Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Ranked #84 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Ok”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Great free shuttle to the airport (10 min away).
Front desk service was excellent.
The room was ok.
The bathroom (room 106) the toilet cover had a brown substance on it. The ceiling above the shower needs maintenance.
The breakfast buffet was the biggest disappointment. The waitresses were not attentive even though there were more of them than patrons.
The "warm food" which you pay an extra $4 for was not that good & cold. Regular breakfast is $9.99 & the warm food breakfast is $13.99. Neither one is worth paying.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hi VicandFawn,

Thank you for your review. We would like to apologize for your recent dissatisfaction with our breakfast buffet and overall experience. Our first priority is to provide quality service and an enjoyable experience for each of our customers. We take these comments very seriously and this will be addressed with our staff immediately. As a hotel we try to update our space continuously to ensure the comfortability of our guests.

Sincerely, Don Woodin, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Edmond
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was a quick overnight trip to Denver, so I thought I would travel light and rely on hotel toiletry items. The hotel had everything, but the razor was the dullest thing I've ever used- like every whisker was being pulled out of my face - not the most pleasant morning. They should throw the whole buch out and start over.

The hotel itself is ok - rooms clean, quiet. Breakfast buffet has good variety. Didn't have time to try the gym, but looked well stocked.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hi HEF2013,

First off, I would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction with our razors. Our first priority is to provide quality service and an enjoyable experience for each of our customers. As a hotel we try to update our space continuously to ensure the comfortability of our guests. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Sincerely, Don Woodin, GM
Griffith, Indiana
Reviewed 25 February 2014

A great stay overall for almost 2 weeks for work. Made me and my co-workers feel welcome right away when we showed up day of super bowl, and they had TV and food ready for us. Even though the home town team lost, many of the fans and workers of the hotel were very pleasant towards Seattle fans. Management and the workers were all very helpful towards me and my co-workers. This included those going out of their way to help and show us around using the shuttle bus. Restaurant/bar could have had better service being late on orders, but during breakfast there were no problems. Room was quiet and clean.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hi Ryan S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad to hear that you and your coworkers enjoyed your stay. At Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport, we understand that you have several choices when choosing a hotel and appreciate your dedication.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here for one night after getting stranded at Denver airport. Excellent, friendly check-in service, free vouchers for bfst/ bar for Platinum member, nice and well decorated room with sofa sleeper. Airport shuttle service every 15 min between 4;45-7:00am, after that every 30 min

Negative: the sofa sleeper mattress was disgusting and badly stained. Upon complaining, they came immediately with some mattress pads and extra sheets but it clearly needed to be exchanged rather than COVERED :-(

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hi Travel2Adventure,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the sleeper mattress and appreciate your patience as we continuously work to make our rooms as comfortable for guests as possible. At Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport, we understand that you have several choices when choosing a hotel and appreciate your choice to stay with us. Don Woodin, General Manager
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice, no problems with cleanliness or anything. My problem was when I accidentally left a ring in my room. It was a ring that my Grandpa gave to me not long before he died. I called them back and was told that the ring had been found. They explained the details of it so I know it was my ring. I gave them my address and they said they would ship it. A few weeks went by and the ring didn't show up. When I called they said it had been shipped. I asked for a tracking number they said they would have to look it up and call me back be the end of the day, never got called back. I tried calling them today to see and she told me nothing had been shipped to that address. I've worked in several hotels myself and never did we allow something like this to happen. If something was shipped we held onto every tracking number. For all I know a Crowne Plaza DIA employee has a nice ring that they helped themselves to. No compassion nor caring.

Stayed December 2013
Don W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hi UtTravels,

First off, I would like to apologize for your experience. Our first priority at Crowne Plaza DIA is to provide quality service and an enjoyable experience for each of our customers. We would love the opportunity to make this right. At Crowne Plaza, we are very concerned about the satisfaction of our guests. Please email our GM at denau@jqh.com so we can provide a resolution to this matter.

Don Woodin
Eagle, Colorado
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The hotel is fine, it's clean, the workers are nice, the room was large. However, my only real complaint was the bed. It was really bad, not comfortable at all causing me to toss and turn all night long. I probably won't stay here again because of the bed situation. I'm still giving it a 3/5 because everything else was fine or really good (like the workout room). But, without a restful nights sleep I cannot give it a better score.

Room Tip: Room 606 was the one with the horrible bed and it's facing the interstate so it's noisy. I...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Hi rebcherry88,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're sorry to hear that you had trouble sleeping and appreciate your patience as we continously work to make our rooms as comfortable for guests as possible. At Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport, we understand that you have several choices when choosing a hotel and appreciate your choice to stay with us.

Corte Madera, California
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were at the Crowne Plaza so that my daughter could compete in the Olympic weightlifting competition..The hotel was clean, well appointed and reasonably modern. The one hitch we had was the service in the hotel restaurant. On the night we arrived, we went down to the restaurant around 9 pm. We ordered, and sat back to talk about the weekend competition ahead. After 25 minutes, I asked the waiter if she would check on our order. Shortly thereafter, our dinner was brought to our table. And the food in the restaurant was always very good. The restaurant manager came out to out table after we were finished and apologized about the delay in the arrival of our order. He offered to comp us drinks and/or dessert. My daughter is an athlete, and neither of us drink. Neither of us wanted dessert, but we thanked the manager for his offer. He told us that if we ordered room service or came to the restaurant for another meal, he would "take care" of us. The next day, my daughter and I went to the restaurant for lunch. We ordered, and after approximately 25-30 minutes, I asked one of the servers to check on our order. She left, and about ten minutes later our food arrived at our table. The food itself was very good again. After we had signed for the check, the same manager came out and apologized profusely for our order taking 40 minutes to get to our table. He again reiterated his offer to comp a meal for us. We thanked him and left. That evening, since my daughter had trained very hard during the day, we decided to order room service. When I called down, the same manager answered the room service line. He took our order and said it would be up in 20-30 minutes. Right on time, I heard a knock on my room door. I answered it and there was the same manager with the tray and our food. Long story short we did take advantage of his offer of a free meal. And I have to say that he went out of his way, in some unexpected ways to make sure we were satisfied. And we were. He more than made up for the inconvenience of the two meals that took longer than expected. Thank you Robert.

Room Tip: I do not think there is a bad room location in the whole hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Hi yamathumper,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. At Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport, we understand that you have several choices when choosing a hotel and appreciate your dedication.

Don Woodin, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Residence Inn Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr? Share your experiences!