“Lost, Found, Never Shipped”

Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Ranked #83 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Ogden, Utah
“Lost, Found, Never Shipped”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice, no problems with cleanliness or anything. My problem was when I accidentally left a ring in my room. It was a ring that my Grandpa gave to me not long before he died. I called them back and was told that the ring had been found. They explained the details of it so I know it was my ring. I gave them my address and they said they would ship it. A few weeks went by and the ring didn't show up. When I called they said it had been shipped. I asked for a tracking number they said they would have to look it up and call me back be the end of the day, never got called back. I tried calling them today to see and she told me nothing had been shipped to that address. I've worked in several hotels myself and never did we allow something like this to happen. If something was shipped we held onto every tracking number. For all I know a Crowne Plaza DIA employee has a nice ring that they helped themselves to. No compassion nor caring.

Stayed December 2013
Don W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hi UtTravels,

First off, I would like to apologize for your experience. Our first priority at Crowne Plaza DIA is to provide quality service and an enjoyable experience for each of our customers. We would love the opportunity to make this right. At Crowne Plaza, we are very concerned about the satisfaction of our guests. Please email our GM at denau@jqh.com so we can provide a resolution to this matter.

Don Woodin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Eagle, Colorado
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The hotel is fine, it's clean, the workers are nice, the room was large. However, my only real complaint was the bed. It was really bad, not comfortable at all causing me to toss and turn all night long. I probably won't stay here again because of the bed situation. I'm still giving it a 3/5 because everything else was fine or really good (like the workout room). But, without a restful nights sleep I cannot give it a better score.

Room Tip: Room 606 was the one with the horrible bed and it's facing the interstate so it's noisy. I...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Hi rebcherry88,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're sorry to hear that you had trouble sleeping and appreciate your patience as we continously work to make our rooms as comfortable for guests as possible. At Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport, we understand that you have several choices when choosing a hotel and appreciate your choice to stay with us.

Corte Madera, California
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were at the Crowne Plaza so that my daughter could compete in the Olympic weightlifting competition..The hotel was clean, well appointed and reasonably modern. The one hitch we had was the service in the hotel restaurant. On the night we arrived, we went down to the restaurant around 9 pm. We ordered, and sat back to talk about the weekend competition ahead. After 25 minutes, I asked the waiter if she would check on our order. Shortly thereafter, our dinner was brought to our table. And the food in the restaurant was always very good. The restaurant manager came out to out table after we were finished and apologized about the delay in the arrival of our order. He offered to comp us drinks and/or dessert. My daughter is an athlete, and neither of us drink. Neither of us wanted dessert, but we thanked the manager for his offer. He told us that if we ordered room service or came to the restaurant for another meal, he would "take care" of us. The next day, my daughter and I went to the restaurant for lunch. We ordered, and after approximately 25-30 minutes, I asked one of the servers to check on our order. She left, and about ten minutes later our food arrived at our table. The food itself was very good again. After we had signed for the check, the same manager came out and apologized profusely for our order taking 40 minutes to get to our table. He again reiterated his offer to comp a meal for us. We thanked him and left. That evening, since my daughter had trained very hard during the day, we decided to order room service. When I called down, the same manager answered the room service line. He took our order and said it would be up in 20-30 minutes. Right on time, I heard a knock on my room door. I answered it and there was the same manager with the tray and our food. Long story short we did take advantage of his offer of a free meal. And I have to say that he went out of his way, in some unexpected ways to make sure we were satisfied. And we were. He more than made up for the inconvenience of the two meals that took longer than expected. Thank you Robert.

Room Tip: I do not think there is a bad room location in the whole hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Hi yamathumper,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. At Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport, we understand that you have several choices when choosing a hotel and appreciate your dedication.

Truro, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My family and I were recently stuck in Colorado for an extra week during the New Years week of airplane cancellations. The staff at the hotel and the restaurant were absolutely the most friendly and helpful staff I have ever met. If we ever have to stay in Denver again we would choose this hotel. The maitre d of the restaurant was so helpful and We loved their homemade Chips!

Room Tip: It is a hotel used to travellers, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Hi karenzscheile,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially amidst the travel issues you were having. At Crowne Plaza, we understand that you have several choices when choosing a hotel and appreciate your decision to dedication.

Niceville, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Reserved through Priceline at a good price. Very convenient to the airport. Modern, clean, and comfortable. Nothing seemed out of date or worn. Parking was available at no additional charge. Would love to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twballard
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Hi twballard,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We understand that you have several choices when choosing a hotel and we appreciate your dedication to Crowne Plaza DIA.

Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed here to catch an early flight back home. There was a mix up on the time we were supposed to be down to catch the shuttle. When we got downstairs the shuttle had left (30 minute wait) and the desk called the driver and he cam back for us with no questions asked.

This was great and what customer service. We always stay here the night before heading out of town!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear oldtravelerOklahoma,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We understand that you have several choices when choosing a hotel and we appreciate your continuous dedication to Crowne Plaza DIA.

Eden, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I spent the night at the Crowne Plaza Denver Airport on my way home from Denver to North Carolina and was very pleased with the room and facilities.

I'd like to mention the fact that when I asked about leaving my vehicle in their parking lot for an extended period of time that I was answered with a smile and an "Of course you can, at no charge whatsoever! Just fill out this form and we'll be glad to keep it for you!" No charge like other hotels who nickel and dime you if you need to leave a vehicle for a trip back east, and there's a shuttle to take you to and from the airport.

A really nice deal and really nice people. I appreciate their consideration.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear NorthStarT,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay, as well as our staff and amenities. We understand that you have several choices when choosing a hotel and we appreciate your dedication to Crowne Plaza DIA.

Don Woodin, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Residence Inn Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr? Share your experiences!