpful, too. Had a great time. This is so much better than my previous experience at San Diego Hilton. Last year when I stayed at San Diego Hilton hotel, the experience was so terrible that I vow never to book a Hilton room ever again. This time, having the Authority event hosted right at the hotel, I still hesitated for more than a month on if I should give Hilton another chance. Gladly, Curtis is cool! Love the creepy elevator voice. :P Although, the air condition in the room is kind of noisy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kate T, Director of Sales at The Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello Wu-Yen H;
We are so very thrilled to hear that you gave Hilton another chance and that you found yourself at the Curtis. There are other "soft-branded" DoubleTrees that you would likely enjoy in other cities as well, like the Wit in Chicago and the Morrison in Dublin. But there is only one Curtis - please come see us again soon!

Stay Happy!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Some girlfriends and I stayed at the Curtis and had a great experience!! This hotel had amazing staff and a fun approach to make it a great experience! Not stuffy and cold like most hotels!
The beds were super comfortable, and the rooms were clean! They even offered complimentary fruit on each floor and coffee in the lobby!
I can't wait to go back and stay at the Curtis!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Brittany K;
You are awesome! Thanks so much for the incredible review - we look forward to having you back soon.

Akron, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

For the price, this hotel did not offer the quality I would expect. Elevator floors had holes in the flooring. Seemed to me that this was a renovated hotel from the 70's that Hilton tried to accomplish on a budget and pass the cost off onto customers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Hello Dan G;
I am so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay and that the quality of the Curtis wasn't where you needed it to be. Please know that we've placed temporary flooring in the guest elevators in order to avoid damaging the actual floor while we move furniture pieces for our guest room renovation. Our rooms renovation will be completed at the end of this month and we look forward to having all pieces back in working order. With these upgrades, I truly feel that the Curtis will now offer the quality that you prefer.

All the best,
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 May 2014

It's a great hotel. Let's start there. The service is fantastic and the rooms are well appointed with interesting art, a very comfortable bed, and a fridge and microwave tucked away in a well designed city hotel room.

But it's also a heck of a lot of fun. The themes of the floors are fun: science fiction, big hair, one hit wonders. There are kitschy board games (in pristine condition, thank you) and even an etch-a-sketch in the lobby.

Staff's pleasant and the room service is great. A fun and comfortable stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank jfffff
Hey there, jfffff!
We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Service is definitely our top focus and we are delighted to read about your experience.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We love to stay at the Curtis whenever possible. It is within walking distance to Coors Field and the Theatre. When checking in I was told to ask about a possible upgraded room. I did so and Michelle gladly did it for me. The last time we stayed her my wife forgot her new Kindle Paperwhite in the room. We called the hotel on our drive home. They happily sent someone to our room to grab it and kept it in the safe until our next visit. The Kindle was waiting in our room when we checked in along with a little gift from housekeeping. I love this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brett C
Hello Brett C!
Thanks so much for the Trip Advisor love and for the awesome shout-out to the amazing Curtis associates. They truly make the hotel wonderful!

Marseille
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights (and days) attending a conference. What a pleasure.
The hotel has all that you would expect of an international first class hotel. But they do it their way, no stuffiness. Food during the conference was remarkably good also. Super friendly staff and a myriad of small details that will make you smile. Will be back if I can.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi Mike_Marseille!
So glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Curtis and that you got a kick out of our culture. Thank you so much for the amazing review and please come see us again soon!

Centennnial, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were celebrating our 24th anniversary and used my Hilton Honors points to book the room. Staff had a nice welcome package that I ordered for the occasion ready but when the bill came, the price was double what I was quoted. Talked to the staff and the bill was corrrected. Valet parking is very expensive and the property could use a mechanical upgrade, a little worn. The themed floor concept is unique and overall a decent experience. The saving graces are location and that I could use my points. If I had paid cash for the room, I would be sorely dissappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Richard S - thank you so much for leaving this review. I am so sorry to hear that your getaway did not go as planned and that the Curtis fell short in overall service. We are definitely sharing your review with our team and will use this as a tool on working to better "wow" our guests. We certainly hope to be able to welcome you back another time and be able to leave you with better memories.

All the best,