“Good hotel, great service!”

Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Ranked #87 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 13 April 2013

After a delayed flight in Boston resulted in a missed connector in Denver, I was understandably very frustrated and upset. I picked the Crowne Plaza randomly, but was very pleased with the frequency of the shuttles that brought me from the airport and the cleanliness of the hotel, but I was even more so impressed by the friendly and unwavering service of the receptionist, Will. Not only was this young man approachable, but made me feel a little better about the disaster my flight had turned into. I recommend this hotel and commend Will for his outstanding service.

• Stayed: April 2013
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Hello and thank you for your review!

We are so happy to hear that we were able to turn your frustrating day into an okay evening. It is our goal to always offer a relaxing stay to guests traveling through Denver.
I will be passing your comments on to Will.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I was not impressed with this hotel. I arrived at the hotel later in the evening, and I was ignored by many of the staff while I waited for someone to check me in. When someone finally noticed me they were not very friendly. When we got to our room it had a weird smell and was very cramped. Luckly we were not staying there long, we checked out early.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for your review,

I want to apologize for your dissatisfaction with our hotel. I will be addressing your comments about the staff in our next meeting. It is our goal to consistently provide a welcoming, relaxing and comfortable atmosphere to our guests and I apologize that you did not have this experience during your visit. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I had a connecting flight to Denver, and due to weather didn't make it into Denver until after my connection. Since there was alot of this going on, everyone was scrambling for hotels. My fiance called around to a few places, and finally called the Crowne Plaza. She spoke with Will on the phone, and he was EXTREMELY helpful! He worked with her to get me the room I needed for the night. Everyone there was nice and helpful as well, but Will went above and beyond to acquire accommodations for me. As anyone who has been in the situation knows, it is a frustrating process calling 10 hotels for a room. Will eased the frustration as soon as he answered! Thanks and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to pass your kind words on to Will, and I am glad that our staff was able to accommodate you during a frustrating time.
We hope to see you again in the future, under more favorable circumstances.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We flew into Denver late at night and stayed here before traveling in the morning. Front desk staff were terrific, hotel lobby areas are beautiful. We had breakfast in the restaurant, which was delicious. (The server messed up my order slightly but it was not a big deal and I did not draw her attention to it.) Comfortable beds. Clean, nice room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Hello and thank you for your review!

We are glad that you enjoyed your (short) stay with us! I apologize that your meal was not perfect, but am glad you enjoyed it nonetheless.
We hope to see you again soon, perhaps for a longer stay!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We missed our connecting flight in Denver due to the weather in Durango. We had never stayed at a Crowne Plaza so we didn't know what to expect. The lobby was very nice and the rooms were updated and clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and provided free shuttle to the airport. There is a lot of fast food and convenience stores within walking distance. We there less than 10 hours so didn't do much at the hotel. I would definitely stay here again if the situation should arise again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Hello and thank you for your review!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for the short time that you were here. We pride ourselves in our conveniences including free WIFI, free airport shuttle and free parking and we are glad that you were able to take advantage of what we have to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel is large, part of a convention center, but the employees were personal and helpful, greeting us every time we saw them. The room was lovely, up-to-date, comfortable and quiet. Best of all, they have a shuttle service to the airport and you can leave your car at the hotel for a reasonable fee.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Julie L,

We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza DIA. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I bid on a 3.5 star room on Priceline and got a room at the Crowne. I have stayed here before and would again. But probably not at full price. My room was clean and comfortable but it is definitely a little older with the lower ceilings in the hall. My room was on the side by a highway and was pretty noisy. There was a hole in the carpet in the bedroom, which honestly didn't bother me because the carpet looked clean. The staff was very friendly and I actually ordered room service and had great service. For a 3.5 star hotel I would expect no holes in the carpet and a little more luxury but overall I was pleased. The internet was free and there was plenty of parking so that was a big plus.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Hello and thank you for your review,

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us. While we do have an older property, we have taken many efforts to update the rooms and amenities so that we can be sure to provide a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere to our guests. Again, we thank you for your review!

We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.