“Relatively close to Denver University”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #75 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Mapleton, Utah
“Relatively close to Denver University”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I've stayed in this hotel three times now for events that I've attended at the University of Denver. It is a nice hotel that fits into the moderate quality range for Marriott properties. Unfortunately, the university doesn't have very many hotels nearby and this is one of the best among them. If you choose to walk to the university, plan on spending 20-30 minutes. There are busses as well. The internet service is strong and parking is free. One nice thing about the hotel is that it is near to a number of good restaurants. I would highly recommend Yolanda's tacos that is literally across the street (try the Cacina tacos, they are unbelievably good). The hotel is very reasonably priced and I only have the minor complaint that rooms on the side of Colorado boulevard are noisier. The traffic noise doesn't die down until after midnight and it gets going again around 6:00 am. The staff was very friendly and helpful (thank you for going out of your way to extend my conference room rate to my extra day).

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the rooms furthest from Colorado Boulevard. My room looks out on Colora...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank taw26
Lindsey M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
taw26,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review about your experience. I am thrilled to hear that you continuously enjoy your stays with us. I know there are other hotel options in the area and I am so happy that you choose to stay with us! Thank you again and we hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Denver!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Colorado
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a Monday night and were only there one night. The room had a king sized bed and was clean as well as comfortable. The room was a bit smaller than I would have expected, but it was the location that drew us to this property. The breakfast was good and there was plenty of it. The woman who was the hostess was quite a charmer and went out of her way to speak with all of the guests and be sure they had what they needed.

Room Tip: See if you can get one furher away from the street as it's busy/noisy night and day.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear pshiel,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and location. We are very fortunate to have Janice, our breakfast attendant, as a part of our team and I will share your kind words with her.

Thank you again and I hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the Denver area!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The staff here really do go out of their way to welcome you and meet any need that may arise. Everything was clean and they offer a lot of options for breakfast. I did wish there was more variety of tea flavors such as green or black. Nice lobby and sitting area. Good location. I would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Ariele M,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are very fortunate to have a fantastic team at our hotel who takes pride in their work. They were thrilled when I shared your comments with them! I appreciate your feedback regarding the tea selection. We are now ordering more tea varieties so there should be plenty to choose from during your next stay (my favorite is the Mint Medley)!

Thank you again!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

From my reservation by phone to my checkout the staff were friendly and very helpful with whatever I needed. Everything was fresh and clean. the room was standard but seemed a little small. The breakfast was good and well maintained. the parking garage took some getting used to but was better than parking in the open.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Erin C
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed here two nights, first day went smooth, second night we arrived at the hotel after exploring denver parked while walking to the elevator the roof on p3 bargain pouring water it soaked my pregnant girlfriend who was holding our daughter an slipped luckily not falling we told the front desk all the offered to fix the problem was towels, my girlfriend was upset all night then after telling the front desk clerk she was upset an didn't want to bothered he called the room waking up our kids who were then up all night, would isn't a extra night for free but no just an offer for towels, otherwise a great hotel

• Stayed February 2014
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 4 February 2014

As noted by others, the hotel is freshly remodled. The front desk staff were very courteous and helpful. The room was fine, although I also had a problem with hot water. It did not completely run out, but it was only luke warm after a few minutes. The breakfast was good, although I wish they offered cooked oatmeal rather than packets of instant oatmeal. The location is good in that it is near right off I-25 and close to Cherry Creek where there are some good restaurant choices.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Lindsey M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Cycling Geo,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review about your experience. I am happy to hear that our front desk staff provided excellent service and that you enjoyed our location. I appreciate your feedback in some areas that you think we could improve. Since we strive for continuous improvement, we will consider your suggestions and we have already looked into the hot water issue that you experienced in your room.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again next time you are in the Denver area!

Rapid City
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Ive been coming to this hotel since 2006! I work for a Fairfield so you kind of see how others opperate! Well Ive never had a bad experience!! However the last time I was there 2 employees really stuck out! My stay was in Janurary and when i arrived Rick checked me in!! he was so pleasant!! He had GREAT customer service it was very welcoming!! My family was there for 6 nights and I have to say all the employees where great!!! I wish I had gotten all their names!! they all deserve a pat on the back!!! And Janice the breakfats lady WOW she has been there since I have been going and she is AMAZING!!!! She was so great to my family & I! I cant wait to stay again in April!

Room Tip: I always ask for high floor nice view from the front
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!