Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsdenver airportbreakfast buffetfront desk staffwould stay here againbusiness centerlobby areathe shuttle driverbusiness travelan early morning flightgreat roomking suitefree shuttleairlineprinter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I was expecting something less convenient and more run down when I got here, so was pleasantly surprised when it turned out overall very positive. The rooms were big and comfortable, the greeting and treatment at the check in desk was superb. There was always (and I came back and forth at all times of the day-evening) someone or two persons available to help with questions, and they did so very cheerfully. What was really nice is that seemed to really take into the account that as a priority club gold member one should be recognized as such. this is rarely done correctly.
I liked the fact that there was both a pool and whirlpool that, though small, was perfectly warm and I felt comfortable there. The buffet breakfast was not the best that I have had in a crowne plaza, but it was good, and, again, the service was excellent. The only bad part was getting to the place. The gps navigation system did not like the confused layout of the highways and 40th street and the like, and I did not either, as it took a couple of days to really know where one was. And also, with the clogging of the freeway, the alternate routes took me through some really less than desirable parts of the city, and I felt very uncomfortable. But all and all, a very good trip and experience.

Room Tip: No tips. The rooms were all fine and had good water pressure and bathtub and shower, so I was very happy.
1  Thank belgoamerican2016
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Hi belgoamerican,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We will consider adding more directional information to our website to assist with the confusing drive from the airport.

We hope to see you again in the future,

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Below average maintenance of an older property. The cleanliness of our room left alot to be desired. The real kicker were the number of stains on the back of the bathroom door including a smear of green gel toothpaste - and since neither of us use a green gel toothpaste, that's a problem. We were tired and desparate or we would have left. If someone took a black light to the room...my feeling is that bodily fluids would be found all over the walls just based on what I could see with the naked eye. Avoid this hotel unless you don't need a clean room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrissieKnows

Hello ChrissieKnows,

Thank you so much for the feedback from your stay. We fully clean each room after every individual stay and it is very alarming to me that you did not feel your room was cleaned to guest standards. I will be addressing your comments with our concierge staff to ensure that all rooms are always thoroughly cleaned. In the future, please notify the front desk of any issues during your stay so that we can take action to make things right.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I definitely recommend staying at the Crown Plaza at DIA, especially if you have an early flight out or are traveling on business. The lobby has a really neat water feature and the restaurant has good food - definitely somewhere that I would eat again.

They have free WIFI (which strangely, there are a large number of hotels that don't so I was very glad to hear that they did). They also have a business center where you can go check into your flight and print boarding passes. They have free parking and a shuttle to the airport to save you some time and money.

The rooms were clean, the exercise equipment was all newer and functioning (again, another weird thing to be happy about, but you see a lot of neglect in hotels with their exercise equipment)! Overall, more than satisfied and will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Hi and thank you for your review,

We truly appreciate the kind words and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Happy traveling,

Reviewed 21 March 2013

My thanks to the excellent staff at the Denver Airport Crowne Plaza who assisted with my special requests earlier this week. I was informed during my stay of the recent death of one of our soldiers from Ohio, and the staff was most compassionate in getting me to the airport on time while I was making special arrangements. I cannot thank them enough: From the General Manager to the Reception Desk, the Bell Captain and the restaurant staff - All were so wonderful - true patriots, for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for the review. It truly touches our hearts and we feel for your loss, we are glad that we could be there to alleviate some of the stress during your travel. We hope to see you again in the future under better circumstances, of course.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

The hotel was kinda outdated in the lobby and eating area. The room was updated and it was average but not what I was expecting. We also were not aware that all the airport hotels are a 20 to 30 minute drive from the airport so you have to be careful to allow extra time for this. It was a great place to stay for the night and the food was great and would stay here again because of the value.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Hello and thank you for your review,

I am glad that you would stay with us again in the future, and I want to apologize if you felt that parts of our hotel were outdated. Our property is an older property, however we are continuously working to update our rooms and amenities so that we can provide a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere to our guests.

Our hotel is approximately 12 miles from Denver International Airport and averages about a 15 minute drive. I am sorry that your trip was 30 minutes long, as that must have been a reflection of extraordinarily busy traffic.

We hope to see you again in the future,