Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsdenver airportbreakfast buffetfront desk staffwould stay here againbusiness centerlobby areathe shuttle driverbusiness travelan early morning flightgreat roomking suitefree shuttleairlineprinter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This is a different sort of review, since I have never personally been to this hotel. My 95 year old father-in-law was coming from his home in St. Louis to ours in Washington last June. His plane was delayed in Denver and he was given a voucher for a hotel and put on a shuttle at 10:30 PM. Although the airline clearly had him marked for needing assistance, he was given none. He got off the shuttle at this hotel; which is not the one he had the voucher for. They honored the voucher, fed him twice, personally delivered him to the escort at DIA the following day. The evening manager, restaurant manager, and shuttle driver all went out of their way to make sure this great gentleman was taken care of. I can't say enough about the relief my wife and I felt at him being in their good hands. The staff that he and we interacted with truly treated him and us with caring and respect.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Buckarama
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Hello and thank you for your review,

I am so very happy to hear about the experience your father-in-law had at our hotel. We train and encourage our entire staff to be as accommodating as possible to each and every one of our guests and I am proud as the General Manager to hear that they lived up to the standards that are set by IHG.

We hope to see you and or your family members again at our hotel!

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Very friendly front desk staff, bar staff and pretty much friendly everybody that we came into contact with. The hotel appears a little dated but everything is nicely kept. We were able to check in early and be upgraded to a kind bedroom, with no problem. My husband was flying out early on an International flight and had no problem catching the free shuttle that he needed. Their restaurant restaurant and lounge is spacious and comfortable. We stay at hotels near quite often and had not stayed at this Crowne yet, I would recommend it and would return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you were satisfied with the service and amenities found at our hotel! We recognize that our hotel is an older property than some of the others, but we have recently undergone a large renovation to make sure that our space meets every guest's standards!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We attended an event at the convention center. One section of the event was a reenactment of an afternoon tea on the Titanic. The chef researched and recreated the recipes used on that fated 1912 voyage and the food was spectacular as a result of the care of the staff. We were very impressed by the attention to detail that was shown by the staff.

The facilities are top notch. Well maintained, clean and well designed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for your review!

We are so glad that you were satisfied with our culinary efforts at the event you attended. We take it upon ourselves to try and make every experience a memorable one for our guests.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

I arrived late in the evening, needing to catch a morning flight out of DIA. They have plenty of parking, likely due to the park and fly programs many of the hotels have. $8 a day to park is a pretty good deal.
Let me preface this by saying I purchased the room through hotwire since it was a last minute trip. The price beat about every one of the other (considered) mid-higher price range hotels. I would stay at this property again for the $90 price tag but not for the rates quoted on other websites.
Check in was easy and the front desk was helpful in explaining their park and fly program. I made it to my room-it was large and comfortable. The bed, firmer than I usually like but it was OK.
Now, the issues:
-the alarm clock did not work, tried following the instructions on the top of the clock-the numbers wouldn't budge. Oh well, got a wake up call and set my cell phone alarm.
-the guest book says ice AND vending on each floor-grabbed my ice bucket and some cash thought I would just make due with a snack before bed as I had skipped supper on my way in to Denver. Wrong-there was an ice machine and that was it. Not feeling up to going on a search for vending machines, I opted to just order room service. The guest brochure says "24 hour" and while I understand the options are limited after a certain time, I didn't have my hopes up. Good thing, after numerous tries to reach room service-the number in the book and pushing the "room service" button on the phone I got NO answer! Good thing I wasn't starving or a diabetic!
One thing that bothers me in today's "business class" hotels is the lack of free wifi--this hotel DOES provide free wifi-a plus in my book.
One thing I do wonder about hotels now is the lack of adequate and accessable outlets to plug in computers, phones, tablets etc. this hotel was no exception to this. No place to plug in a bedside phone without getting behind the bed and built in nightstands and unplugging the light or the alarm clock. "sigh" oh well, someday all hotels will have a "charging center".
I would pay the $90 for the room again but I wouldn't cough up much more than that.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank countrydoc425
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Hello and thank you for your review,

I am sincerely apologetic for the lack of service that you experienced from our concierge staff. We encourage our guests to let the front desk know when particular items are not in service (your alarm clock) or not up to standards (no vending). I am incredibly concerned with the fact that our concierge services did not pick up your call for room service and I would love to find out more about your stay including the dates and times so that we can ensure that this is not an issue in the future.

If you wouldn't mind, please email me at DENAU@jqh.com with your stay details and we will work to rectify the situation.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

The Crowne is an older hotel that's about 15 minutes from Denver International. While the hotel itself is a little dated, it seems well maintained and our room was clean and mostly updated. The carpet was a little worn and the furniture was older than most, but the linens and towels were fresh and soft. Our check-in was quick and efficient and the shuttle service to our early morning flight was perfect. I would stay at the crowne again any time I need to be close to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for your review! Our hotel is one of the older hotels in the area, however we did recently go through a complete renovation to update the look and amenities of the space. We appreciate the good feedback and we are glad you will be staying with us again in the future!

We look forward to seeing you,