“A great place to stay on pleasure or business”

The Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #31 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've stayed at te Curtis many times over the last year on business and I would not stay anyplace else. The staff are incredibly friendly and they remember us by name. The breakfast is perfect with buffet choices along with pancakes or omelets. With the recent upgrade, the beds are comfortable and the place is very quiet for the center of a big city. The only problem I have ever had was getting items back that I left in the room.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine, but the Queen and corner king rooms are the best. Don't get the 01 room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Kate T, Manager at The Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

John B,

Thank you so much for being a loyal and repeat guest of ours. We appreciate the staff recognition and the nice compliments about the property. If there are items you left behind we do have a lost and found that's managed by our houskeeping department and we would definitely love to help you out. Please give us a call at 303-571-0300 and we would be more than happy to look for anything you may have missed.

There are newer reviews for The Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We spent tke last night of a western vacation in Denver and selected the Curtis. The hotel has a great location, it is an easy walk to the 16th St. pedestrian mall, and there are also many restaurants close by as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

John H,

I'm glad you stopped over with us on the last night of your vacation but next time we'd love if you spent some more time us! Thanks for writing the great review!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I loved the Curtis and had a great room. There is a theme for every floor which is amusing. Very comfortable beds and pillows and let's face it, that is the most important part when you are on a business trip that require long days and nights. Also, nice shower and my fav- coffee in the room!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Carson H,

I'm so happy to hear that you love The Curtis and obviously got a great night's sleep too! Thank you for writing the review and we look forward to your return to The Curtis on your next trip to Denver!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I recently stayed a few nights in Denver to enjoy both urban and outdoor attractions. The Curtis offers a great location near the Opera House (walking distance - 1 block) and Pepsi Center (short cab ride about $5-$8). Coors Field and Mile High Stadium are also a short cab ride but I did not visit these areas so I cannot comment on the approximate cost. The Curtis is also a short walk to the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall (about 3 blocks). The Pedestrian Mall offers a number of restaurants, pubs, and clubs as well as some retail shopping.

The Curtis' interior design is not your typical Doubletree. It is a boutique hotel so I would have a different set of expectations.

Things to expect:
1. Each floor has a different theme: (music, sports, etc)
2. Immaculate rooms, bathrooms, very comfortable beds/pillows, no traffic noise (I was on the 10th floor), fridge in my particular room, usual bathroom amenities
3. Very friendly staff who sincerely care about your stay
4. Delicious breakfast buffett (scrambled eggs, omelets/pancakes made to order, fresh fruit, sausage, bacon, cereal, breads, OJ, apple juice and cranberry juice). The buffett is a little expensive at $17 (excluding tip). However, you may order off a menu which offers both traditional breakfast and creative items like Red Velvet Pancakes and Chicken and Waffles to name a few. I am member of HHonors club so, my breakfast buffett was included.
5. They have both self-parking and valet parking. I only used valet parking since it allowed my in/out privileges. I never inquired if self-parking offered the same or the rate. Valet parking is also expensive at $31/night (excluding tips). There parking fees are listed on their website so, I was not surprised.

I enjoyed my stay at The Curtis and would stay here again when I return to Denver.

Room Tip: Consider self-parking if you are not on an expense account.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Darrin T,

We really appreciate your detailed review and I believe it paints a great picture of what folks can expect when they come to The Curtis. Thanks for recognizing our awesome staff and you are spot on by saying that we do sincerely care about your stay. You are more than welcome anytime you want to stay with us again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel was fun due to the modern and unusual art work (eg, photos of SNL alums), a talking elevator, board games available in the lobby, and the welcoming of dogs. It was clean and the staff was very efficient and helpful. Great location for anything in the downtown area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

LINDA K,

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our fun hotel and I hope you got a chance to play one of our lobby games while you were here. Thanks for the positive note about the staff and our clean rooms. We look forward to your next visit to Denver!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I stayed one night at the Curtis in late June. We were in town to watch the Cardinals play the Rockies. The hotel is about a mile from the ballpark. Great location! The hotel is very clean and modern. Each floor is a different theme. We stayed on the 15th floor, which I believe is the music floor. Each of us received a homemade warm cookie up check-in. The staff was very friendly. There was a restaurant, bar, and a Starbucks on site, but we didn't go to any of them. We would definitely stay there again when visiting Denver.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Ashley M,

Even though it was only 1 night, I'm glad you all decided to stay with us! Thanks for recognizing our freindly staff and we would love to have you as our guest when you return to Denver.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Every floor had a theme. 9 is big hair. Our room has a whole wall picture of barbie's each six foot tall with Cher snuck in between.

The room is great. The staff was fantastic. We had a great time.

The location is very nice. Walk a block and a half to the 16st mall where free trams run continuously all day

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank SH1304

SH1304,

I'm glad you enjoyed our fun themes and so happy that our staff made a great impression on you. It's our playful atmosphere and decor that keeps people coming back and I appreciate you giving us a review about it! Come see us again!