“Unpleasant Rooms”

The Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #34 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked this hotel as it was a DOUBLETREE property and have stayed at many hotels of the brand. This hotel give DOUBLETREE a bad name.

The room was not clean, with much mold in the shower and the white shower curtain turning yellow.

Room Tip: There is no tip for a good room, not sure if the have any.
3  Thank Don P
Kate T, Director of Sales at The Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hello Don P;
I'm so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your room at the Curtis. While we are a soft-branded DoubleTree, we certainly put our own spin on things....but there should never be a question of cleanliness.
I would greatly appreciate it if you would email me at kate.thompson@thecurtis.com and let me know which room you stayed in, or just general information about your reservation so that I can find that room and ensure that this is addressed ASAP.

All the best,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,865)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Great downtown hotel with a very friendly staff. We stayed 5 nights and enjoyed the local restaurants and nightlife. Close to the convention center, ballpark, capitol, zoo and excellent food. Only issue we had was finding room service. Our room was not cleaned everyday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank I_love_seafood_13

Hello I_love_seafood_13;
Thanks so much for leaving a review of your recent stay with us. We are so sorry to hear about your room not being cleaned daily. Obviously, this is not at all common practice, and we have brought this review to the attention of our Gleam Team (AKA Housekeeping). We definitely hope to be able to welcome you back to the Curtis!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were billed $250 for a cleaning fee because someone who we don't even know pooped on the floor in the bar's bathroom. A manager decided to bill us because we just happened to buy that person a drink earlier that night so they had our credit card info at the bar. We don't know him & are definitely not liable for his actions. It took us over 2 hours on the phone with a different manager to have the charge removed. Absolutely ridiculous and infuriating. What they attempted to do isn't even legal.

3  Thank Brianna R
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Not sure if I would stay again. Rate is high for an old hotel. Service was good but the restaurant in the lobby is way overpriced. Buffet breakfast for one adult and child $29.00 not including tip. Not much food for buffet. Restaurants outside hotel a lot cheaper. Rooms were ok. Cookies were warm when arrived at hotel. Free coffee 5a-1Oam in lobby but I didn't know right away since its hidden from view and that makes no sense. Free newspapers in lobby. I was there for family wedding. I would have chosen different hotel but wedding was right across the street so it was right nearby. I wasn't thrilled overall experience but it was ok. Don't leave anything in the linens when you leave the rooms since the maids just take the sheets off without looking. My daughter had a note from my wife who could not make the trip and on the second day it was taken with the linen. we forgot to take it off the bed and my daughter was upset. I called housekeeping and they could not find it but the hotel sent up an bucket with 2 sodas, a toy and a pack of mixed nuts and a note which was nice but we don't drink soda...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi sinustacky;
We're so sorry to read that the Curtis was not your cup of tea. We always strive to be so much more than just a so-so experience but understand how the lost note in the sheets can tarnish a stay. Thank you for your feedback and please know that we have shared this with our housekeeping team.

All the best,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Oh wow! This hotel is quirky and fun but not because the hotel is designed that way but the people that work there are amazing! I have to give a huge shout out to the Valet team there (I think his name is Erik) when I arrived I was a mess and lost but he helped smooth everything and made check in a 5 star quality. I didn't even bring my one piece of luggage in as they walked me in from my car! The people there just simply care. What else can you ask for?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jake S

Hi Jake S!
So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us - thank you so much for the shout-out to our staff. They are AWESOME! We have passed along your message to Eric as well. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here on Memorial Day weekend while doing a show at the Buell Theatre. Nothing but wonderful things to say about this hotel!! Staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, rooms are original and fun, and there are tons of food options walkable from the hotel. Would absolutely book this hotel again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stacy M
Kate T, Director of Sales at The Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Stacy M;
We can't thank you enough for the wonderful review! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will definitely look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

For Downtown Denver this hotel is a great place to stay. About 17 floors each with its own wacky style. I stayed two separate times during my visit to the US. On the Laugh Out Loud Floor,7th Floor. The Scary Movie Floor on the 13th Floor of course. We were tempted to try every floor in the elevator to see what it would say on each floor. Warm cookies are given to you to welcome you to the hotel. Breakfast is a choice of cereals, toast (bread & bagels), yogurts, a cooked breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon etc.. Juices, tea & coffee. No cheeses, cooked meats, pastries this is the US not Europe. The rooms were both clean & tidy, the room on the 13th floor seemed bigger than the one on the 7th floor. The bathroom was nicer on the 13th floor as well, only a sower on the 7th floor and a bath with shower over in room 1308.Hairdryer, tv, telephone, safety deposit box and fridge all in the room. Cost to/from Denver International Airport was $55 for 2 people & bags. The Super shuttle was $22 per person with bags. Staff were very polite and helpful. Hotel had a gym I believe but didn't see it. Parking for cars seemed to be right next door again I didn't use it. Walk downtown to 16th Street Mall use the free bus service.

Room Tip: Room 1308 seemed nice and spacious.

Dear leicestershireduo;
Thank you so much for making the Curtis your home twice while in Denver! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time and we certainly hope for the opportunit to welcome you back.