“Rude Intimidating Employees”

Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Ranked #88 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Our flight was delayed into Denver and we called for transfer services at 3:20 am. Told by D... at the front desk that we would have to wait forty minutes. It was how he spoke not only to me but a business man who had already phoned for pick-up. When the driver finally arrived, I inquired the distance to the hotel and was asked, "You got a problem"? Thinking that I misunderstood him, I asked the same question two more times. I finally learned that the Crowne Plaza Denver International hotel is actually 12 miles from the airport. At that point, since I did not know where we were going and we had a beligerent employee. I said no more. Clients should not have to feel intiminated and concerned for their safety.

1  Thank Christine B
IHGCare, ihg care at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our staff services. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you.

I understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future.

I would like to thank you for your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 August 2011

All necessary ammenities for business travel, wireless in the room worked great, refrig, microwave - everything was great. Free shuttle from DIA to the hotel and back. Big atrium area with restaurant, which was too pricey for breakfast ($5.00 for a sweet roll that was stale and 3 inches in diameter?) But there are plenty of food establishments nearby, so go to Applebee's for dinner and fast-food for lunch or breakfast. Workout room was visible from the atrium area, which was unusual. The best part was the shuttle right to your door.........I'll go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Pat p
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My parents and I stayed at this property the day before and the day after our seven day bus tour. We got a great rate through Hotwire. Wow, I didn't realize how good we had it the first day until we stayed at some of the bus tour accomodations!

When we arrived at the airport, I called the hotel to find out where the shuttle was going to pick us up. It arrived within 15 minutes. There was a number of guests going to the same hotel, but the bus driver was quick and efficient on both loading and unloading luggage when we were picked up and dropped off.

When we got to the hotel, there was only one person at the reservations desk, but the security manager also stepped behind a desk to check guests in, so the line went quickly. We were given a room with king bed and sofa sleeper (with no earplug/eyemask/linenspray sachet!); would've preferred a 2 queen room but it was late and we were tired. Had to call down to ask for linens for the sofa sleeper; they were brought within 5 minutes.

The next morning, we used the exercise room, which was quite large with a variety of equipment. There were towels and a water filtering machine, which was nice. Check out was quick and easy. The airport shuttle again was efficient. Make sure to ask to be put on the schedule the evening before; again, heading to the airport it was a full bus!

After our tour, we rented a car and drove back to Crowne Plaza to stay the night. It was easy to reach from the car rentals at the airport. This time, we asked for and got 2 queen beds. All amenities were in place and fine. This evening, we used the pool and hot tub facility. Striped towels located nearby. I liked how the pool room was seperated from the lobby with frosted glass, but not from the parking lot? Unless the parking lot side had tinted glass, the fact that others could look into the pool is a bit disconcerting.

For the business traveler, they have a business center with 3(?) computers, a printer, and a copier/printer/fax. It was convenient for me to print out our boarding passes before we left. In-room wireless signal was strong (we stayed on Floors 2 and 3). Did not get to have a drink at the bar, and indeed, the fountain in the main lobby is beautiful.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. We found that it was everything it was advertised to be.

1  Thank everfair
Reviewed 20 August 2011

wonderful staff.Jason at front desk is wonderful.The resturant staff was polite and accomidating to our needs.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Very nice well kept hotel, friendly staff, no vent in the bathroom, so water dripped from ceiling after 4 of us used the shower. Nice flatscreen tv. Bedding was of nice quality, The curtains do not close, in order to block out light, but I needed to be up early anyway. Its not really located by the airport at all, but there is a shuttle. Booked "name your own price" thru priceline, and thats how I ended up there. I would prefer a hotel on Tower Rd by the airport tho.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

great for an overnight stay before an early morning flight or a late arrival. Only negative was the time it took for the shuttle from the hotel to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Just what was needed after a long drive from Jackson, WY. We stayed on night before flying home the next day. The kids enjoyed the pool and we all enjoyed the room. The rooms could use some updating but we looked past the minor flaws. We booked through Price line and received a sweet deal.