“It's a Marriott”

Ranked #76 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Gillette, Wyoming
“It's a Marriott”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is the reason that I use Marriott primarily when I travel: No surprises.

The property is right on Colorado Blvd and so there is street noise. A first for me at a Marriott property. Even on the sixth floor we could readily hear the traffic, and not just a little. The parking garage is really tight as we drive a Suburban, but there was always parking available. My last issue was this was the tiniest room I've ever seen at a Marriott property. The heater was literally right against the second bed and if somebody had slept there, it was even money they'd get warm/cold air blown up their bloomers. And if traffic is heavy, getting out of the garage and onto Colo Blvd can be a bit tricky unless you're of the "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" school of driving.

Now, don't get the idea that I don't like this place. I do! The people are great, the place is clean, it's a really good value and the dining possibilities within walking distance are great!

We normally book King rooms but booked a double full (they weren't queen beds, but full size - another first) because we thought we'd have additional people with us, but weather precluded their plans. First snow of the season and all that rot.

We will book this property again.

Room Tip: The higher the better and try to get on the back side away from the busy street.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bassnote1
Lindsey M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoy our services and location. Just to let you know, we do offer an outside parking area across from the garage entrance that is well suited for larger vehicles. It may be an option for you next time (although, you may have preferred the garage parking since it was snowing)! We hope to see you again next time you are in Denver. Thank you again for your feedback!

Lindsey Marsh
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Richmond
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The room was great- king size suite with separate living/work space & bedroom which was nice.
Unfortunately, you're either on the street side of the building, or look out across to an office building. Not the most quiet place to sleep. Also, there's a parking deck in the hotel but it's extremely tight. Breakfast was a typical continental you'd find at any Fairfield Inn.

Overall, very average. I'd probably stay here again because the room was clean and the staff was nice, it just wouldn't be a first choice.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay here, request a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

This is my second trip here this year. A clean, friendly hotel with easy access to I-25 and either going south or north to downtown. The RTD is close-by, and although the parking garage is tough if you have a larger vehicle, we always got a parking spot, and actually preferred parking on roof where there was more room. The staff is friendly and helpful. My teenage boys even commented how they liked the lady in the breakfast room who made sure they ate extra sausage and had the blueberry muffins. There is a little highway noise, but nothing the fan in the room didn't cover up while sleeping. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
new york
Reviewed 26 September 2013

First let me say, this is mostly based off things the staff can't control - like being up against a busy highway, and above a gas station where you hear the trucks churning along at all hours. The location is just odd and off, and even the driveway itself was a bit awkward with barely enough room to fit two cars in the driveway (but there are no clear signs on where to park, so if you're staying there for the first time it can be rather confusing where to go).

I was placed on a low floor against the street because the hotel was full, despite my request for a quiet room (I travel frequently and have always held upper-level Elite statuses with Marriott). The room was incredibly noisy and loud, but there was nothing they could do until the next morning. The next morning, they moved me to a higher floor... but still street-side. So while I appreciate the gesture (and the kind note of apology and follow-up phone call), this hotel is just noisy and loud and there's nothing about it that stands out that would make you want to stay here. Let me say though, the staff did a tremendous job in trying to rectify the situation but like I said, the problems with the hotel are out of their control. There's a Courtyard right up the street that is much further back from the highway than this Fairfield is, so I would recommend giving that a shot if you're staying in the Cherry Creek area.

So to summarize: Staff is great.. hotel is definitely not great.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kellyyau
Lindsey M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I am sorry to hear that we could not exceed your expectations. Since your stay, many of our windows have been upgraded which has assisted in reducing the noise from Colorado Blvd. I am very happy to hear that our staff provided excellent customer service and I hope you will try us again the next time you are in Denver.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Lindsey M.
Assistant General Manager
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise! I had researched hotels in Denver and was leaning towards the Hilton Garden Inn Cherry Creek but decided on this one since it was cheaper and in the same neighborhood. I am so happy with my choice. The staff was very friendly and came to the rescue when I needed toothpaste :) The rooms were clean, in great condition and I had a great view of the mountains. I didn't have the breakfast or use the amenities such as the pool. The only two points of improvement I have is the wireless (free) internet was a bit slow and the parking lot was pretty small and difficult to maneuver in when more full. However it was nice you could hop in the elevator from the parking lot and it'd take you right to your floor. Overall this is definitely a hotel I would stay in again and recommend to anyone looking to stay in Denver.

Room Tip: If you can get an odd numbered room you'll be on the side with the mountain view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Houston, TX
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is an upscale Fairfield Inn. It is convenient to I-25 and is close to many attractions. The rooms are fine and very comfortable. The staff is very knowledgable and helpful. A good choice for staying near downtown Denver.

Room Tip: Select a room with a western view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
portsmouth, nh
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We booked four rooms at this hotel last week at the last minute, when the floods forced changes in wedding plans. The staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating. It was as if they were expecting us. The rooms were spotless and pleasant, the breakfast area efficient and the food was better than average. I wish every hotel stay could be this way.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!